Lomas Tenure Up?

St Mikey

With us already failing to win in 11 competitive games, 9 in the league, now an Aberdeen goal against a 4-5-1 at home, how long is his spell going to last?

Good luck or bad luck, it could be 12 without a win and 10 in the league. That is sacking material in any clubs thoughts.

Hope I'm wrong come 4:50pm but I can't see any improvements.

With us already failing to win in 11 competitive games, 9 in the league, now an Aberdeen goal against a 4-5-1 at home, how long is his spell going to last?

Good luck or bad luck, it could be 12 without a win and 10 in the league. That is sacking material in any clubs thoughts.

Hope I'm wrong come 4:50pm but I can't see any improvements.

When I first read the title of the thread, I couldn't help but think to give Lomas a break. But after reading your post I agree with what you're saying. Even though its only the third game of the season, time is running out for Lomas.

Have to agree i think Lomas can talk good but doesnt have the tactical knowledge to help us. But IF...IF he was to go who would replaced him? no one sticks out to me at the moment.

He doesn't talk a particularly good game. It's hard for me to comment on players and tactics from over here but I do listen to the manager's interviews and he doesn't speak nearly as well as our two previous managers. He's full of cliches and rambling sentences - I don't enjoy listening to him at all.

Oh for McInnes to still be here. :(

I like lomas well I'm warming to him but his inexperience in tactics as opposed to man management is glaring, Stevie I know you read these forums, today was bad and you need to shoulder the blame. Higgins and May aren't SPL players, I know your budgets are nil but we need to look at our scouting for decent players who can move up.

See how the next few games go but my patience is wearing thin

How many more games though Shaggy. My patience wore thin last season and it was confirmed by us playing 4-5-1 v Eses at home when we could've easily had them that night. 12 without a win, excluded Europe at 2 draws and 8 defeats. 2 points from 30 in the last ten games.

Next 3:

hibs away

united home

Celtic home.

The club and job are simply proving too big for his ability. In hindsight it should have been Morris.

I would usually say it's far too early to be talking about this, but I'm in total agreement this time. His strength is clearly in signing decent players by all accounts. His weakness seems to be everything else. He's a hopeless manager, in my opinion, and I have thought this for ages. His tactical incompetence today was beyond contempt.

Trying to find a reason to rebuff this threads title but sadly I cannot. What we saw out there today and what we have seen previously has done nothing to convince me that Steve Lomas is the man for the job. The players have to shoulder some of the blame but frankly they can only do what they are told. Higgins up front on his own , first home game of the SPL season was a disgraceful decision by the manager. He can site injuries and suspensions all he wants but it won't wash with me I am afraid.

Our team today had no shape, could not string more than 4 passes together and looked lost from the very start. And while all this was going on, Lomas in the dugout, had the look of a man who had no idea how to fix it. Some one said to me he looked just like John Connolly today and again, I have to agree.

For me, the next two games against Hibs and Dundee utd are his last chance. If by the end of the Utd game we are still without a win then I think he has to go.

I am lead to believe there are other on going issues which might hasten his departure. I won't post what I have been told these issues are on the forum, but should they be true ( The person who told me is not someone who is connected to the club) then he needs to go..

All in all things are not good which saddens me greatly but hey ho, St.johnstone are forever, managers ( and players) are merely passing through..

How many more games though Shaggy. My patience wore thin last season and it was confirmed by us playing 4-5-1 v Eses at home when we could've easily had them that night. 12 without a win, excluded Europe at 2 draws and 8 defeats. 2 points from 30 in the last ten games.

Next 3:

hibs away

united home

Celtic home.

The club and job are simply proving too big for his ability. In hindsight it should have been Morris.

Hard games and not confident about them at all. Prepaired to see how we do against St mirren, ict, Dundee etc as this is looking our level. Plus wait and see when strikers are not suspended and he may play 2 up front.....but by then we could be in the brown stuff

I like lomas well I'm warming to him but his inexperience in tactics as opposed to man management is glaring, Stevie I know you read these forums, today was bad and you need to shoulder the blame. Higgins and May aren't SPL players, I know your budgets are nil but we need to look at our scouting for decent players who can move up.

Firstly - Higgins and May surely aren't his preferred Striking options. We had three missing today in Tade, Beattie and Vine. They are SPL players, it is not like Lomas picked today's team ahead of them.

Secondly - Higgins was one of the few Saints players giving it his all, he did plenty of good chest-downs and lay-offs, and unlike other Saints players was verging on impressive. May also looked good-ish, he definitely offers us something unique and unpredictable, even though it is sometimes perhaps lacking in class.

I agree Lomas is lost though. We started the second half with 1 up front, Hasselbaink in holding midfield, and Gary Miller at right wing. Extra-bloody-ordinary.

I'm really worried about the team just now. If we lose to Hibs then his position really has to be reconsidered. With United and Celtic afterwards things could get messy, I could really see us shipping 6-8 goals in those 2 games the way he has us playing...if you could call it that.

His inability to change tactics mid-game is mindboggling, playing Higgins up front on his own and punting long balls to him for 90 minutes just isn't acceptable at this level of football.

Two sendings off in two games shows a lack of discipline amongst the squad.

The only thing Lomas seems good at is spending the clubs money and talking up the opposition while making us sound like relegation contenders.

Firstly - Higgins and May surely aren't his preferred Striking options. We had three missing today in Tade, Beattie and Vine. They are SPL players, it is not like Lomas picked today's team ahead of them.

Secondly - Higgins was one of the few Saints players giving it his all, he did plenty of good chest-downs and lay-offs, and unlike other Saints players was verging on impressive. May also looked good-ish, he definitely offers us something unique and unpredictable, even though it is sometimes perhaps lacking in class.

I agree Lomas is lost though. We started the second half with 1 up front, Hasselbaink in holding midfield, and Gary Miller at right wing. Extra-bloody-ordinary.

Higgins was pish , may was pish . Although playing high balls to higgins was never going to work , his positional play for a lone striker was shocking . lomas got the basics in management wrong today and the players got the basics in playing football wrong today . worst i have seen in years .