Saints V Dundee United Sat 1Sept 3Pm

glenrothes saintee

GMS out so supply to Daly will be limited and if he goes too then it's at least some positivity, add that too a better first half and players returning maybe all ain't so bad

Hopefully he is missing & Russel is away by friday,then we may have a chance, as long as they don`t have two speedy wingers to replace them with.

I remember being happy when McGinn was misssing from Aberdeen team & he was replaced by young Fraser who was even better.

Big rumours of a move for JR, GMS getting an operation tomorrow so that's the good news for Saints. The bad news is Gardyne and Armstrong are very useful replacements and Ryan Dow is the latest live wire from our conveyor belt of talented youngsters. I thought Calum Davidson called it right on Sportscene on Sunday regarding Douglas's error, with a wry smile he explained that when a left footer plays a pass back with his right foot 'bad things happen'. After that Douglas was all over the place for 10 minutes, and we lost another 2. We did not play well against Dundee, but played very well against Hibs and Dynamo (at home) so Saturday should be interesting. Too close to call...................

Regarding Dundee's 3000 at Killie....remember the Didees have been known to exaggerate their crowds, and remember also it was there first SPL game for many, many years.

If Fraser Wright has a good game (which he is desperately needing) I expect to take something. If he continues in his current form we could be in for another 5.

Often think if we score first we will win, but Houston always manages to conjure something out of nothing.

And a decent ref would be nice for a change. Last two seemed out of their depth to me

Keeping my expectations extremely low. The 1-5 drubbing is still fresh in my mind. Would be very surprised if we came away with three points after the start we've had.

No17, I thought the 1-5 game was much more of a contest that the 0-2 game some weeks later. 3 of the goals in that game came in the last 7 minutes and two of those were crazy errors, for the other 83 minutes Saints looked very much the home side forcing the play. The other game United strolled it.