Jody Morris - How Good Is He?

Greenun

Hi Saintees,

Its Mark Tovey from way down south in overcast Bristol.

I'd be delighted if you can please give me an overview of BCFC's recent signing and former Saintee, Jody Morris.

How did he perform in the SPL last season? What are his strengths and weaknesses? And do you think he'll make a positive impact at Ashton Gate and help us dominate midfield in 2012/13?

Good luck in the SPL this season.

Kind regards,

Mark

Good at keeping possesson and a calming influence at times,but i'm not too sure he'll have the legs for the champonship.For a nice 7 figure cheque you can have any 1 of Liam Craig,Chris Millar or Murray Davidson,all of who would be a more youthful addition at Ashton Gate.Hope Del and Doc do well for you this season.

Just to give you an update on wee Jody.

He hasn't started a game for us yet but appears to be very much Del's 'lieutenant' amongst the players.

Whatever Del. Doc and Jody are doing, I hope they carry on doing it as we were superb on Tuesday with two new strikers waiting in the wings (Steven Davies for £3/4M and Sam Baldock for £1.8M).

A small matter of a Severnside derby tomorrow against those nasty Welsh hoodlums to look forward to which will give us a decent yardstick of where we are atm.

I don't know if it's typical Del but our lot look very lean, very fit and are pressing all over the park. It's lovely to watch TBH as he has definitely changed our style over the summer.

Good luck Saints and love the new look.

U REDS

He hasn't started a game for us yet but appears to be very much Del's 'lieutenant' amongst the players.

Whatever Del. Doc and Jody are doing, I hope they carry on doing it as we were superb on Tuesday with two new strikers waiting in the wings (Steven Davies for £3/4M and Sam Baldock for £1.8M).

A small matter of a Severnside derby tomorrow against those nasty Welsh hoodlums to look forward to which will give us a decent yardstick of where we are atm.

I don't know if it's typical Del but our lot look very lean, very fit and are pressing all over the park. It's lovely to watch TBH as he has definitely changed our style over the summer.

U REDS

Yeah, great result for you guys on the back of the Forrest defeat.. All the best for the rest..

Ghostie.

U REDS

Was on otib during the midweek win,and fans seemed really positive,although some questioned starting eleven.Hope you push on this season and hoping to travel to watch City,whether at Ashton Gate or one nearer God's country :wink:

They're were as many glad to see the back of him.

Even folk on this thread still saying the reasons why they thought so.

He wanted closer to the south, not once did I hear him say he wanted to stay, even now he is away he has never came out with his desire to stay.

Pish from you again Scott.

The whole time he was in Perth he said he enjoyed his time here(and it showed) but that was under McInnes,the only reason he came to Saints in the first place.

Its no surprise Bristol are doing so well.

The whole time he was in Perth he said he enjoyed his time here(and it showed) but that was under McInnes,the only reason he came to Saints in the first place.

Ain't denying he enjoyed his time here. I am saying he has never stated he wished to stay. Or has done since. He always wanted to move closer to the south.

Yeah city have done well, no denying that.

City doing well ? He has played little in that , he was on the downward slide at saints , we move on .