Saints v Aberdeen 18/08/12

AS Delia was once heard to cry, " Right then, lets be 'aving you"

First home SPL game of the season against the Dons, who so far in two games have fired a blank.. Looks like they will bring a good support and I am obviously hoping given our promoting of the game, that we bring a big support. That's for the other thread though..

Team wise I suspect Beattie will get a start ( lets hope he does not make it a hat-trick of red cards for the centre forward:shock:)

Team wise I would pretty much go with the same starting 11 as the Well game but with Beattie replacing the suspended Vine.

We need to start this one like we have started the 2nd halves in the first two games..

Lets get right behind the guys from the get go and lets cheer them on to three points..

COYS...:D

Will be good to see a change in formation back to 4.4.2 :) hope MDavidson is recovered from that meaty bone on bone challenge at Firpark. Not often you see him needing treatment! Must of been sore one. I am confident and predict a 3.1 home win. We are creating and this game we will convert

Mannus

Mackay Ando Wright Davidson

Millar Cregg Muzz Craig

Hasselbank Beattie

subs-Tuffey Miller Moon Higgins May Caddis Moffat

Can't really argue with this line up. No reason not to go 2 up front, at home against a team we should be looking to beat. Don't know how fit Beattie is, but hope he starts, even for the first half/60mins

442 will see us win this game. We need to stop giving other respect and that needs to start with lomas setting the team out in the correct way.

Looking forward to it.

Hope SL is learning about when to sub and who to sub as it can be embarrassing as we will end up with no strikers left.

We simply have to go at the dons from kick off. 442 with beattie and nigel up top should win us the game. Cannot afford to be content with a draw and we need to be more clinical. Aberdeen will bring at least 1500 down so hopefully we get a good turnout for the BandW home day. COYS

i feel we have to go with 2 up an attack tho that would probably mean removing Midgie from the middle where he played well against Motherwell. The other dedcision is does Beattie come straight in or do May/Higgins get the nod they've been waiting for?

some big choices for Lomas

Would go with that but have Millar for Cregg if we had another option for right midfield.

I would put Hasselbaink on the right wing and May alongside Beattie. My reasoning is that I'd like to see a team with a bit of pace attacking from the wings and not just through the centre.

Hasselbaink might not be so good at tracking back as Millar but the Dons' left back and left midfield might think twice about bombing forward if they feel they are leaving Hasselbaink free to whip a cross in for Beattie.

Has to be 4-4-2. Up and at em!