Saints V Dundee United Sat 1Sept 3Pm

glenrothes saintee

No17, I thought the 1-5 game was much more of a contest that the 0-2 game some weeks later. 3 of the goals in that game came in the last 7 minutes and two of those were crazy errors, for the other 83 minutes Saints looked very much the home side forcing the play. The other game United strolled it.

Completely agree, their 2nd or 3rd goal was a foul on Mackay which the referee played advantage and the ball ended up in our goal! Got to support the team this weekend and get a win. Not been able to make the games recently due to work commitments but sounds as if we haven't played badly but losing the first goal is casuing us problems. Hopefully if we can score first on Saturday then we can win the game

No17, I thought the 1-5 game was much more of a contest that the 0-2 game some weeks later. 3 of the goals in that game came in the last 7 minutes and two of those were crazy errors, for the other 83 minutes Saints looked very much the home side forcing the play. The other game United strolled it.

Yeah, it was never a 1-5 scoreline over the 90 minutes but IMO it was still a fairly turgid performance and we were never likely to get a win. Although the scoreline flattered Utd in the end you were still worthy winners.

It's going to be a tough ask but they're not invulnerable as demonstrated at Rubgy Park last week. Let's hope they play Barry Douglas at left back!

I was talking to my father-in-law yesterday and he's a Bristol City fan. They've had a flying start under McInnes this season but he had predicted it would be the other way round after our pre-season friendly - with them struggling and us doing well. We could do with a couple of the finishes Vine showed in that game for tomorrow(assuming we don't throw away a lead again).

Having only 2000 utd fans there will Hopefully be a good thing, still don't understand why it's all ticket for Utd, at a time when extra revenue is much needed we panic and decide to make I all ticket because we worry utd bring 3-3500! Probably cost the club 10k in lost revenue! As for the Aberdeen game , they only brought , 1700! More money lost!!!

Dundee United fan in peace.

Visited McDiarmid Park a few times but this is the first where tickets had to be bought in advance. From perspective of your club, I'm trying to understand the logic for this? I think you will lose some ticket sales from away supporters who would turn up on the day on impulse and it must cost a bit more in admin printing off tickets.

I understand it is linked to an initiative to have a family section in the Ormond Stand but surely you could have a family section in your West stand and ensure that plenty of seats were available so that advance tickets were not required? Any chance of some away tickets being sold at the ground tomorrow as happened with the Aberdeen game?

Anyway all the best for the season and see you tomorrow!

Visited McDiarmid Park a few times but this is the first where tickets had to be bought in advance. From perspective of your club, I'm trying to understand the logic for this? I think you will lose some ticket sales from away supporters who would turn up on the day on impulse and it must cost a bit more in admin printing off tickets.

I understand it is linked to an initiative to have a family section in the Ormond Stand but surely you could have a family section in your West stand and ensure that plenty of seats were available so that advance tickets were not required? Any chance of some away tickets being sold at the ground tomorrow as happened with the Aberdeen game?

Wow, a logical Ufd fan :) Couldn't agree more! The family stand v Aberdeen was a joke, you'd be lucky if there was 150 people in it! Just finest make any sense!! Money down the swany!!!

I think the idea of tickets is probably due to the estimate that United will have said tehy will be bringing through. There are 2000 or thereabout in the away end at McD.

United will have predicted upwards of 2500 fans travelling . Tayside Police will then have insisted on the away end being all ticket to prevent the issues we've had before with overspill. I assume tickets will end up being on sale at the ground on the day.

Jamie

Serious question: Why is it not possible at McDiarmid, capacity 10,000, regular home fan attendance say around 3,000 to have more than 2,500 seats available for away fans? I'm not suggesting United would / will bring more than 2,500 but if say potentially 3,500 seats were available, the need for tickets v us and Aberdeen wouldn't have arisen.

Jamie

Serious question: Why is it not possible at McDiarmid, capacity 10,000, regular home fan attendance say around 3,000 to have more than 2,500 seats available for away fans? I'm not suggesting United would / will bring more than 2,500 but if say potentially 3,500 seats were available, the need for tickets v us and Aberdeen wouldn't have arisen.

In all seriousness what is the problem. You have not yet sold all your tickets and there must be a fair bit left as you will be selling them on Saturday at your ground.

Saints would p[reviously have had the other stand behind the goals for you if you had brought 3500 but we no longer have that as that is a family stand.

Jamie

Because the club are trying something new to get the next generation of fans into the club by offering massively discounted tickets for families in the stand behind the goal. It has to be in that separate stand as otherwise you'd effectively be ripping off the punters who pay to sit in the stands alongside the pitch rather than behind the goals.

United and Aberdeen have been allocated around 3,000 seats and will not fill them. You have to buy a ticket which isn't really that difficult for anyone who wants to come along. Tickets will almost certainly be availble on the day. It will not cause an issue and no Dundee United fan who wants to see the game will miss out.