Saints v Aberdeen 18/08/12

Felt sorry for Higgins...never in a million years should we have had him up on his own and then thumped the ball up to him to win the header. If you were going to keep with that, then at least Adams would have had some physical presence.

As many have said, the formation was plainly not working...but we kept with it for some strange reason. The no. 20 for Aberdeen was given far, far too much space ...we were lucky they only scored two. The marking at Vernon's offside header was shocking.

Worst Saints performance for years. There was no fight or leadership and likewise no direction from Lomas, simply has to go.

Worst of all was the bad message it sent out to anyone who weas convinced to come along to watch as part of the BBWHD, it'll be hard to get any of them back!

Taxi for Lomas...

I've been worried about Lomas from the start and unfortunately this performance has convinced me that no matter how much time we give him, he is simply not up to the job.

Aberdeen have really strengthend under Craig Brown over the last couple of seasons. Rae, Reynolds, Anderson, Naysmith, Osbourne, Hayes and Hughes are all good quality players.

It was really the story of how you should/shouldn't play one man upfront.

By playing Craig and Hasselbaink on the opposite wings, Lomas was obviously hoping that both players would cut inside and link up with the small Higgins. Going wide and trying to whip balls in was obviously not going to work. Unfortunately we don't have the quality of players on the park to start playing them in unfamiliar positions. At no point did any of our central midfield give Higgins any support what-so-ever. With the exception of Moon and Millar(at times) we don't have a player in our squad that seems comfortable on the ball now Morris has gone. That will hurt us this season unless Moon or Millar can be given more game time in the middle of the park. Higgins was isolated the whole game. I felt sorry for him actually, he seemed to be getting alot of stick but Lomas hung him out to dry. What was he ever going to do with long balls to him against Anderson and Considine? Whether Higgins is SPL quality or not, I'm unsure but I think the best chance he has is playing slightly behind another striker. He seemed to link up well with Vine against Bristol.

On the other hand Aberdeen had a tall lad who was complete hand full, supported by two quick and tricky wingers that would be happy to go inside or out. Stephen Hughes (my mom) was excellent at playing behind the front man. He was there for knock downs, supported the wingers for a one-two when needed and linked play between defence and attack brillaintly. With all due respect Murray Davidson simply doesn't have that in his locker and as such shouldn't be expected to be the one further forward, he's a battler yes, but our midfield will always struggle to link with our attack if that is his role.

Lomas should of had Hughes tighter marked by Cregg- a player I really can't make my mind up on.

May was put in a position he was never going to influence the game.

As the game went on Lomas continued to make strange decisions, and getting a goal simply flattered us.

I've been worried about Lomas from the start and unfortunately this performance has convinced me that no matter how much time we give him, he is simply not up to the job.

Aberdeen have really strengthend under Craig Brown over the last couple of seasons. Rae, Reynolds, Anderson, Naysmith, Osbourne, Hayes and Hughes are all good quality players.

It was really the story of how you should/shouldn't play one man upfront.

By playing Craig and Hasselbaink on the opposite wings, Lomas was obviously hoping that both players would cut inside and link up with the small Higgins. Going wide and trying to whip balls in was obviously not going to work. Unfortunately we don't have the quality of players on the park to start playing them in unfamiliar positions. At no point did any of our central midfield give Higgins any support what-so-ever. With the exception of Moon and Millar(at times) we don't have a player in our squad that seems comfortable on the ball now Morris has gone. That will hurt us this season unless Moon or Millar can be given more game time in the middle of the park. Higgins was isolated the whole game. I felt sorry for him actually, he seemed to be getting alot of stick but Lomas hung him out to dry. What was he ever going to do with long balls to him against Anderson and Considine? Whether Higgins is SPL quality or not, I'm unsure but I think the best chance he has is playing slightly behind another striker. He seemed to link up well with Vine against Bristol.

On the other hand Aberdeen had a tall lad who was complete hand full, supported by two quick and tricky wingers that would be happy to go inside or out. Stephen Hughes (my mom) was excellent at playing behind the front man. He was there for knock downs, supported the wingers for a one-two when needed and linked play between defence and attack brillaintly. With all due respect Murray Davidson simply doesn't have that in his locker and as such shouldn't be expected to be the one further forward, he's a battler yes, but our midfield will always struggle to link with our attack if that is his role.

Lomas should of had Hughes tighter marked by Cregg- a player I really can't make my mind up on.

May was put in a position he was never going to influence the game.

As the game went on Lomas continued to make strange decisions, and getting a goal simply flattered us.

Have to agree with most of that.Still think Higgens should be loaned out to make room for A N Other. He is probably better playing in the position that Lomas has Muzz playing unsuccessfully this season.

Mooner as you say along with Millar are the only players in the squad that can see a run or a pass but he hasn`t even been in the squad this season.

Never thought I would see a Craig Brown team playing attacking football but they were a joy to watch. They had a target man but never played the long ball all game but he was a target man when the crosses came in & had 2 goals chalked off which I thought may have been onside.

Saints midfield were too deep & Rae was given room to control thegame.

Fraser is either carrying an injury or now past it as he left 2 balls for Mannus at Tynie that he should have dealt with & he did the same yesterday.

Dave McKay looks like he is in the same boat he just can`t deal with a speedy tricky winger if Templeton & Fraser who probably did better than McGinn would have.

They were both clearly offside.

Are you using your administrators privilege to tell lies?

Not by any stretch of the imagination was the 2nd one clearly offside. In fact, it wasnt offside at all.

If you care to spend the time and analyse the move then you will see that it was,in fact, clearly onside.

Check it out before making rash statements.

For what its worth, that was the poorest St Johnstone team that ive seen for a long,long time. I said after maybe 2 months that Lomas wasnt a manager and ive seen nothing to convince me otherwise. A long, hard season beckons methinks.

Aberdeen were good though, the young lad ripped us to shreds and the highlights didnt really reflect the game, they should have murdered us.

We need more up front, we need more basic defending at the back and we need a keeper who can communicate, we dont have this currently.

Are you using your administrators privilege to tell lies?

Not by any stretch of the imagination was the 2nd one clearly offside. In fact, it wasnt offside at all.

If you care to spend the time and analyse the move then you will see that it was,in fact, clearly onside.

Check it out before making rash statements.

For what its worth, that was the poorest St Johnstone team that ive seen for a long,long time. I said after maybe 2 months that Lomas wasnt a manager and ive seen nothing to convince me otherwise. A long, hard season beckons methinks.

Aberdeen were good though, the young lad ripped us to shreds and the highlights didnt really reflect the game, they should have murdered us.

We need more up front, we need more basic defending at the back and we need a keeper who can communicate, we dont have this currently.

No, I'm using my two eyes and the fact I was sitting directly in line with it to give the opinion that I felt, watching it in real time, that he was offside. I felt it was the clearer of the two offside decisions based on wht I saw. I haven't yet seen the replays because I have absolutely no desire, as yet, to relive an utterly disgraceful 90 minutes.

Your tone is awful.

I believe after the eses home game a thread was started about gary millers supposed poor performance. Well the way dave mackay has been playing the first three games there should be a campaign or a protest!!!! He has been beyond terrible showing no fight or passion and quite frankly i think its a disgrace he has the captains armband. He isnt leading by example or seem to the most vocal so very strange . Captain should be callum davidson due to the respect hes earned or murray cos he leads by example . No doubt il get pelters for this because i criticised the golden boy but i think our fans need to open there eyes instead of constantly hating on chrissy millar or other less loved players.

I believe after the eses home game a thread was started about gary millers supposed poor performance. Well the way dave mackay has been playing the first three games there should be a campaign or a protest!!!! He has been beyond terrible showing no fight or passion and quite frankly i think its a disgrace he has the captains armband. He isnt leading by example or seem to the most vocal so very strange . Captain should be callum davidson due to the respect hes earned or murray cos he leads by example . No doubt il get pelters for this because i criticised the golden boy but i think our fans need to open there eyes instead of constantly hating on chrissy millar or other less loved players.

not been to the away games but definately agree on saturdays game . All this doom and gloom is starting to sound like a post match lomas interview though !. . . Lets get into hibs from the first minute and absolutely pulverise the feckers .

No, I'm using my two eyes and the fact I was sitting directly in line with it to give the opinion that I felt, watching it in real time, that he was offside. I felt it was the clearer of the two offside decisions based on wht I saw. I haven't yet seen the replays because I have absolutely no desire, as yet, to relive an utterly disgraceful 90 minutes.

Your tone is awful.

#

My tone may be awful but its clearly not as bad as your eyesight.

I thought at the time that it was onside and having seen the replays and even troubled myself to slow them down and watch them i am 100% positive that it was onside, absolutely no question about it.

Thanks for your frankness though.

MacKay is leading a demoralised team, it's not up to him to do the managers job.

There were occasions yesterday where he had possesion and looked up to find no players ahead of him, meanwhile the man with the folded arms in yhe dugout stood and looked on. The bench doesn't help much either - WTF do hangers on like Tommy Campbell bring to the party?

MacKay has been a fantastic signing and servant to the club, and we don't go from wanting a team of Dave Mackays to a poor performer in such a short space of time.

Let's get Dave playing to his best again with someone who knows how to motivate and manage, Taxi for Lomas...

#

My tone may be awful but its clearly not as bad as your eyesight.

I thought at the time that it was onside and having seen the replays and even troubled myself to slow them down and watch them i am 100% positive that it was onside, absolutely no question about it.

Thanks for your frankness though.

0.jpg

MacKay is leading a demoralised team, it's not up to him to do the managers job.

There were occasions yesterday where he had possesion and looked up to find no players ahead of him, meanwhile the man with the folded arms in yhe dugout stood and looked on. The bench doesn't help much either - WTF do hangers on like Tommy Campbell bring to the party?

MacKay has been a fantastic signing and servant to the club, and we don't go from wanting a team of Dave Mackays to a poor performer in such a short space of time.

Let's get Dave playing to his best again with someone who knows how to motivate and manage, Taxi for Lomas...

thought is was captains job to motivate his team on the park if not taxi for captains armband... ps were all the players behind him when he looked up