Wapbs Constitution

CONSTITUTION OF WE ARE PERTH BAROSSA STREET ST JOHNSTONE SUPPORTERS CLUB

1. Name

The name of the association is We Are Perth Barossa Street St Johnstone Supporters Club (Known hereafter as the Association)

2. Objects

• To promote and raise the profile of St Johnstone Football Club

• To raise funds, primarily towards the youth development squads

• To run supporters buses to both home and away games

• To encourage all interested parties to become members of The Barossa Street Club

3. Membership

• As we will not operate a formal paid membership then Membership of the Association is open to all

• Membership of The Barossa Street Club is separate from the Association but is preferred

• To become an office bearer or to be eligible to vote at an AGM or EGM then membership of The Barossa Street Club is required

4. General Meetings

• The management committee shall convene an annual general meeting (or AGM) in each year, not more than fifteen months after the previous AGM

• The business of each AGM will include:-

 after the first AGM, agree the minutes of the previous AGM

 a report by the Chairperson

 presentation of the Associations financial accounts for the year

 election/re-election of members of the management committee

 any other business which has been submitted to the secretary not less than seven days prior to the AGM

• Notice for an AGM shall be a minimum of 21 days and will be posted on the Associations section on the We Are Perth forum

• Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) – may be convened at any time if

 called for by the Secretary or Chairperson

 60% of the management committee

 called for, in writing, by at least 10 ordinary members

• Notice for an EGM will be a minimum of 14 days via the Associations Forum page and will state the business to be discussed

5. Rules For General Meetings

• The date for the next general meeting will be agreed at each meeting and confirmed by the secretary via the minutes

• No business will be dealt with at any meeting unless a quorum is present; the quorum will be a minimum of 5 members present in person

• The meeting will be controlled by the chairperson, or in their absence the vice-chairperson or an agreed member of the management committee

• All questions arising at any meeting shall be decided by a simple majority of votes cast by members (who are entitled to one vote) who are present

• In the event of a tied vote on any resolution, the chairperson will have the casting vote

6. Management committee

• The maximum number of members of the management committee will be no more than 12, the minimum number will be 5

• The management committee may at any time appoint any member to be a member of the committee

• A member of the management committee must declare a personal interest in any transaction or other arrangement which the association is proposing to enter into and he or she will be debarred from voting on the matter in question

• Members of the management committee may claim any reasonable expenses incurred in carrying out their duties

• The management committee may, at its discretion, invite any non-member to attend and speak at any committee meeting but they will not be entitled to vote

• The management committee may decide, where appropriate, to have closed meetings which will not be open to any other than committee members

7. Accounts

• A bank account shall be opened in the name of the association. The association will agree in writing three members, one of whom shall be the treasurer, to sign cheques on behalf of the association. All cheques must be signed by not less than two of the authorised signatories and no blank cheques must be signed in advance

• The management committee shall ensure that proper accounting records are kept and maintained in accordance with all applicable statutory requirements

• The management committee shall prepare annual accounts complying with all relevant statutory requirements. Where external scrutiny is required under any statutory provisions or the bank balance exceeds £25,000 or if they otherwise think fit, they shall ensure that externally scrutiny of such accounts is carried out by a suitably qualified person

• A statement of the suitably prepared (and where applicable externally scrutinised) accounts for the last financial year will be submitted by the management committee to the group’s AGM

8. Rules & Discipline

• Monies – from all events to be paid to the treasurer within 14 days of the event, a small float can be agreed with the treasurer when necessary

• Conflicts of Interest – Committee members must not approach any sponsor of the Association in an attempt to gain sponsorship for other associations/clubs they are involved with

• Public Forums – committee members should maintain proper standards of behaviour when posting on public forums and especially with regard to WAP

• If any member behaves in a manner considered to be detrimental to the Association they will be invited to attend a general meeting to discuss the matter and the Committees decision will be final

9. Dissolution

• If the management committee determines that it is necessary or appropriate that the association is dissolved, it shall convene a meeting of the members – a minimum of 21 days’ notice of the meeting, stating the terms of the proposed resolution, shall be given

• If a proposal by the management committee to dissolve the association is confirmed by a two-thirds majority of those present and voting, the committee will have the power to dispose of any assets held by or on behalf of the association. Any assets remaining after satisfaction of the debts and liabilities of the association shall be transferred to St Johnstone FC.

10. Alterations to the Constitution

• The constitution may be altered by a resolution passed by not less than two thirds of those present and voting at an AGM or Special General Meeting, providing due notice of the meeting and of the resolution is given

Great stuff but unfortunately after some good nights at Barossa I let my membership wane after continually hearing committee members talk about their beloved Sevco/Rangers, and feel that is an issue which will need addressed by others but could impact your initiative great stuff as always and again I wish as I have always done you every success

Edited by The Juggernaut

Great stuff but unfortunately after some good nights at Barossa I let my membership wane after continually hearing committee members talk about their beloved Sevco/Rangers, and feel that is an issue which will need addressed by others but could impact your initiative

i smell shoite.

Great stuff but unfortunately after some good nights at Barossa I let my membership wane after continually hearing committee members talk about their beloved Sevco/Rangers, and feel that is an issue which will need addressed by others but could impact your initiative great stuff as always and again I wish as I have always done you every success

I was in the club for a pint several weeks ago and there were two couples in letting their young kids run around the pool room and then the guys started singing songs from the blue side of a sectarian bent too, all went unchallenged.

I drank my pint and left and it's put me off using the club as often as I'd like.

Unfortunately the club itself has to accept Patrons from all walks of life -but come matchday its normally only Saints supporters that are in there to get the bus up to the game - The more that use it (Saints supporters that is) the merrier it will be

Agree Ancient that in financial climate they have to accept all patrons, but as fazman has highlighted there needs to be some common ground and enforcement of rules. WAP has done great stuff in supplementing the funds of the (alleged) Saints club but as long as committee is entrenched with apathy towards the breaches of rules and common sense due to their support of a certain football club and in my opinion this may hinder relations toward the football club (right or wrong is not my call) hopefully this does not impact on the bus and other ventures that you guys have. Again I wish you all success

Although not great at putting point across I hope you can pick up what I mean

Edited by The Juggernaut

Agree Ancient that in financial climate they have to accept all patrons, but as fazman has highlighted there needs to be some common ground and enforcement of rules. WAP has done great stuff in supplementing the funds of the (alleged) Saints club but as long as committee is entrenched with apathy towards the breaches of rules and common sense due to their support of a certain football club and in my opinion this may hinder relations toward the football club (right or wrong is not my call) hopefully this does not impact on the bus and other ventures that you guys have. Again I wish you all success

Although not great at putting point across I hope you can pick up what I mean

Yeah I get yer point ---Hopefully everyone reading this will realise that the "Committee" of the CLUB are not the same as the committee of the WAP Barossa Street Saints ( who have NO representation on the CLUB committee) .

I was in the club for a pint several weeks ago and there were two couples in letting their young kids run around the pool room and then the guys started singing songs from the blue side of a sectarian bent too, all went unchallenged.

I drank my pint and left and it's put me off using the club as often as I'd like.

I have been in the club loads of times and never heard a single song sectarian or other wise apart from the organised events such as the 5 bus loads of Celtic fans or the 130 Bristol City fans.

i think you have been a bit unlucky but please dont let it put you off.

Will have a wee word next time I am in, hope to see you soon.

And well done to Tranmeresaint for putting the constitution together.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been in the club loads of times and never heard a single song sectarian or other wise apart from the organised events such as the 5 bus loads of Celtic fans or the 130 Bristol City fans.

i think you have been a bit unlucky but please dont let it put you off.

Will have a wee word next time I am in, hope to see you soon.

And well done to Tranmeresaint for putting the constitution together.

To be fair, I hadn't seen these folk in the club before or since then. It may just have been because the Scotland game had been on that afternoon.

I've been in to the club a couple of weekends ago and enjoyed my afternoon watching the football and sinking a few pints.

On 10/11/2012 at 7:22 PM, Tranmere Saintee said:

CONSTITUTION OF WE ARE PERTH BAROSSA STREET ST JOHNSTONE SUPPORTERS CLUB

1. Name

The name of the association is We Are Perth Barossa Street St Johnstone Supporters Club (Known hereafter as the Association)

2. Objects

• To promote and raise the profile of St Johnstone Football Club

• To raise funds, primarily towards the youth development squads

• To run supporters buses to both home and away games

• To encourage all interested parties to become members of The Barossa Street Club

3. Membership

• As we will not operate a formal paid membership then Membership of the Association is open to all

• Membership of The Barossa Street Club is separate from the Association but is preferred

• To become an office bearer or to be eligible to vote at an AGM or EGM then membership of The Barossa Street Club is required

4. General Meetings

• The management committee shall convene an annual general meeting (or AGM) in each year, not more than fifteen months after the previous AGM

• The business of each AGM will include:-

 after the first AGM, agree the minutes of the previous AGM

 a report by the Chairperson

 presentation of the Associations financial accounts for the year

 election/re-election of members of the management committee

 any other business which has been submitted to the secretary not less than seven days prior to the AGM

• Notice for an AGM shall be a minimum of 21 days and will be posted on the Associations section on the We Are Perth forum

• Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) – may be convened at any time if

 called for by the Secretary or Chairperson

 60% of the management committee

 called for, in writing, by at least 10 ordinary members

• Notice for an EGM will be a minimum of 14 days via the Associations Forum page and will state the business to be discussed

5. Rules For General Meetings

• The date for the next general meeting will be agreed at each meeting and confirmed by the secretary via the minutes

• No business will be dealt with at any meeting unless a quorum is present; the quorum will be a minimum of 5 members present in person

• The meeting will be controlled by the chairperson, or in their absence the vice-chairperson or an agreed member of the management committee

• All questions arising at any meeting shall be decided by a simple majority of votes cast by members (who are entitled to one vote) who are present

• In the event of a tied vote on any resolution, the chairperson will have the casting vote

6. Management committee

• The maximum number of members of the management committee will be no more than 12, the minimum number will be 5

• The management committee may at any time appoint any member to be a member of the committee

• A member of the management committee must declare a personal interest in any transaction or other arrangement which the association is proposing to enter into and he or she will be debarred from voting on the matter in question

• Members of the management committee may claim any reasonable expenses incurred in carrying out their duties

• The management committee may, at its discretion, invite any non-member to attend and speak at any committee meeting but they will not be entitled to vote

• The management committee may decide, where appropriate, to have closed meetings which will not be open to any other than committee members

7. Accounts

• A bank account shall be opened in the name of the association. The association will agree in writing three members, one of whom shall be the treasurer, to sign cheques on behalf of the association. All cheques must be signed by not less than two of the authorised signatories and no blank cheques must be signed in advance

• The management committee shall ensure that proper accounting records are kept and maintained in accordance with all applicable statutory requirements

• The management committee shall prepare annual accounts complying with all relevant statutory requirements. Where external scrutiny is required under any statutory provisions or the bank balance exceeds £25,000 or if they otherwise think fit, they shall ensure that externally scrutiny of such accounts is carried out by a suitably qualified person

• A statement of the suitably prepared (and where applicable externally scrutinised) accounts for the last financial year will be submitted by the management committee to the group’s AGM

8. Rules & Discipline

• Monies – from all events to be paid to the treasurer within 14 days of the event, a small float can be agreed with the treasurer when necessary

• Conflicts of Interest – Committee members must not approach any sponsor of the Association in an attempt to gain sponsorship for other associations/clubs they are involved with

• Public Forums – committee members should maintain proper standards of behaviour when posting on public forums and especially with regard to WAP

• If any member behaves in a manner considered to be detrimental to the Association they will be invited to attend a general meeting to discuss the matter and the Committees decision will be final

9. Dissolution

• If the management committee determines that it is necessary or appropriate that the association is dissolved, it shall convene a meeting of the members – a minimum of 21 days’ notice of the meeting, stating the terms of the proposed resolution, shall be given

• If a proposal by the management committee to dissolve the association is confirmed by a two-thirds majority of those present and voting, the committee will have the power to dispose of any assets held by or on behalf of the association. Any assets remaining after satisfaction of the debts and liabilities of the association shall be transferred to St Johnstone FC.

10. Alterations to the Constitution

• The constitution may be altered by a resolution passed by not less than two thirds of those present and voting at an AGM or Special General Meeting, providing due notice of the meeting and of the resolution is given

When was the last Agm, who are the office bearers , and where are the minutes.

On 7/11/2019 at 10:56 AM, sixties saintee said:

Still awaiting answers on why no buses at end of last season, no one forth coming.

They are doing the accounts.

"• The management committee shall ensure that proper accounting records are kept and maintained in accordance with all applicable statutory requirements"