Your Personal Claim To Fame As A Saints Fan ?

SingaporeSaint

I was the mascot in a 1-1 draw against Forfar in 1984. Roy Baines injured his arm and was replaced by Don McVicar. Don dislocated his shoulder and was replaced by Joe Reid.

I'm no historian but I'm willing to bet it's the only time we've ever used three different goalkeepers in one match.

I think we did it against rangers once both replacements appeared on one of these "Top 10 best" videos the sun used to produce at christmas (early 90s Ithink)

In the early eighties Saints did a preseason in the Borders. As they were staying in the hotel I was working in at the time I met up with some of them. I was on holiday for the week after they left and got a lift to Perth on the team bus. Frank Christie and Alex Rennie were great guys. I was invited into the players card school but as i was pretty skint declined the offer

I nicked the match ball from Saints' 2-1 win over Rangers in October 2000. At the end of the match Barry Ferguson lumped the ball into the Main Stand, it took a bounce off some seats and I grabbed it. Shoved it under my jacket and made off out of the stadium.

I remember seeing that! Nothing like a bit of opportunist thieving! :)

I was John Blackley's caddy. Got invited to the Saints golf day, can't/won't play golf, went for the freebie food and drink, carried his bag to pass the time while they were doing their waste of a good walk thing. Great bloke, loads of stories.

If I can go slightly off-topic, my Scotland claim to fame is that I have been to 9 Scotland games, at 4 age levels,in 3 different grounds, and never seen them score a goal (4 0 - 0 drws though). I banned myself after the 8th game. I was then asked to help take some cubs to McD to a youth or u-21game, can't remember which. I explained I couldn't, because Scotland wouldn't score. They laughed and said of course they would, it's Belorus and they've only been a country for about two weeks. OK then, I said.

Scotland lost 4 - 0.

I told that story on Off the Ball. It's OK, they didn't think it was funny, either. AND the bastards never sent the t-shirt (sorry, SS, but you do owe me a t-shirt.....).

It will be 25 years this December since a certain member on here ran out for the second half at Stair Park, Stranraer dressed as a gorilla!

braw., witnessed that event .and the banana chucking on the pitch as well made a change from celery.