Murray Davidson

john1962

Still not sure why they fly Miller all the way from Vancouver (are they out of season ?) for a friendly that is supposed to help build for the future

Considering McGregor hasn't been asked to travel from Turkey it is a crazy decision to take Miller on the trip.

Nothing against the guy, always given his all, but for the first game since Levein's reign and looking to the future it doesn't appear the smartest decision.

Anyway, back on topic - congratulations Muzz!

Gilks

Whittaker - Berra - Hanley - Dixon

Kelly - Fletcher - Davidson

Naismith

Rhodes - Miller

For me. Didn't realise it was such a small inexperienced squad, would imagine most folk get a game.

that formation is far too attack minded for scotland, in saying that Stark is a different man and played 2 upfront with the U21's

I can't imagine he'll start. Whether he plays or not will depend on the system Stark adopts and whether he sees Naismith and/or Mulgrey playing in the midfield. While 4-5-1 is Scotland's preferred formation, the question is whether or not we do that or a 4-4-2 or a 4-4-1-1 against a side like Luxembourg. I'd actually expect Mulgrew to start on the left, Commons on the right and Naismith playing just behind a striker (Rhodes or Miller).

Darren Fletcher obviously starts in the centre mid position - so then you've to choose between Barr, Kelly and Davidson for the other starting role.

I can't imagine he'll start. Whether he plays or not will depend on the system Stark adopts and whether he sees Naismith and/or Mulgrey playing in the midfield. While 4-5-1 is Scotland's preferred formation, the question is whether or not we do that or a 4-4-2 or a 4-4-1-1 against a side like Luxembourg. I'd actually expect Mulgrew to start on the left, Commons on the right and Naismith playing just behind a striker (Rhodes or Miller).

Darren Fletcher obviously starts in the centre mid position - so then you've to choose between Barr, Kelly and Davidson for the other starting role.

I think it's likely to be Kelly starting - Stark seems quite taken by him.

I just want him to get some game time really - he really has earned it. FIngers crossed he's given long enough to hopefully make an impression.

Guest Mongy Max

What Scotland need to do now is play Davidson, watt, Rhodes, feruz Islam or whatever he is called. Bring through these guys now in friendlies and the rest of the group matches rather than play in their comfort zone and look shell shocked when they do get full caps.

I know John Connoly got a Scottish leagues cap. I remember it from the wee red book when I was a nipper.

John Connolly DID play for Scoland. As older Saintees will know, "summer tours" games for Scotland were not that long ago classed as "non-cap" games. Seems incredible now, but true. He played once, against Switzerland away. I still remember me Da telling me he missed an open goal from 4 yards, which scuppered his chances for the future. Wikki actually refers to him asan internationalist.

Some stats sites have John O'Neil as a Saints player when he was capped. He signed for DU in the same week, and it's not certain whether he was technicaly Saints or DU when he was capped.

NONE of this reduces one iota how brilliant it willl be if Murray gets on tm.

John Connolly DID play for Scoland. As older Saintees will know, "summer tours" games for Scotland were not that long ago classed as "non-cap" games. Seems incredible now, but true. He played once, against Switzerland away. I still remember me Da telling me he missed an open goal from 4 yards, which scuppered his chances for the future. Wikki actually refers to him asan internationalist.

He did play against Switzerland in Berne, but he was at Everton by then.

Well done, Muzz.

Edited by Born2Bru

Went on the top four betting websites to see what price Murray was for scoring goal/first goal....no mention of him on either four.

Went on BBC SPorts website............not mentioned or updated in the squad page for Luxembourg game......Disgrace.

Hopefully he will get his chance and be a household name for ever more