The Grass Isn't Always Greener...

Radford 72

Not sure I agree that Morris would be resigned to not featuring much for Bristol City. He ruled himself out of the running for the Saints job pretty early because he wanted to focus on playing, so it would seem strange to give up everything he had here (captain, regular, Europe etc...) to be a bit part player, just because he was going to be close to McInnes again. Everything that was on offer at Bristol City would still have likely been there a year down the line. I think Morris' big motivation in moving was to play in the Championship and he isn't doing that as yet. I can't believe he's content with the role he currently has there.

Being part of a Championship side would obviously have been a massive draw, but would the family situation have maybe played a part in Jody leaving this season as opposed to next? From his Twitter it seems it was his wee lad's first day at school recently, would imagine it'd be a lot easier to move down this year now and get the kids settled etc instead of having them move school/make new friends etc a year later just for the sake of a season with Saints.

Being part of a Championship side would obviously have been a massive draw, but would the family situation have maybe played a part in Jody leaving this season as opposed to next? From his Twitter it seems it was his wee lad's first day at school recently, would imagine it'd be a lot easier to move down this year now and get the kids settled etc instead of having them move school/make new friends etc a year later just for the sake of a season with Saints.

I am sure that family played a huge part in him wanting to move. Obviously he thought he would be playing, most players do, but think there was an off the pitch influence to his move too