Saints V Dundee United Sat 1Sept 3Pm

glenrothes saintee

In all seriousness what is the problem. You have not yet sold all your tickets and there must be a fair bit left as you will be selling them on Saturday at your ground.

Saints would p[reviously have had the other stand behind the goals for you if you had brought 3500 but we no longer have that as that is a family stand.

Mainstand

For me personally, none. As I posted above, I think St Johnstone may lose sales because some away fans for whatever reason don't know whether they are attending a game until the day and just don't buy tickets in advance. It is true that they could buy tickets at Tannadice until 1pm tomorrow but if they are coming from south of Perth, they may just opt out on the basis of not wishing to travel the extra distance.

Because the club are trying something new to get the next generation of fans into the club by offering massively discounted tickets for families in the stand behind the goal. It has to be in that separate stand as otherwise you'd effectively be ripping off the punters who pay to sit in the stands alongside the pitch rather than behind the goals.

United and Aberdeen have been allocated around 3,000 seats and will not fill them. You have to buy a ticket which isn't really that difficult for anyone who wants to come along. Tickets will almost certainly be availble on the day. It will not cause an issue and no Dundee United fan who wants to see the game will miss out.

OK. I wondered how United avoid the issue of treating the punters the same within their family stand. This season we are pushing the George Fox Lower as our family stand. For every adult season ticket purchased there you are entitled to an under 12 season ticket for free and every additional seat only £20. However existing adult season ticket holders without children are welcome in the stand also, they just obviously cannot take advantage (assuming they just don't invite kids off the street in which might be a bit suspect!)

I guess St Johnstone must have a slightly different approach to require a separate stand, but I also associate behind the goals as where the most fervent fans are, not obvious family territory, but maybe that's just what comes of regularly going to Tannadice.

Anyway, no intention to sidetrack this thread. May seem odd for a fan of another club, but I genuinely wish to see all clubs in our region do well (yes even our nearest neighbours) as I enjoy a derby game atmosphere compared with the atmosphere that say 50 visiting Hamilton Accies fans generate.

I guess St Johnstone must have a slightly different approach to require a separate stand, but I also associate behind the goals as where the most fervent fans are, not obvious family territory, but maybe that's just what comes of regularly going to Tannadice.

Never understood going behind the goal if you have the option of alongside the pitch , better view etc . Must have stemmed from good old fashioned grounds like east end ,brockville cappielow and muirton where you had segregation and 2 sets of fans goading each other at the half way line .

Massive game tomorrow. Win and the players, manager and fans get the boost they need, which will hopefully kick start our season. Lose and the pressure will pile on to Lomas.

To me, United are not as good as they were last season. They are still a strong team, however the loss of Paul Dixon is massive and we must exploit Barry Douglas and Keith Watson tomorrow. We need to get either Pawlett or Hasselbaink running at Douglas early on and test his mettle after his disaster last week. We also need to try and stop the balls coming in from United full backs and wingers which are directed at Jon Daly. I felt that was our problem last season against United, we didnt stop the likes of Dixon and MacKay-Stevens whipping in the dangerous balls into Daly.

As for us, I would be tempted to pair Anderson and Dave MacKay at centre back, with Gary Millar at right back. Frazer Wright looks low on confidence and may benefit from a rest. By all accounts Callum Davidson is out tomorrow, so its another chance for Tam Scobbie to step up to the plate. Midfield should take care of itself, with Hasselbaink on the right, Murray Davidson and Paddy Cregg in the middle and Liam Craig on the left. Apparently Hasselbaink caused United all sorts of problems last season, so lets hope for more of the same tomorrow. As for up front, I believe tomorrow is a big game for Rowan Vine. Ive not been overly impressed with him so far (although his lack of football in the past few seasons may be the reason), however he is on a big wage and tomorrow is the type of game that he needs to prove himself in.

Would take a point right now to be honest. I think the first goal, as always in the SPL, will have a major bearing in the outcome of the game. As always lets get right behind the lads from kick off and hopefully the lads can get the result we all crave.

Mainstand

For me personally, none. As I posted above, I think St Johnstone may lose sales because some away fans for whatever reason don't know whether they are attending a game until the day and just don't buy tickets in advance. It is true that they could buy tickets at Tannadice until 1pm tomorrow but if they are coming from south of Perth, they may just opt out on the basis of not wishing to travel the extra distance.

You seemed to of managed ok for the derby match at home. Buying tickets that is.

Making a non issue into something its not.

Just been called out, looks like I'll fecking miss the game! :(

Should always "lose battery power" on your phone on Game Day, rookie mistake.

Looking forward to this and hope we can finally beat the DAB's in league duty again. Expecting an identical line up to last week but would like a centre half pairing of Mackay and Anderson with Miller at Right Back. Can't see it happening though

Match day is here again. Given confidence in Steve Lomas is very low, lets hope for a great performance and a win, which will go some way to restoring our belief in the manager. We have the players, of that I have no doubt. They, need to show that the believe they can do it and that they believe in Lomas. Lomas himself needs to show his managerial mettle today. Tactically and motivationally, he needs to be spot on. Todays the day to put all the other rumoured shite on the back burner and for us all, team, manager and fans, to unite and get St.Johnstones season off and running. So come on yee Saints, come on Lomas and come on the team. Lets do this.

I'd like to see us play the same formation (4-4-2) and not swap players around all over the park for 90 mins.

I think Lomas has spent too much time playing Football Manager.

To be honest I think Hasselbaink has a tendency to wander instead of staying wide. Whether that's the managers instructions or his own decision I don't know. St Mirren fans did warn us about it though

That's not what I mean though. Last week at hibs we went 442 before changing to 443 / 451.

Liam started the game on left mid, went right midfield and central at various stages of the 2nd half. I'm not sure how players are supposed to find any consistency or understanding when they are being chopped and changed around constantly.

That's not what I mean though. Last week at hibs we went 442 before changing to 443 / 451.

Liam started the game on left mid, went right midfield and central at various stages of the 2nd half. I'm not sure how players are supposed to find any consistency or understanding when they are being chopped and changed around constantly.

I seeeee, It did seem odd how he ended up playing deep alongside Cregg. Although a lot of teams make the wingers swap sides during the match, Aberdeen done it with Fraser and Hayes swapping sides then swapping again so why shouldn't our "wingers"? Then when we were pushing for a goal and had numerous strikers on then going central was the only real option for Craig as we were short in there.

It does seem as if Lomas doesn't quite know his best line up or formation yet but 4 odd games into the season with so many injuries means it's not that odd