Lomas Tenure Up?

St Mikey

They were.

And again, no denying that but then funny doesn't really wash with those who have spoken to the admin about the posts being made on here, does it? Surely there should be an element of respect for the two guys that fund this forum with their own cash and who give up their own time to run it for you to post on? They've asked you not to post this stuff about Lomas and playing with words doesn't mean your posts weren't doing that.

And again, no denying that but then funny doesn't really wash with those who have spoken to the admin about the posts being made on here, does it? Surely there should be an element of respect for the two guys that fund this forum with their own cash and who give up their own time to run it for you to post on? They've asked you not to post this stuff about Lomas and playing with words doesn't mean your posts weren't doing that.

Point taken.

I've read the pm's from p&b. Noticed that the thread has been removed or moved.

No big deal really, and nothing anyone couldn't imagine based on what is common knowledge around Perth.

Until substantiated/confirmed and/or action is taken we will just have to wait and see what, if anything, transpires.

Also best not to fuel the rumours further with speculation and get the guys who do a great job running this site into potential trouble.

Don't think I've said anything out of turn there, particularly as I have mentioned no names, indiscretions, rumours, allegations or anything of a similar nature.

If I have done something wrong then I apologise in advance and shall accept any rebuke that comes my way. :razz:

I've read the pm's from p&b. Noticed that the thread has been removed or moved.

Site admin over there have been contacted by someone representing someone who is concerned about the nature of some posts on the thread in question.

I don't think it's necessary to close or delete this thread as there are questions over his future for footballing reasons and even if folk aren't allowed to mention/discuss off the field stuff, there is speculation that it exists too and that is obviously a big issue as well.

I appreciated that all the posts deleted were made in a light-hearted manner and no one wants to have to start closing threads or warning posters etc... That's especially the case on a forum where we are all (most of us anyway) Saints fans. Admin or other mods may disagree but I've no problem with the thread continuing to run.

Do you think it's standard practice for players/managers to read forums and perhaps even participate in them?

Who knows? It would however be remise of any business that had such ready access to their customers' feedback not to take a keen interest in a resource such as this. Make no mistake that "someone" will certainly be pouring over the rubbish that we all spout from time to time.

The Aberdeen game was a complete and utter shambles! Our attitude, discipline, desire and general tactics in recent times, are appalling, the games since least seasons split have definitely been some of the worst we've played since we've played since promotion!! It doesn't bode too well for the season ahead.

Granted, without a doubt, the suspensions and injuries leading up too, and during the first half on Saturday left us at a severe disadvantage, but the lack of fight, will to win and organisation were plain too see. This is what really worries me. And, I could accept some of Lomas's tactical ineptitude, knowing that as this is his first full managers job, this would be the case and a learning curve for him is understandable. But the complete lacklustre-ness, care for the team, self bickering and what can only be described as completely barmy subsitutions and formations, are un-forgivable.

Lomas's attitudes during interviews, reports and most importantly games has drastically changed since he first came to the club. I like a manager who during game, stands on the byline, shouts constantly to his team, gets stuck in too them, wills them on and makes every kick and tackle with them, Lomas used to be, he now just cuts a quite forlorn figure in the dugout, like he has completely gone past the point of caring!! Now having heard certain rumours of 'disharmony' at the club for a good few weeks now, (although not exactly what, so if anyone wants to fill me in... PM ;)) and it would appear weather true or not, these rumours have and are continuing to affect the Manager and Players. This is exactly not what we need just now, when embarking on what could have had the potential, for the first time in our history, to be a season where we Qualified for the champions league!! Now i am, more than most one for giving managers a decent amount of time, i think you cant get anything from a manager in just 1 to 2 seasons, let alone just a half, but if something really is going on that is affecting the teams morale, and on the pitch results, as well as the integrity of the club, then something really has to be done swiftly to stop this. Weather making a public announcement firmly denying any rumours, and supporting the manager, or if needed, dismiss him. COYS

The Aberdeen game was a complete and utter shambles! Our attitude, discipline, desire and general tactics in recent times, are appalling, the games since least seasons split have definitely been some of the worst we've played since we've played since promotion!! It doesn't bode too well for the season ahead.

Granted, without a doubt, the suspensions and injuries leading up too, and during the first half on Saturday left us at a severe disadvantage, but the lack of fight, will to win and organisation were plain too see. This is what really worries me. And, I could accept some of Lomas's tactical ineptitude, knowing that as this is his first full managers job, this would be the case and a learning curve for him is understandable. But the complete lacklustre-ness, care for the team, self bickering and what can only be described as completely barmy subsitutions and formations, are un-forgivable.

Lomas's attitudes during interviews, reports and most importantly games has drastically changed since he first came to the club. I like a manager who during game, stands on the byline, shouts constantly to his team, gets stuck in too them, wills them on and makes every kick and tackle with them, Lomas used to be, he now just cuts a quite forlorn figure in the dugout, like he has completely gone past the point of caring!! Now having heard certain rumours of 'disharmony' at the club for a good few weeks now, (although not exactly what, so if anyone wants to fill me in... PM ;)) and it would appear weather true or not, these rumours have and are continuing to affect the Manager and Players. This is exactly not what we need just now, when embarking on what could have had the potential, for the first time in our history, to be a season where we Qualified for the champions league!! Now i am, more than most one for giving managers a decent amount of time, i think you cant get anything from a manager in just 1 to 2 seasons, let alone just a half, but if something really is going on that is affecting the teams morale, and on the pitch results, as well as the integrity of the club, then something really has to be done swiftly to stop this. Weather making a public announcement firmly denying any rumours, and supporting the manager, or if needed, dismiss him. COYS

We'd have to win the league to get into champions league this term,as only winners qualify,2nd and 3rd and cup winners are in europa league.I agree a club statement would help clarify it's position on SL's job,and to be a pedant,it's the shy line he's to stand at:)

Edited by dave mc

If a hypothetical situation (allegedly) existed at a hypothetical football club involving a hypothetical football club manager, and, the hypothetical football club had difficulty dealing with the hypothetical situation whereby you could allege that hypothetically the hypothetical football club could allegedly tolerate a series of bad form to allow them to dismiss the hypothetical football club manager to save them dealing with the (alleged) hypothetical situation that would be absurd and couldn’t possibly happen could it?

If a hypothetical situation (allegedly) existed at a hypothetical football club involving a hypothetical football club manager, and, the hypothetical football club had difficulty dealing with the hypothetical situation whereby you could allege that hypothetically the hypothetical football club could allegedly tolerate a series of bad form to allow them to dismiss the hypothetical football club manager to save them dealing with the (alleged) hypothetical situation that would be absurd and couldn’t possibly happen could it?

Wellll, hypothetically, i think it could! ;)

We'd have to win the league to get into champions league this term,as only winners qualify,2nd and 3rd and cup winners are in europa league.I agree a club statement would help clarify it's position on SL's job,and to be a pedant,it's the shy line he's to stand at:)

Champions League qualifiers was the what i was meaning, and certainly the financial implications of that game, coupled with a guarantee'd extra Europa qualifier if, in the most likely event of defeat in the CL qualifier, would be immense for the club and would give us a much greater base, financially and inncentive wise to attract better players to the club, which could improve year on year with Sevco/Newco/M&Co being out of the SPL!! Just a dream...

• PaddyPower have pulled the online SPL Manager special.

Probably because they have someone employed to look at all the pish on here and all the uninformed bollocks has convinced them that it is fait au complet. :roll:

No manger should be punted 3 league games into a season, end of story. Changes have been made over the summer and it could all come good in an istant. A quarter of the season would be a much better time to evaluate the position that we are in and take it from there.

Edited by Pop

Probably because they have someone employed to look at all the pish on here and all the uninformed bollocks has convinced them that it is fait au complet. :roll:

No manger should be punted 3 league games into a season, end of story. Changes have been made over the summer and it could all come good in an istant. A quarter of the season would be a much better time to evaluate the position that we are in and take it from there.

Even if something else has happened behind the scenes?

Regardless, sometimes it is best to go with your gut feelings. We have won one of our last 12 games, and no amount of time is going to change our manager's negative attitude. Much rather get someone else in before we lose any more needless points which could prove vital at the end of the season.

Even if something else has happened behind the scenes?

Regardless, sometimes it is best to go with your gut feelings. We have won one of our last 12 games, and no amount of time is going to change our manager's negative attitude. Much rather get someone else in before we lose any more needless points which could prove vital at the end of the season.

Guess it all rests on what Length of contract SL is on -would it be financially wise (for now) to dismiss ?

Secondly who would take the job knowing that if it wasnt turned around in 12 games -they could be punted as well.

I will leave it to Stevie Brown to sort.