Ross County Vs Saints Saturday 22/9/12 K.o. 3Pm

Dave Ferg

It was hard to judge the second half chances for County from the other end.

It seems to me that our keeper saved most of them and the defence blocked the rest.

Our chances were perhaps more clear cut, with bar and post denying certain goals.

So, to me, our chances were better and County's keeper was, well, dodgy.

Therefore we deserved the win, especially with only 10 men for an hour.

Whatever anyone comes back with doesn't matter.

It's all about the result!

I said way back that I thought we'd come good, and the signs are there.

Let's keep it going.

:laugh:

Thought his record was meant to be good - i.e. never been sent off until coming here.

Checked and found no red cards going back to 2001.

Rechecked and found 1 red card in 261 matches. For brentford in 2002/3. 49 yellows in those 261 matches, so 1 in 5 yellow and 1 in 261 red.

Until coming here! :laugh:

A strange game indeed. I thought we were dire for the first 45 minutes and our play didn't really merit a 1-0 lead at half-time. However, it was a moment of individual excellence from Liam Craig which has to be credited.

I didn't see the Vine red card incident but, if it was indeed deserved, it was highly idiotic of him to put our lead into jeopardy. Ross County may well have been playing nicer football than us, but they rarely threatened our goal until we went down to 10 men.

The equaliser had been coming. Aside from Murray Davidson's baffling miss, Ross County had all of the chances in the second half up until the last 15 minutes or so. The most important statistic is that they failed to put more than one of their numerous chances away, thanks in part to an excellent display from the defence and Alan Mannus in goal. Incredible moment when Frazer Wright headed an unlikely winner into the net. Mental celebrations. We had a couple of other opportunities after that, and the team and manager must be praised for their grit and determination to get a result against the odds.

A great day out all round. Good weather, great pub lunch and drinks at The Mallard, entertaining match and 3 points in the bag. It's a shame to see Ross County's unbeaten run end, but I'm glad we're the ones to have done it.

What a day, left home at 8am this morning just, got home around half an hour ago, what a day i've had, and even the Saints game didn't come along to spoil it, what a magic moment when our second goal hit the back of the net.

If Carlsberg did Saturdays....

COYS

:laugh: :laugh: :razz:

Really hard working performance,the players worked their butts off,and really played for the jersey and dare i say it,the manager!Lomas got the subs spot on,Nige off, Midge wide for better defensive work, Muzz to add real muscle in the middle. Great win and great day out,hope County stay up as it's a braw wee cluband community.

Worst thing about the game was Tokley only getting 45 minutes at the other end of the pitch.Sure ghostie had held back some abuse for the second half.

What a difference Davidson made when he came on. Was solid in every challenge and really brought out the best in the rest of the midfield.

The feeling when that second one went in was amazing. Good reminder of why we all pay so much money for it.

Worst thing about the game was Tokley only getting 45 minutes at the other end of the pitch.Sure ghostie had held back some abuse for the second half.

What a difference Davidson made when he came on. Was solid in every challenge and really brought out the best in the rest of the midfield.

The feeling when that second one went in was amazing. Good reminder of why we all pay so much money for it.

I was gutted when he never reappeared. Had held back loads of stuff. I only got the " Give him a carrot and some hay and the donkey will be fine" shout out ( when he was injured). Never mind, there is always next time.

Sadly the match highlights do not shed any light on the Vine sending off. They also failt o show quite a lot of Ross Countys efforts and Saints clearance off the line. . Infact they make it look like we were by far the better team and had by far the better chances. If I was a Coonty fan I would be pissed off..

Edited by The ghost of Jim Morton

Highlights were shite. Sometimes different on show. Not sure if some refs would have allowed our second as it looked like a Saints player may have fouled a defender at the corner.

Seen what you mean regarding a foul. Watching it from behind the goal I was thinking the same as you.

Then watching it on the telly once, it was debatable.

Watched it again and could see what the commentator described as the first Saints player rising early.

Concluded that there was NO foul