Ross County Vs Saints Saturday 22/9/12 K.o. 3Pm

Dave Ferg

The first of, what will be, a crucial run of games, that may very well define the direction of our season. There was a very really possibility, a few weeks ago, that a defeat in Dingwall could have seen us cut adrift at the bottom with just 1 point. But, the excellent results, against United and Celtic, have alleviated those fears, but only temporaily. The pressure for the next month is to collate a significant number of points.

Ross County v Saints

Dundee v Saints

Saints v St Mirren

Saints v Kilmarnock

Inverness Caledonian Thistle v Saints

That takes us until the end of the first quarter, when, as far as I've always been concerned, it was only truly fair to judge the manager's performance. I would suggest that a minimum of 7/8 points would be acceptable from these fixtures, and anything less would be a little concerning going forward. Not that it'll be easy, starting on Saturday.

County do appear to be a tight unit, so, as Radford mentioned, the first goal will be particularly crucial, as should it come in our favour, it'll be interesting to see if the game become's more open. If it does, then I would fancy our chances, but the alternative, of County taking the lead, could result in a very long and frustrating afternoon.

Like Ghostie, I'm looking forward to seeing the renovations up there, as, from what I've seen, the alterations have been completed very professionally, and it looks to be a very smart little stadium now.

Incidentally, as we think of the "old" Victoria Park, it's perhaps appropriate to look back on one of its most memorable afternoons, involving St Johnstone...

Edited by Davis Love III

Can wait for Saturday as it will be my 1st time up there.

Going on the club supports bus as its £5 thanks you saints :) sorry gostie tours but see u guys up there.

Me and The Mystery Man as well. Already know Ghostie anyway, and his bus is a tenner :wink:

I heard that we're on a minibus though. Long way in a minibus :laugh:

Once went to Victoria park and had my dog with me. Tied her up in the shade next to the car in the car park. It was roasting that day. They let me out at half time to look after her. Where else would they have done that?

Edited by andrew

Can wait for Saturday as it will be my 1st time up there.

Going on the club supports bus as its £5 thanks you saints :) sorry ghostie tours but see u guys up there.

No worries Dan. If they want to do buses for a fiver and our bus loses out, it's Saints that will lose out in the long run as if we lose money, we will be unable to give Saints the kinda financial support which we have in the last 12 months. Between buying kits, paying £1000 for a team to go to Ireland and sponsoring two players, we have given them over £5000. We will have to see if this is a one off or going to be a regular thing. Not really sure WHY they are doing it for a fiver to be honest. I could understand if it was the last away game of the season and it was done as way of a thank you. Indeed we did this for the last away game of last season although we never told people until they actually came to pay, but given it is only the fourth away game of the season I cannae really think of anything other than that they are trying to take business from other buses. AS for Andrews comment, it is indeed a long way on a mini bus especially if there is no toilet. As I say though it's up to the club what they do.... :wink:

Incidentally, as we think of the "old" Victoria Park, it's perhaps appropriate to look back on one of its most memorable afternoons, involving St Johnstone...

The Inverness 22???

Me and The Mystery Man as well. Already know Ghostie anyway, and his bus is a tenner :wink:

I heard that we're on a minibus though. Long way in a minibus :laugh:

Once went to Victoria park and had my dog with me. Tied her up in the shade next to the car in the car park. It was roasting that day. They let me out at half time to look after her. Where else would they have done that?

2 50 seater buses from the Muirton suite

No worries Dan. If they want to do buses for a fiver and our bus loses out, it's Saints that will lose out in the long run as if we lose money, we will be unable to give Saints the kinda financial support which we have in the last 12 months. Between buying kits, paying £1000 for a team to go to Ireland and sponsoring two players, we have given them over £5000. We will have to see if this is a one off or going to be a regular thing. Not really sure WHY they are doing it for a fiver to be honest. I could understand if it was the last away game of the season and it was done as way of a thank you. Indeed we did this for the last away game of last season although we never told people until they actually came to pay, but given it is only the fourth away game of the season I cannae really think of anything other than that they are trying to take business from other buses. AS for Andrews comment, it is indeed a long way on a mini bus especially if there is no toilet. As I say though it's up to the club what they do.... :wink:

I cant see any other reason either Ghost.You either subsidise all buses or none.Like I said 2 fifty seater's going from the Muirton suite to the detriment of other buses running.Poor show if you ask me,but not obviously if you re taking advantage of the cheap deal.

I will be back tho mate just using there bus as i am short of cash this month and trying to not spend money but i want to go to this.

The Inverness 22???

2 50 seater buses from the Muirton suite

I cant see any other reason either Ghost.You either subsidise all buses or none.Like I said 2 fifty seater's going from the Muirton suite to the detriment of other buses running.Poor show if you ask me,but not obviously if you re taking advantage of the cheap deal.

Just checked our numbers for Saturday and lo and behold, we only have 31 which means we will lose money unless we get at least another 6-8. Very suprising as I thought we would fill the bus for this game. I dunno why I bother. Maybe we should do all our bus for a fiver and just cover the cost with the profit we made last season rather than give it to Saints.. The more I think about this the more it annoys me..

Fair play to the Jeanfield 208 club reducing their prices. I know a lot of people that are going, who wouldnt normally go, mainly due to the price. Hopefully they will enjoy their day and decide to use the bus again.

Perhaps the club are also doing it as a reward for the many people that travel on that bus to most games.

Really looking forward to Saturday, always a top day out in Dingwall.

Fair play to the Jeanfield 208 club reducing their prices. I know a lot of people that are going, who wouldnt normally go, mainly due to the price. Hopefully they will enjoy their day and decide to use the bus again.

Perhaps the club are also doing it as a reward for the many people that travel on that bus to most games.

Really looking forward to Saturday, always a top day out in Dingwall.

By the club Aitchy, I take it you mean the J208 as opposed to saints Yes??

Yes J208, not Saints.

Yes J208, not Saints.

I thought that was what you were meaning .. and if that's the case, like you I would say fair play but when the chairman of the J208 ( Wee John ) said he knew nothing about it, it did make me wonder if St.Johnstone were covering any loses ( if there were any)..

While I am here and slightly off topic, did you get a ticket for the Ex-chairmans dinner? I know Gav has a spare one and he did say he was gonna offer it to you but I aint sure if he did??

Just checked our numbers for Saturday and lo and behold, we only have 31 which means we will lose money unless we get at least another 6-8. Very suprising as I thought we would fill the bus for this game. I dunno why I bother. Maybe we should do all our bus for a fiver and just cover the cost with the profit we made last season rather than give it to Saints.. The more I think about this the more it annoys me..

stop yer feckin moanin.