Lomas Tenure Up?

St Mikey

People should forget the rumours as that is all they are until it is made public by the club themselves. The main point is that Saints have not won a game in 13 games and this is not good enough. As a saints fan I don't want to be saved from being at the bottom of the table by Dundee, we performed well last season and should continue on the same form. Lets get behind the team and get a win this weekend. COYS

Saints went public quickly over the O'Boyle affair, but as usual, us fans are left in the dark as all sorts of rumours are circulating, and absolutely no response from the management of Saints, I feel this is not good enough! A statement for or against the manager would now be in order as things are starting to get out of hand, and may affect the teams' performance on the park!

I do see the irony of constantly talking about one rumour or another rumour then complain that the clubs reputation is in the crap due to everyone talking about rumours. Ehh where do you think they started and have continued to be talked about ??

Also, folks complaining that we should be hearing from the club, a statement or something, When do we ever hear from the club. Never. So nothing has changed. If they have not made statements in the past then they won't do now. No matter what you say.

Saints handling of the O'Boyle incident was shambolic.

I don't understand your thinking. Why would ANY business publicly reveal details about an internal disciplinary matter before it is resolved. I'm not saying that such a case even exists but if it does, the club would be leaving themselves open to all sorts of potential legal action by making public comment and if it doesn't exist then the club are never going to comment.

I totally agree that we don't want the club having to comment on every bit of speculation, that would be the wrong thing to do. However in Amy situation where there are various rumours doing the rounds, most of which will be untrue, it would be best (in my opinion) for the club to put out a short note to say either the club will not comment on speculation and or that the manager had the full support of the club.

That way the issue will have the heat taken out of it and we can all get back to supporting the manager and the club.

We all are, and should rightfully be, proud of our club and the way it is generally run. We don't have mad Vlad style rants or digs like green and neither do we want that, however I think it is fair for the fans to ask what is going on as we are all a little concerned.

Saints handling of the O'Boyle incident was shambolic.

I don't understand your thinking. Why would ANY business publicly reveal details about an internal disciplinary matter before it is resolved. I'm not saying that such a case even exists but if it does, the club would be leaving themselves open to all sorts of potential legal action by making public comment and if it doesn't exist then the club are never going to comment.

I've not always agreed with ryangordon86 on this forum, but his analysis is spot on there.

It would not be in the interest of the club, or any persons involved in the rumoured goings on, to make any comment when it could make things a lot worse for a number of reasons, especially when there is no obligation on them to do so.

While there are no doubt some who think the club are obliged to comment on any rumours going the rounds, which happens often enough, they aren't going to do it, especially as it will mean a few inches are filled in the red tops, which is the last thing any club would want.

Only if it was in the press thru a leak or someone just filling space on the basis of rumour would the club's hand be forced to make some statement, but even then, you wouldn't get much more than 'dealing with a matter internally and no comment at this time' etc

Lessons were most certainly learnt over O'Boyle/Thomas.

Edited by sjfc99

It would not be in the interest of the club, or any persons involved in the rumoured goings on, to make any comment when it could make things a lot worse for a number of reasons, especially when there is no obligation on them to do so.

While there are no doubt some who think the club are obliged to comment on any rumours going the rounds, which happens often enough, they aren't going to do it, especially as it will mean a few inches are filled in the red tops, which is the last thing any club would want.

Only if it was in the press thru a leak or someone just filling space on the basis of rumour would the club's hand be forced to make some statement, but even then, you wouldn't get much more than 'dealing with a matter internally and no comment at this time' etc

Lessons were most certainly learnt over O'Boyle/Thomas.

Yes they were and they had to be but it seems some are not happy at that and should really start too concentrate on Saturdays game, remember were a football team.

Time to put this crap to bed for the time being and start to think of what Saturday will bring.

Yes they were and they had to be but it seems some are not happy at that and should really start too concentrate on Saturdays game, remember were a football team.

Time to put this crap to bed for the time being and start to think of what Saturday will bring.

Agree with the one who wishes he were Joe.

This rumour mill is ridiculous. Never smoke without fire they say, but all this is doing is unsettling everybody involved, and its hard enough to win football matches when there's no other pressures to deal with.

I have a 'wait and see' policy. If there is something going to happen, it will happen in due course, just like the Rangers' situation.

Saturday's game is assuming a greater importance, but its still only one game. Hope we do well and don;t throw away a 2 goal lead or something daft like that.

Everyone is more concerned about rumour and hearsay than football. I say Judge the man by performances on the pitch, not the chinese whispers flying about Perth.

If performances don't pick up then fair enough. The other stuff however is a non issue for me. He could be a cross dressing mutton molester for all I care as long as the team are playing well.

Everyone is more concerned about rumour and hearsay than football. I say Judge the man by performances on the pitch, not the chinese whispers flying about Perth.

If performances don't pick up then fair enough. The other stuff however is a non issue for me. He could be a cross dressing mutton molester for all I care as long as the team are playing well.

Now don't get slf too excited please.

Finally heard the rumours from my laddie who lives in Aberdeen!! Will say no more as requested.

If this hard decision is made on football reasons, I'm generally in the give him a 1/4 of a season camp. The siginings really look decent.

I do think it's daft to complain about a footy club forum discussing the manager's fate. That's pretty much the point of a footy club forum. If SL is able to stay, I hope he appreciates that and doesn't come over all bitter.

Edited by Abernethy Saint

Finally heard the rumours from my laddie who lives in Aberdeen!! Will say no more as requested.

If this hard decision is made on football reasons, I'm generally in the give him a 1/4 of a season camp. The siginings really look decent.

I do think it's daft to complain about a footy club forum discussing the manager's fate. That's pretty much the point of a footy club forum. If SL is able to stay, I hope he appreciates that and doesn't come over all bitter.

Totally and utterly agree.

Once again, PLEASE REFRAIN FROM POSTING THE RUMOURS AND ALLEGATIONS AND PLEASE DO NOT POST STUFF SUGGESTING THAT ANY SUCH RUMOURS/ALLEGATIONS ARE TRUE.

It is ME as the site owner that is liable, not YOU as the poster.

I can't afford to pay a lawyer to defend a civil defamation case, and as much as I'd have a great time representing myself in court, it would be a massive waste of my time, even though my time is entirely worthless. I'm sure it would end up costing me a fortune as well somehow, and I've become accustomed to being able to do certain things, such as buy food, pay my mortgage and occasionally put the heating on.

Representatives of those allegedly involved in these rumours are monitoring this forum on a daily basis and are in contact with me and have made it plain that they will not hesitate to launch legal action. As I don't want to have my house repossessed, and as I have a future Saints superstar due to arrive in this world head first in April next year, please don't do anything that could potentially bankrupt me.

From this point forward anyone posting in such a manner that requires me or the other admins to delete their post in this or any other thread where the post is related to these rumours will have a warning point applied to their account. Three warning points results in a ban from the forum, which could range from a day to permanent.

Frankly, moderating this thread alone is taking up far too much of my time. As I'm self employed this is taking away from my ability to get anything close to a full day's work done (ie playing golf up Craigie Hill from 8am til 11 then watching TV all afternoon). If I have to close the forum down for a period until this stops I will do that. Hopefully we won't get to that stage.

Cheers.