Motherwell vs. Saints 11/08/12 - SPL

entertaining game. Do not think we will get a better chance to beat them. Well looked fatigued from playing in 40degree heat a couple of days ago and clear to see the start of the second half we took control. So many shots narrowly wide, could have been 3or4! Settle for a point against the second best team in the league but could have and should have been a win. I thought the manager set the team up well from start to finish. Vine is to blame for his first tackle, what an arse, Thats where the blame should be pointed. Or to the pen miss. Dont understand the witch hunt for lomas, this type of support boils my piss
To be fair my piss boils when he fails to make the substitution when it's needed and he doesn't... so by the law of averages there will be piss boiling all season :wink:

To be fair my piss boils when he fails to make the substitution when it's needed and he doesn't... so by the law of averages there will be piss boiling all season :wink:

Looking at yesterdays bench, i dont think any of them would have made any great impact on the game anyway tbh.

What exactly was this tinkering the manager did? I saw 451 before and after half time just a far better attitude.

Higgins was a lot more effective and intelligent in stopping them playing it from the back when he came on and that helped us push on some more as well.

Higgins can count himself unlucky that he did not get more game time yesterday .

Though not an out and out goalscorer , his linkup play is impressive .

His time must come soon.

Higgins was a lot more effective and intelligent in stopping them playing it from the back when he came on and that helped us push on some more as well.

Higgins can count himself unlucky that he did not get more game time yesterday .

Though not an out and out goalscorer , his linkup play is impressive .

His time must come soon.

Higgins could be good for us. Always hated him at other clubs because he was such a niggly nuisance who always seemed to cause us bother.

I know that was in the first division, but the SPL standard is heading that way anyway - not that I'm complaining. :laugh:

3 sending offs in what must be 8 league games.

Worrying.

If you look at the 3 sending offs though:

Fran - Silly to get involved after a booking with a sub waiting to come on for him

Tada - Sent off for nothing

Vine - 2 challenges 2 bookings and the second with a sub waiting to come on for him.

Article last week on the OS about the last time we got a player sent off on the first day we also got a player sent off the following week aswell. :)

What exactly was this tinkering the manager did? I saw 451 before and after half time just a far better attitude.

he started with Craig in a midfield 3 with Chris and Hasselbank wide. He then moved Crig wide and brough chris inside to play along side Murray and Cregg.

Hasselbank started playing more up front after the sending off, if you notice at their goal he was just on the halfway line, where as prior to taht he would have been tracking back.

If they send off every player for that then fine but I bet there were a number who got off with a lot more than that during the last 2 weeks.

Did you honestly think it was a sending off? handbags and nothing more.

There were a few decisions over the weekend that should have resulted in red cards. David templeton kicked out and probably should have been red carded. If you lash out in the direction of a player's head there will only be one outcome.

A push you'll get away with probably but Tade's looked more like a prett poor punch!

Did anyone see Steven Thompson's non-red card for St Mirren against Dundee?

Infuriating when you compare it to Dave Mackay's red card against Hearts last season. Mackay was given a second yellow for catching an opponent as he cleared a ball over his head - he couldn't have seen the guy coming.

Thompson booted the Dundee player in the chest - a player he could see coming - and could really have hurt the guy, but stayed on.

Zero consistency.

Did anyone see Steven Thompson's non-red card for St Mirren against Dundee?

Infuriating when you compare it to Dave Mackay's red card against Hearts last season. Mackay was given a second yellow for catching an opponent as he cleared a ball over his head - he couldn't have seen the guy coming.

Thompson booted the Dundee player in the chest - a player he could see coming - and could really have hurt the guy, but stayed on.

Zero consistency.

Ah well, it's part of what makes the game so interesting. :laugh:

The serious side is that these decisions or non-decisions can affect league position and cup progress. :evil: