Lomas Tenure Up?

St Mikey

Much better by the manager and much better by the team. What was different out there today was that everyone gave 100% and everyone played for the team and the manager. Well done Lomas but this needs to be taken forward now.

Much better by the manager and much better by the team. What was different out there today was that everyone gave 100% and everyone played for the team and the manager. Well done Lomas but this needs to be taken forward now.

Were the players playing for the manager or themselves today ?. Also the fact that it wasn`t morgue McD today may have helped.

to be fair to lomas i have said a lot of things against him, but he played a positive team, bringing on millar for muzz was the positive move rather than have adams come on and have two sitting midfield players, he showed passion on the side and the team put in an amazing performance which will make everyone proud to support saints.

give him an extension mr brown....

to be fair to lomas i have said a lot of things against him, but he played a positive team, bringing on millar for muzz was the positive move rather than have adams come on and have two sitting midfield players, he showed passion on the side and the team put in an amazing performance which will make everyone proud to support saints.

give him an extension mr brown....

I may be wrong, but was the substitution not forced due to Muzz being injured / sick and Adams wasn't on the bench

Maybe good fortune as opposed to good judgement?

Incredibly deluded to think that this one result changes things. It does not. (yet) We need to get on a run of games now, starting with a really tricky fixture up north. I still think he is out of his depth, and I don't see him being here come the end of the season.

I dont see many people shouting that we have turned things round and will now finish second in the league. And that is exactly the point. Most of the overreaction comes from those that aren't or haven't been willing to give him an opportunity.

I do find it incredible that a person who has decided that a man should be sacked five games into a season can seriously call anyone incredibly deluded.

Edited by john1962

Before yesterday, I was all set to give Lomas the next five games (County, Dundee, ICT, St Mirren and Killie) to not just maintain a level of performance but pick up points. That was from someone who has been defending his record on here. Not sure yesterday changes too much in that regard, does it? Still need to be looking for a good return from those matches (at least seven points, although I'd be putting a bit more pressure on him and talking about maybe ten) and the Celtic result won't gloss over things if we don't do well in those games.

He did well yesterday. Both him and Wright seemed to give good direction from the bench, the team played well (if still looking a bit more disorganised than we've maybe been used to under McInnes) and he made the right calls at the right time. If he gets things right and the players maintain the level of performance I think we've seen in quite a few matches this season, we can pick up a decent points total over the next few weeks.

Was happier after game on Saturday as we seemed to play the ball on the ground .

In the first half there was an occasion when Mannus had the ball & Miller was in loads of space at right back but he just punted it up the park to Celtic player.

Hope the second half was more representative of how we are going to play.

Was also happier with his subs which seemed to be at the right time & the right positions.

Just a reminder that under Del we were bottom after 6 games season 09/10 and also after 4 games 10/11, give it a little more time and keep the faith

Agreed but Del never had as near as the amount of money as Lomas is throwing away on players who will never play. Players like Moon, Robertson, Beattie and MacLean might not even play. He has too many players to choose from.

Certainly the next 5 matches will give us a good indicator of what we might be achieving under Lomas for the season. Some good potential for points coming up.

Agreed.

One thing mystifies. Lomas said we over achieved last year. This is true in reflection to the clubs size and stature in the league, however has he said where we should be which is neither over or under achieving??

6/7/8 position is on par I reckon. A solid mid table finish.

Agreed.

One thing mystifies. Lomas said we over achieved last year. This is true in reflection to the clubs size and stature in the league, however has he said where we should be which is neither over or under achieving??

6/7/8 position is on par I reckon. A solid mid table finish.

Lomas needs Saints to over achieve. He's an ambitious young manager and ultimately he wants to be where managing Saints got Del and Coyle. Therefore he needs to be achieving similar results.

Agreed but Del never had as near as the amount of money as Lomas is throwing away on players who will never play. Players like Moon, Robertson, Beattie and MacLean might not even play. He has too many players to choose from.

Its a long season & most of them will be needed but I don`t see why Lomas keeps saying he is looking to get another couple of players in.

Hell, we're only a few games in and your saying the above guys will never get a game.

No wonder there's so much gloom and doom about.

We had four bookings on Sat. and will probably get a few more as the season progresses, which will see some of those who played on Sat. being suspended, therefore the players you mention will have to come in.

As far as Beattie is concerned, you must be in some kind of time warp to not realise why he has not played so far.

Most disappointed in your comments if you purport to be a Saints fan.