Scotland V Macedonia

SJDaly

Surprised by the personnel I must admit, but that is one attacking midfield. Quite like Mackie in that position and Forrest being in the team should keep some other folk happy, but I'm quite surprised Maloney is in centre mid - is that where he's been playing for Wigan?

I reckon we should see plenty of the ball tonight so hopefully we'll be a bit more productive with it. If Miller doesn't put away the chances after 55-60mins then get Rhodes on or push Mackie up.

Mackie and Forrest are preferable to Naismith and Adam who were off the pace on Saturday. Maloney? never been his biggest fan but he can turn games. The big surprise is sticking with Millar, but that will be for an hour to stretch off the defence with Rhodes to finish the job in the last half an hour.

3-0 Scotland!

Kenny Miller needs to think about retiring, he isn't the same player as he was and now with a 12 hour flight to get back for games is not going to help him in the slightest. Cheers for everything Kenny but move over.

I think Malony does play in that positon for Wigan so it can only a positve move by Avril.

3 points are a must or Avril will have to have a serious look at himself

Agree Stanley about Miller, he has been a good servant for Scotland and many a time has done a great job up top on his own but your time is over, go and enjoy Vancouver. Now Mr Levein, 4-1-4-1 against Macedonia?? Are you having a laugh! You have done nothing but make an utter TIT of yourself in the last few days in the media and shown no tactical awareness in your two team selections. The fans don't want Rhodes in to spite you they want Rhodes in because he has scored near 80 goals in two seasons. Shaun Maloney is not I repeat NOT a CM. If you were any sort of a man you would also have Steven Fletcher in the team, I dont care if the two of you dont say two words to each other but this reeks of the Roxburgh/Brown and Duncan Ferguson fiasco. Get over it, ive worked with some right bellends in my time but im professional enough to get on with them for work. So after tonights game go and pack up your stuff and **** off back to greggs or where ever you've decided to stuff your face for the last 2 years

Edited by YHallSaint

Mackie and Forrest are preferable to Naismith and Adam who were off the pace on Saturday. Maloney? never been his biggest fan but he can turn games. The big surprise is sticking with Millar, but that will be for an hour to stretch off the defence with Rhodes to finish the job in the last half an hour.

3-0 Scotland!

Quality predicting there Smarmy, but it's okay because there are still 27/24/??? ( delete as applicable) points to play for and that result was only SLIGHTLY disappointing. :wink:

If we had played like we did in the last 20 minutes, we would have won. By that, I mean an attacking formation and taking the game to them.

We started (surprise feckin surprise) with a far too defensive formation, with a bunch of players that couldn't defend, allowing them to come onto us. Berra and Webster were bomb scares, Hutton has lost it (even though he was slightly better last night than Saturday) and Dixon is too one dimensional imo. As much as I loathe the guy, hats off to McGregor for a few crucial saves.

Adam changed the game for me. Came on, wanted possession, drove forward, hit sharp passes into feet, fed the wide players etc etc

If Rhodes had been on from the start, he could have settled into the game. Coming on when he did puts extra pressure on him as the crowd were calling for him and he must have felt an expectation to produce the winner. Had a couple of chances that if he had been on longer I think he would have taken. He also won some nice knock-on's and played some clever through balls. Unfortunately, Miller scoring will make Levein feel justified in selecting him. That goal was created by others...fair enough, Kenny had to be there but there was nothing out of the ordinary about it. If he insists on playing Miller, play him WITH Rhodes.

So, campaign over already? Even the die-hard Tartan Army are going to start drifting away from Hampden I fear and I think we may see some really low attendances, particularly if that dillusional fool Levein is still at the helm