Division 3 is good enough for a Scotland call up

Havana Saint

Don't like to say "I told you so" but I have done a few times before on here, Levein is a complete clown of a manager, yet when I've said that in the past on here, some posters have backed him, says it all really :roll:

Mainly ODAB. I thought old firm fans like him & you were not interested in Scotland.

Hmm. I may be wrong but wasn't Levein one of those calling for them to admitted to the SPL anyway. Maybe it's him forcing home a point to Scottish football fans in general. I'm still going to pick players that play in blue shirts sporting the correct badge no matter what Div they play in, or how capable they are. Or maybe he's another one of those with the strange handshake that seem to permeate Scottish society.

Whatever the reason it's yet another reason for me to focus my attentions away from the game north of the border where the Administrating bodies are clearly at best incompetant and at worst corrupt.

Don't like to say "I told you so" but I have done a few times before on here, Levein is a complete clown of a manager, yet when I've said that in the past on here, some posters have backed him, says it all really :roll:

are ye a scotland fan or are ye just sticking yer oar in as usual.i do agree with yer sentiments towards levein though.hes a complete imbecile .

Surely Murray Davidson deserves a call up more than Black??

We renewed our SFA memberships this year, but haven't yet bought any tickets. Doubt we will bother now. Shame, I always enjoyed going to Hampden. Just not that interested anymore.

Edited by duncan08

Extract from BBC article

When announcing his initial squad last week, manager Craig Levein was quizzed on the exclusion of Black's Ibrox team-mate Lee Wallace, who has played for Scotland on six occasions.

"It is very difficult for anyone playing in the Third Division in Scotland to be up to the speed of an international match," was his reply.

Extract from BBC article

When announcing his initial squad last week, manager Craig Levein was quizzed on the exclusion of Black's Ibrox team-mate Lee Wallace, who has played for Scotland on six occasions.

"It is very difficult for anyone playing in the Third Division in Scotland to be up to the speed of an international match," was his reply.

how do you feel that the sfa are letting mackay stevens and russell pull out of the under21 squad? clearly because of the derby next week and levein will make sure that nothing is said about it.

have also heard that dundee united are using the sfa chief scout as their own scout despite his salary being paid by the sfa. he watched their new polish keeper and the sfa paid for it.

how do you feel that the sfa are letting mackay stevens and russell pull out of the under21 squad? clearly because of the derby next week and levein will make sure that nothing is said about it.

have also heard that dundee united are using the sfa chief scout as their own scout despite his salary being paid by the sfa. he watched their new polish keeper and the sfa paid for it.

It's ridiculous but what can you do?

Black was supposed to be getting a cap against USA but didn't due to injury apparently, so its not just because he plays for Sevco that he is getting a call up now.

Not defending the decision before anyone jumps on me. I have been one of Levein's supporters but this sort of thing does make me question why! Just hope he sees sense before the qualifiers.

Levein could win back my support if he would sort out the Steven Fletcher fiasco. But he's rapidly losing it. 4-6-0, no S Fletcher and now division 3 players called up a week after he said he wouldn't play guys in that league.

Whereas he'd lose my support if he caved into that big headed prick!

surely blooding someone who is actually going to make a difference during the next two year qualifying would have made sense. Black last season for hearts ok i would understand. But black at rangers in the lowest division is not competition our national players should be used to. There ought to be other midfielders that would be suited with the view of picking them in the next 2 years! I want to see the best players playing for Scotland. Black in 6 months will not be competitively fit for the international stage!

Edited by Dave H

Whereas he'd lose my support if he caved into that big headed prick!

I think I missed what he did in the first place, but to avoid the thread going off topic lets ignore that for now.

This is a guy who is being rated at 12m and is one of the only Scottish players that knows where the goal is. We should be bulldozing forests and moving mountains to get this guy back in the squad.

Scotland, IMO, should have the best 11 on the park, irrespective of race, religion, who they support, whether they are a d***, or what division they play in.

If Black is one of the best midfielders in Scotland he should be in the squad... the problem is he isn't, and therefore shouldn't be anywhere bloody near it.

4-6-0

this was a disgrace,to put a scottish team out like this smacks of defeatism and thats before a ball is even kicked.this is not a scottish trait,we might lose but we fight and hold our heads high.i don't get this t*** levein ,the best kind of defence is attack.he should go IDIOT.