Probably...goodbye

SingaporeSaint

Perhaps if you didn't write "Gay forum for this pish" after every post you don't like the look of we wouldn't have to delete stuff and send you messages asking you to stop.

Dev PM'd you asking you to desist from posting such things. There is no totalitarianism here - as we constantly say it is a rare thing that we ban anyone - and all we ask is you show some basic courtesy to other forum users and the mods who give up their time for nothing to run this site for your benefit.

Lets be honest the constant '********* thread for this pash' got tiresome.

If you have a problem with a thread, or post, report it to the Moderators. Thats what they're there for.

However I don't think its worthy of a complete ban. Maybe a forum ASBO!

Look forward to arguing with you in the fututre SS!!!

JB posted virtually the same reply about 5 seconds before. Damn you wi your ultra fast 20 words a minute Beatson!

Edited by Das Rave

Perhaps if you didn't write "Gay forum for this pish" after every post you don't like the look of we wouldn't have to delete stuff and send you messages asking you to stop.

Dev PM'd you asking you to desist from posting such things. There is no totalitarianism here - as we constantly say it is a rare thing that we ban anyone - and all we ask is you show some basic courtesy to other forum users and the mods who give up their time for nothing to run this site for your benefit.

Just very surprised you pick on me considering a lot of things that get posted on here. I am Dev Alahan I am..f##k off

Just so you know, I have been threatened with being punted off by a mod. Mr Dev Alahan I am......long term posters will remember him as being the most disruptive poster of his time...if I disappear overnight...thank most of you for the laughs I have had posting and reading.

A ban would be to much, a simple flogging in my opinion would suffice In public on the North Inch would do!!Could charge a quid a skull and put the money to the Sailors benevolent fund.Or just tar and feather the greetin faced auld chunt!

P.S Save the Sailor-He's no that bad really is he?!!!

it was one thread and jokingly aimed at Yul Brunner, who if he is upset, will approach me in a manly manner

It must have been more than one as I deleted one the other day before we moved forum.

Dev may have posted stupid stuff in the past (I believe we are talking upwards of seven years ago, before this forum existed in its current incarnation) - but he gave that up and ploughed his time, money and effort into helping make this forum work.

No-one is "picking" on you. Just because you received a warning PM doesn't mean you are the only one who ever has. Lots of posts get deleted, and if a particular poster has to have stuff deleted on several occasions we generally PM them asking not to. That is what happened here.

Also, by my calculations I reckon you've posted this on at least SEVEN separate threads. Any need for that?

I'm pretty much sick to the back teeth of having to explain every single moderating decision made on this forum.

it was one thread and jokingly aimed at Yul Brunner, who if he is upset, will approach me in a manly manner

I take it Yul Brunner is me?? I am unoffendable :laugh: I do like the idea of a forum asbo though. :laugh: . I think you all need to chill frankly. Mind you SS, you need to give Beatson a break. The lad tries his best to run a happy(ish ) ship. I don't know Dev and since I joined he hasnae posted much but if you and he have difficulties I will be delighted to mediate.

And I think you might be over-reacting just a teeny weeny wee bit re getting a warning as well. Loads of folk get warnings, hell it's a badge of honour over on the shite pit that is P&B..If you really want to be out there on the edge, you get yourself a two day ban.

Now stop worryimng and get posting but remember, nae *** remarks and nae ******* Forum for this ******.. Get some new patter :laugh:

I take it Yul Brunner is me?? I am unoffendable I do like the idea of a forum asbo though. . I think you all need to chill frankly. Mind you SS, you need to give Beatson a break. The lad tries his best to run a happy(ish ) ship. I don't know Dev and since I joined he hasnae posted much but if you and he have difficulties I will be delighted to mediate.

And I think you might be over-reacting just a teeny weeny wee bit re getting a warning as well. Loads of folk get warnings, hell it's a badge of honour over on the shite pit that is P&B..If you really want to be out there on the edge, you get yourself a two day ban.

Now stop worryimng and get posting but remember, nae *** remarks and nae ******* Forum for this ******.. Get some new patter

F#cking warning... never mind the maginificent seven, ive been David Watts all my life :wink:

Just so you know, I have been threatened with being punted off by a mod. Mr Dev Alahan I am......long term posters will remember him as being the most disruptive poster of his time...if I disappear overnight...thank most of you for the laughs I have had posting and reading.

Should this be in Saints chat?

I've unlocked this thread again - I need to respond to this as it is factually incorrect.

I actually didn't threaten you with a ban, nowhere in the PM I sent you did it say that! I didn't even give you a formal warning using the forum warning system, I just asked you to stop this "Forum X for this pish" nonsense, particularly regarding the twice that you've posted "Gay forum for this pish". I don't think that's acceptable, that's just casual homophobia and it isn't necessary. So in fact, I've given you plenty of leeway on this, it was a polite request not to continue with certain posts that other users have found irritating.

On a different note, if you keep telling me to eff off then I don't see what option the moderators have except to put a ban in place. I'll leave that up to others as it's nothing personal for me.

You have always had a personal issue with my postings way back in around 2003-2005 which I feel is completely irrelevant now. Perhaps now that time has passed I regret that phase a bit, but since then I've moved on and spent a great deal of time as a Site Admin working to keep this forum running. Why don't you let it go?

It's up to you really, you can take my polite, private request not to make certain posts that people have found irritating or you can tell me to eff off a few more times and make yourself a martyr over nothing.

If you get punted I will stop posting, and hopefully many more would come out in support for you. I don't know you SS but you are far from being an objectionable poster,and think this threat stinks of totalitarianism

Dave, I hope that you read what I've written above and understand that there is no totalitarianism. No-one is threatening anyone, least of all me, I just asked him to refrain from making a particular type of objectionable post. Nothing more.

I haven't been on for a couple of days, and what happens..... I think there has been more controversial and offensive posts on here.. I do sympathise with the mods also.

I think banning SS Is a bit severe, tell him off yes, he likes a good telling off. :-)

If you ban him, it will just open a can of worms..

I haven't been on for a couple of days, and what happens..... I think there has been more controversial and offensive posts on here.. I do sympathise with the mods also.

I think banning SS Is a bit severe, tell him off yes, he likes a good telling off. :-)

If you ban him, it will just open a can of worms..

He hasn't been threatened with a ban though.