Saints V Dundee United Sat 1Sept 3Pm

glenrothes saintee

If that's the case then Tam needs top become a father every week. Defense was solid today..

It wouldn't be hard for the defense to be better than it was with him in it against aberdeen. Congratulations to him, but I have no qualms with him taking the next few Saturdays off as paternal leave if today's defence stay fit.

I hope CD will continue to feature in future though

We were really good - like the first half against Hibs but kept going for the 90 minutes with the players all fired up and putting in the effort and fight for the whole game. Lacked a wee bit of luck and a killer final pass but thoroughly deserved three point.

No real weaknesses in the team. Liam's set pieces were poor but his midfield play and passing was excellent. Cregg, Vine and Pawlett were all excellent throughout the game. Only criticism I had of Lomas was leaving Muzz on after he took several knocks - was surprised that Cregg went off for Adams instead of Muzz.

Good performance, decent crowd - onward and upwards...

Cant speak for the away games as i have not been to any, but taking the Aberdeen game out of things for now as it was awful i have friends who tell me we were a bit unlucky against Hibs .So on today's performance as a guide line i can't understand where all the anti Lomas stuff is coming from as i though we were pretty decent today and might have sneaked a win

The back four were solid, Ando outstanding(to think i never used to rate him)the midfield were very good , i like Cregg and Murray fought and chased everything.The two forwards have the making of a partership and i reckon Vine will bang them in once he gets that first goal(Roddy Grant went something like 19 before he got his first) and we all know what happened there.Vine still looks a wee bit unfit and tired near the end, i might have had him off in the last 20, but not much on the bench to replace him i suppose.Tade will nick the odd goal and defenders certainly know he's there.I thought subbing Pawlett who was my man of the match was wrong at the time but read else where he was injured.The substitution of Gregg was also strange to me , but im sure there was reason.Jamie Adams did ok when he came on but Nigel looked out of sorts

A good point for both teams i suppose as although Utd were poor the could have snatched a win, they appear to miss GMS(good oh!) and Daly looked a shadow of the player that destroyed us in the 5-1 game

Thought the ref was pish, denied at least one penalty and forgot his cards!

Good solid draw and pleased for the keeper and defence to get a clean sheet, we will get stronger , im sure of that and Beatie will put pressure on Vine and Tade for a starting place, and will be an asset coming off the bench

Just heard we have signed Steven McLean

Mon the Saints Mon The Lomas man!!!!

Turned out the rumours of lomas being in trouble were false...he did manage to get a game plan without higgins and his beloved 4-5-1

What a difference between today and the aberdeen game. Saints looked really good, and that wasnt down to a really poor united side flattering us, they were there for the taking and easy to see how kilmarnock did so last week. It was just a pity we couldnt finish them off. It isnt often that their fans, especially in that number, remained quiet for the match.

Hopefully if they can stay on the park, vine and tade will form a decent partnership. He clearly isnt fully match fit, but vine looks as though he could be some player. I thought that pawlett and millar both had great games too. Liam Craig still wont go in ten yards of a player with the ball to tackle or close them down, and a bit all over the place at time, and as for the set plays jesus wept. Was a shame that nigel wasnt really at it, because that right back with the strapping on his leg should have been targeted, because was clear he would struggle when faced when a pacy, tricky player as pawlett and millar had him inside out a few times.

Well played to steven anderson for managing a united match without being sent off l o l

Edited by sjfc99

Don't have too many complaints with today other than our free kicks being dreadful. I thought the back 4 swept up pretty much everything, the midfield battled away and were able to provide some decent service and the forwards showed some signs of what we might be seeing over the season (i.e. some good link up play)

Tade held the ball up really well at times and Vine seems able to pick out the less obvious passes, the latter looked tired towards the end but was still looking for the ball. Pawlett looked really good but I understand from some Dons fans that he does tend to blow hot an cold. However it looks like when he's blowing hot we will be in for a few treats. He was linking up well with Miller and Vine and he tracked back really well. MacKay and Ando also stood out for me. Ando is a really solid defender and Dave was excellent at left back.

I really though we were going to come away with 3 points but after the Aberdeen game I'm just glad I came away from the game having played some decent stuff and kept a clean sheet but Utd did seem a bit crap today.

I was also interested to see that Lomas hardly sat down today, he was always up on his feet talking to someone, giving them instructions. Not sure if the instructions were any good but he certainly seemed to be communicating and he certainly cares.....I sit just along from the dugout and he had a few choice words for the guy running the line on the main stand side.

Finally, it was laughable listening to the radio on the way home. Preston (I think it was him at the game) was saying the game was crap but I though there was a decent amount of entertainment. Houston couldn't think of a single chance Saints had in the 2nd half....he must have been having a dump when Nige was clean through. Perhaps I'm easily pleased but I thought us spraying the ball about for a few periods in the first half was entertaining to watch.

Would have got 3 points if we had a striker with confidence.Whole team played well & was impressed how Miller & Pawlett worked for each other.

Wrights distribution is really poor & he & Mannus just kept punting it up to United keeper.

United were poor & without GMS they have no threat & Daly & Russell got no service.

Liam knows he never played well. He has grown up over the last couple of seasons. And you can see his mentality has changed this season.

He wasn't happy with himself at full time, normally a player who responds to the fans at the final whistle he walked straight off. Bad day for him by our standards but more by his own standards. He will come good.

He has far more better games for saints than performances like yesterdays.

Muzz is just a machine. And to get wankin all upset was a bonus, he should of went through him too.

Spot on analysis from SL - hustled Utd out of any kind of game plan they may have had and as a team we worked very hard - despite the criticism of Liam I thought him and Dave were very good down the left and had a good understanding of each other - on another day we'd have won that. Same team again v Celtic for me

Just watched the 'highlights', poor all round, Tade should certainly have been booked for cheating and Adams, (as usual) should have off, studs up, leg straight, nasty bar steward, who will prove a liability. (in case any of you have not worked that out yet. ;) )

I think you're blind because it was a good tackle, he took the ball. Sure a little rash, but his leg was down and took a lot more of the ball than the man, plus your team sure do like a tumble.

Oh and it should have been a penalty against Dillon, he clearly takes Tade down.

Just watched the 'highlights', poor all round, Tade should certainly have been booked for cheating and Adams, (as usual) should have off, studs up, leg straight, nasty bar steward, who will prove a liability. (in case any of you have not worked that out yet. ;) )

Adams is what we lack so often. MillAr could learn a lot from him.

The fact you as an are highlighting your view on him as an Arab means to me he is probably doing his job out there and getting stuck in. You certainly wouldn't have been on here going on about Millar and I'd doubt if the Utd players would have been too bothered about facing up to him either.

I'd like to see Adams getting a chance at a decent run in the team to get his confidence up.

As much as I disagree with Smarmy that Adams tackle was a red-card (although a little rash he timed it and won the ball) I do agree he's a liability. He just throws himself into tackles without concern about where the ball will end up which often results in gifting the oppositon the ball in a better area than they had (whilst taking himself out the game). He's also more or less a booking a game because his timing isn't very good. Add that to his limited ability and as much as you have to admire him for his effort and commitment he just doesn't have all that much to offer.

He's a prime example of Murray Davidson when he first arrived he had no idea how to time a tackle or choose a tackle. Murray learned quickly and has now matured his heading and passing to become an all rounder. Adams needs to quickly learn the same or he'll soon find himself in the lower leagues.

I think you're blind because it was a good tackle, he took the ball. Sure a little rash, but his leg was down and took a lot more of the ball than the man, plus your team sure do like a tumble.

Oh and it should have been a penalty against Dillon, he clearly takes Tade down.

Ok Widge, i'll meet you half way, I went on to the web highlights and it does not look nearly as bad from the side, the angle on TV was only from the back. (he's still a nasty **** though, I've seen enough of him to stand by that) , the penalty....naw neither player getting the ball, barely in the seen them given category.