#03 - 04/08/12 - Hearts 2-0 Saints - Spl

Eh? Seriously folks!

The season is about to kick off in a matter of days and there is still no Match thread to be seen. I know there has been a great deal to talk about recently, mostly good but we still need a match thread for actual football talk. Yes I know there is a thread regarding the ticket costs but that's another subject all together.

Anyway, should be a cracking game. McGlynn will be wanting to stamp his authority on the Hearts team although they have lost most key players from the Cup final triumph and no signings, so how they shape up should be interesting.

Saints on the other hand already have two competitive games under their belt as well as some impressive signings over the summer that look like they could cause many defences a lot of trouble. Vine is rumoured to be only about 40% match fit so likely he will come on as a sub in the latter stages of the match, hopefully to score the winner!

The Edinburgh Saints flag made it back from Turkey unharmed and shall be making it's Edinburgh debut right down the front over the empty seats to wynd up the Knuckle draggers in the Main stand:twisted:

Come on you Saints!!!!

Eh? Seriously folks!

The season is about to kick off in a matter of days and there is still no Match thread to be seen. I know there has been a great deal to talk about recently, mostly good but we still need a match thread for actual football talk. Yes I know there is a thread regarding the ticket costs but that's another subject all together.

Anyway, should be a cracking game. McGlynn will be wanting to stamp his authority on the Hearts team although they have lost most key players from the Cup final triumph and no signings, so how they shape up should be interesting.

Saints on the other hand already have two competitive games under their belt as well as some impressive signings over the summer that look like they could cause many defences a lot of trouble. Vine is rumoured to be only about 40% match fit so likely he will come on as a sub in the latter stages of the match, hopefully to score the winner!

The Edinburgh Saints flag made it back from Turkey unharmed and shall be making it's Edinburgh debut right down the front over the empty seats to wynd up the Knuckle draggers in the Main stand:twisted:

Come on you Saints!!!!

Gutted this is the first game of the season and I'll be missing it, but I suppose I've got a slightly bigger match to attend on Saturday! See you guys in the evening, hopefully celebrating 3 points!

Oh, and try to get the flag as close to the front as you can - Nikki and the wedding coordinator (also a Saints fan) are trying to arrange a live internet feed of the game to put on behind the bar before the meal starts and I want to see the flag on screen! COYS.

Gutted this is the first game of the season and I'll be missing it, but I suppose I've got a slightly bigger match to attend on Saturday! See you guys in the evening, hopefully celebrating 3 points!

Oh, and try to get the flag as close to the front as you can - Nikki and the wedding coordinator (also a Saints fan) are trying to arrange a live internet feed of the game to put on behind the bar before the meal starts and I want to see the flag on screen! COYS.

Certainly will, going to try and get it on telly at every away ground in one season.

Well played to Nikki for getting the game streamed at her own wedding, most women would go nuts at even the suggestion! Though she did also say to bring the flag to your reception before she even knew you had mentioned likewise :)

See you in Weeg on Saturday.

Priorities Nelly:roll::wink:.Have a good day,all the best to Nikki and you and we will keep the blue flag flying high!!!! CYS

Seems to have gone a bit flat for this game, loads of people who I thought would going for various reasons aren't! Hopefully this is isolated to my group of mates! Can't wait for this game, given all that's happened over the summer + the inititives the club have put in place please please try and get to the game! It's the first game of the season, let's make ourselves seen and heard!!

where are you going to get a live internet feed from? I normally only find feeds of spl games if they are at old firm home grounds or being broadcast somewhere on tv at the time.

where are you going to get a live internet feed from? I normally only find feeds of spl games if they are at old firm home grounds or being broadcast somewhere on tv at the time.

**** knows, it was just an idea the missus and wedding coordinator came up with. I'm usually at the games so never tried to watch saints on a live feed! It's nothing to do with me, all I was told was I'd better be at the church for a 1.30 kick off or I'm dead!

Live text updates will have to suffice if there's not going to be a feed.

Mannus

Dave Wright Cracks Davidson

Millar Muzz Cregg Craig

Tade Hasselbank

subs-Tuffey Ando Moon Vine May 2youngsters

leaving no place for Miller Scobie Adams Robbo Higgins , quality squad compared to most other teams who just have decent starting 11's who will struggle when injuries n suspensions kick in

Mannus

Dave Wright Cracks Davidson

Millar Muzz Cregg Craig

Tade Hasselbank

subs-Tuffey Ando Moon Vine May 2youngsters

leaving no place for Miller Scobie Adams Robbo Higgins , quality squad compared to most other teams who just have decent starting 11's who will struggle when injuries n suspensions kick in

Hard to argue with that. It seems harsh on Miller to be out of the squad entirely but assuming Mackay has fully recovered he should start and Anderson is a more versatile option for the bench.

I imagine we'll have Hasselbaink starting in a wider position rather than right up alongside Tade though.

If we are going with 4-5-1 then it might also be handy to have Adams on the bench as another midfield option, with May dropping out. Depends on how Lomas plans to set things up. It's good to have options with everyone more or less fit.

I can't make the game, whihc I'm actually quite devastated about. I love Hearts away :-(

I think we could get something out of this game though. Hearts are considerably weaker than they were last season, especially going forward. Grainger is suspended, Hamill is injured too, so we can really exploit the wings, especially up the right.

I'd be tempted to go 4-5-1 to start, but with an attacking edge.

Mannus

Mackay Anderson Wright C Dav

Hasselbank Millar Cregg M Dav Craig

Tade

Hasselbaink and Tade to start. We can even move to the 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 that we played for a lot of the game against EsEs with that line up.

Bear in mind also, we have May and Hasselbaink who both qualify as u21s this season I'm sure. Only one kid required, and we have the likes of Caddis just on the fringes of the first team too.