Bus To Dundee

Scobby_SJFC

You can buy booze in the Ironhouse from 8am, if anyone fancies starting early! (need to buy a roll though..) Aye, the counting house serves from 10am I'm sure.

Pink said he was still to check how much his train upto Glasgow will be. So may still take the remaining seat if nobody else does.

The Ironhorse used to ask you to order food with your first pint only. After that nobody seemed to care! (I went before the early semi final against Celtic) I've a feeling that was probably illegal then and definitely is now. There's a shady looking boozer next to the fish place on saltmarket that opens at 8am if anyone's really keen...

I'll get you crazy cats in the Counting House at 10.30 or thereabouts. Will stay off the Efes so should last the day.

As for boozer in Dundeh, have had pints in Whites on the corner, Centenary Bar and the 83 Club in the past. Never had any bother in any of them to be honest but if there's a busload of us might be different. Whites has had the same moustached bouncer for about 25 years now.

Think it's great we've filled the bus, well in Scobby for taking this on.

Looking forward to it and full of optimism pre game; hopefully this won't be deflated in typical Saints style by 3.15pm........

The Tollbooth, by the Saltmarket, has an early licence and what they do is get a pile of bacon rolls and sit them on the counter so you have to buy a roll and a beer. Never been in but know a few Celtic minded folks who have taken advantage of it. Seen many a state coming out of there by 9am.

That's the one. The story is that it's open that early because the, cleverly named, Fish Plaice, next door has people passing through early in the morning who've been at early morning fish markets. And they deserve a pint at 8am!

Edited by Spew