Lomas Tenure Up?

St Mikey

It not much of a national news story without photos/cctv footage or mobile phone video. Its not a case of the press being careful at all. If it had been Lennon or McCoist it would be front page, but little old St.Johnstone, little Steve Lomas, in little Perth. Its not enough of a news story.

I remember when the Scotland squad were in St.Andrews for a week training camp. They absolutely ran amok, but i'm told the newspapers werent interested in publishing it without gorey incriminating or lewd photos or more reliable evidence.

Simple eye-witness accounts isnt enough anymore for the red tops.

I was young enough to witness the scotland squad attempting to run amok in Perth ? Kenny Burns got his puss punched at the strand and there was a bit of a scuffell at the Shanghigh later on, none of it made the papers becuase that was not news that was just another saturday night in Perth at the time :laugh:

My memory is fading but i think it was during the home internationals before Argentina 1979 when they were staying at Dunblane Hydro.

Derek Johnstone, was another.

I've kept telling myself that I am not interested in the off field antics (if indeed there are any).However curiosity has got the better of me and living in Dundee I have no chance of hearing anything close to the truth. So can I ask someone to pm me with what is doing the rounds in Perth? Is this what watching Jerremy Kyle is like?

What's the point of asking folk to PM you the rumours? How do you know they are passing on the "genuine" rumour? And how do they know they're not being duped, intentionally or otherwise, by the person up the line from them?

I heard two folk (neither of them SJFC fans) talking about this at work and their rumour was totally different to what I've heard and the point is I've no way of knowing which of the rumours relates to fact, if any.

Whether the "rumour" is true or not, things are not well at the club. Let's consider what we actually know to be true. The General Manager has left. Why has the General Manager left? Why has this not been announced (he merely disappeared off the official site one day)? Something fishy is going on and our club is suffering. Whilst individuals may be suffering too whilst this is going on, all we as fans can do is worry about the club. I for one am extremely concerned.

Edited by Jimmy Wallace

i was at the ground the other day and the staff have been given new jobs and a lot of the work has been shifted around. The number of staff also seems to have reduced a bit,

Things like the stock in the shop and the online shop have been affected by a lack of staff, they now have this sorted and are getting both restocked.

This is a tough time for the club. A poor run of form, (what's the worst run?), possible financial issues down the road. The constant threat of ARMAGEDDON. Mystery, to the fans anyway, disappearance of the GM. Weird rumours about the manager.So what does Steve Brown do? If the rumours are baws, and there is every chance they are total baws then does he speak out and support the manager? Why would he though? Does that not leave Saints open to having to answer any old nonsense that appears on a forum? Or when should a club speak out, I'd hope that my work would support me in bad times.

What is really pissing me off is the folk on here that defend the club at all costs and jumping on folks backs who dare to question the running of the club, the teams performances or any alledged conduct of club employees.

The results have been very poor. The manager is now making excuses. A couple of poor results is understandable. 13???

The club from the outside looks to be run like some soviet state, lack of clarity or info on what is going on.

We all know there is something going on behind the scenes and while it is right that the club shouldn't comment on speculation, it has now got to the level where the clubs silence has allowed folk to let the story grow arms and legs!!

Sort it out saints one way or the other for Fu£k sake!!!

It not much of a national news story without photos/cctv footage or mobile phone video. Its not a case of the press being careful at all. If it had been Lennon or McCoist it would be front page, but little old St.Johnstone, little Steve Lomas, in little Perth. Its not enough of a news story.

I remember when the Scotland squad were in St.Andrews for a week training camp. They absolutely ran amok, but i'm told the newspapers werent interested in publishing it without gorey incriminating or lewd photos or more reliable evidence.

Simple eye-witness accounts isnt enough anymore for the red tops.

Maybe footage does exist ^_^

What's the point of asking folk to PM you the rumours? How do you know they are passing on the "genuine" rumour? And how do they know they're not being duped, intentionally or otherwise, by the person up the line from them?

I heard two folk (neither of them SJFC fans) talking about this at work and their rumour was totally different to what I've heard and the point is I've no way of knowing which of the rumours relates to fact, if any.

Likewise. I was speaking with a few folk i know who came out with the rumours they had heard, which were complete crap from what they actually are. The problem is, as you say, folk will spin a yarn, and folk will believe them which is rather concerning.

What is really pissing me off is the folk on here that defend the club at all costs and jumping on folks backs who dare to question the running of the club, the teams performances or any alledged conduct of club employees.

The results have been very poor. The manager is now making excuses. A couple of poor results is understandable. 13???

The club from the outside looks to be run like some soviet state, lack of clarity or info on what is going on.

We all know there is something going on behind the scenes and while it is right that the club shouldn't comment on speculation, it has now got to the level where the clubs silence has allowed folk to let the story grow arms and legs!!

Sort it out saints one way or the other for Fu£k sake!!!

Hear, hear!

To repeat again for those who haven't been able to stop themselves, despite our pleas.

Do not post any allegations, rumours or hearsay that is currently doing the rounds. Don't allude to anything, don't speculate on the validity of anything, don't ask for information by PM, don't tell us that you have some source or other within the club who says X, Y or Z. Just leave it alone. If possible, stick to comments related to football topics for the time being.

Piles of posts have been removed from this thread and others as they could result in legal issues for the site owners and may jeopardise the future of the forum. We are being watched!

The fact that posts are being removed from here, threads on other sites are being blocked shows that someone is taking something seriously. So somebody within a football club is being affected by this, they couldn't not be. Therefore surely that club should visibly take some action. Or this will rumble on indefinitely causing a lot of harm to a lot of reputations.

To repeat again for those who haven't been able to stop themselves, despite our pleas.

Do not post any allegations, rumours or hearsay that is currently doing the rounds. Don't allude to anything, don't speculate on the validity of anything, don't ask for information by PM, don't tell us that you have some source or other within the club who says X, Y or Z. Just leave it alone. If possible, stick to comments related to football topics for the time being.

Piles of posts have been removed from this thread and others as they could result in legal issues for the site owners and may jeopardise the future of the forum. We are being watched!

Easier said than done Dev. I get your point though. Maybe best to close this thread down to protect the site owners, with an explanation as to why you've had to do so. I think the fact that action is being threatened by "representatives" of someone or other merely adds fuel to the fire and makes me, for one, more convinced there is something in the "rumour/s".

The fact that posts are being removed from here, threads on other sites are being blocked shows that someone is taking something seriously. So somebody within a football club is being affected by this, they couldn't not be. Therefore surely that club should visibly take some action. Or this will rumble on indefinitely causing a lot of harm to a lot of reputations.

Whatever is going down won't happen over night. I'm not speculating towards the legitimacy of the issue but there will be many t's to cross and i's to dot. The club can't pander to the rumours, they'll have to follow the letter of the law.

I do see the irony of constantly talking about one rumour or another rumour then complain that the clubs reputation is in the crap due to everyone talking about rumours. Ehh where do you think they started and have continued to be talked about ??

Also, folks complaining that we should be hearing from the club, a statement or something, When do we ever hear from the club. Never. So nothing has changed. If they have not made statements in the past then they won't do now. No matter what you say.