FIFA Fair Play Award

Just been reading about the trouble that appeared to mar what appeared to be a fantastic game of football at Tannadice last night during Utd’s game with Dinamo Moscow. Appalling scenes that have no place in a football stadium in this day and age I’m sure you will all agree.

It got me thinking about just how impeccably well behaved our fans were when we visited Turkey, and how friendly and hospitable all the Turkish fans were towards us and vice-versa in the return leg here in Perth. The atmosphere in Bar Street in Eskisehir will be something that I will never forgot, the banter and good nature between both sets of fans was a joy to be involved in. I genuinely don’t think there will be another game in Europe / World football where two sets of fans have came together so well, forging links between the clubs, making friendships that will continue. I personally made very good friends with a couple of EsEs fans who I have been in contact with over the last couple of weeks since the games to reminisce about just how much fun we had in Turkey and on their return visit to Perth, and also to wish them well in their home leg against Marseille. Discussions have already taken place regarding them returning to Scotland next year to attend one of derbies against Dundee / Dundee Utd.

I really do believe the attitudes of all involved with St Johnstone and Eskisehirspor (Players, Officials, and Fans) should be highlighted in some way. I’ve had a quick look on the internet and there appears to be a precedence for this sort of thing as you will see from the link below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_Fair_Play_Award

Now I’m not daft enough to think that FIFA would ever dream about recognising such a small team as Saints but I do think we should be making a point of it, if nothing else it could raise the profile of both clubs which is never a bad thing.

Thoughts..?

self grandising bollocks.ye make me want tae puke.

Thanks for your input, much appreciated.

and to think genuinely funny posters like Super Saint get banned from this Forum for having the audacity to crack a few jokes and make folk laugh, and yet we continually have to put up with this.... The inane ramblings of a complete clown.

For once in your life mate, how about acting your age. tw*t!

Thanks for your input, much appreciated.

and to think genuinely funny posters like Super Saint get banned from this Forum for having the audacity to crack a few jokes and make folk laugh, and yet we continually have to put up with this.... The inane ramblings of a complete clown.

For once in your life mate, how about acting your age. tw*t!

i am not being funny .i am serious.ye wanted thoughts and ye got it.

what a load of bollocks trying to get a fair play award just because we had a braw time with the turkish fans.the way your slavering ye would think it was world war 3 at every football match but somehow saints and eses came together in peace.i am not yer mate either.away and sook on a lo l lipop and calm doon.

what a load of bollocks trying to get a fair play award just because we had a braw time with the turkish fans.the way your slavering ye would think it was world war 3 at every football match but somehow saints and eses came together in peace.i am not yer mate either.away and sook on a lo l lipop and calm doon.

SLF that is one of your posts of the year. Totally agree with your sentiments, the vast majority of matches that were played would see no problems like Saints and Esses do they all deserve an award aswell.

Yes Please -Free Beer -woy -sooky.

Sounds a great idea if you ask me, not surprised by posting it on here though that its attracted the usual goons!

I am almost 100% sure that not all games between 2 sides in the Europa League kindles the types of relationships that were forged with EsEs fans over the last few weeks.

The singing alone at the 2nd leg would have the hair standing on end of many a hardened footie fan.

I would be happy to see Saints forge a formal affiliation with Eskisehirspor to acknowledge the feel good factor that this tie brought.

Sounds a great idea if you ask me, not surprised by posting it on here though that its attracted the usual goons!

I am almost 100% sure that not all games between 2 sides in the Europa League kindles the types of relationships that were forged with EsEs fans over the last few weeks.

The singing alone at the 2nd leg would have the hair standing on end of many a hardened footie fan.

I would be happy to see Saints forge a formal affiliation with Eskisehirspor to acknowledge the feel good factor that this tie brought.

Why dont you email the club then!?