Murray Davidson

john1962

saints need to give muzza a new 3 year contract asap

Someone said he's out of contract next summer. Very sadly therefore the best and most likely scenario all round is we get a few hundred grand in the January sales, and use the cash to continue to keep the club financially stable, and help keep the rest of the squad togethr, or even improve it.

Would be delighted if anyone could show keeping him is viable - that would mean minimum £5 - £10k a week,surely?

What kind of money is he on now?

Pounds Sterling.

At a guess, given all appearance money, bonuses etc, less than 50k a year, and quite possibly less than 40k, which is a disgrace. That's not a criticism of the club.

Have many of you haveconsidered that you probably take home more than some Saints players you scream at cos a 50 yard pass was 2 inches short? I only say that cos the Beloved does, almost every night........

Is that £50k about average for the SPL other than Celtic?

is that about average for St Johnstone?

Mate, I'm totally guessing.

My guess would be that's probably more than almost all the Saints team, and that probably most other SPL teams pay more.

I would guess that the max a Saints player can earn is around 2 times average wage in this country - say, fiftyk. Obviouslycertain players would be on more, and obviously if they won a cup it would increase vastly. I have a suspicion it's less at Saints, and a lot, lot less ifyou're on the margins of the sqad.

A decent tradesman in Scotland could beat that.

Footy wages are very difficult to estimate, because they are so appearance - results etc - depandant. The point I want to make is that, when the 18 year old fecks up a pass, obviously criticise, but bear in mind he might be earning half what you are....

Mate, I'm totally guessing.

My guess would be that's probably more than almost all the Saints team, and that probably most other SPL teams pay more.

I would guess that the max a Saints player can earn is around 2 times average wage in this country - say, fiftyk. Obviouslycertain players would be on more, and obviously if they won a cup it would increase vastly. I have a suspicion it's less at Saints, and a lot, lot less ifyou're on the margins of the sqad.

A decent tradesman in Scotland could beat that.

Footy wages are very difficult to estimate, because they are so appearance - results etc - depandant. The point I want to make is that, when the 18 year old fecks up a pass, obviously criticise, but bear in mind he might be earning half what you are....

Thanks for clarifying. I was listening to one of the podcasts and Tam McManus was on, who now plays for the Rochester Rhinos of the USL (US 3rd division).

I'm not positive, but I'm guessing he makes close to, or maybe more than Muzz does. Plus the lower taxes in the US, lower cost of living (probably 5-10%), plus I'm guessing Tam probably does some youth coaching or clinics and makes a bit more on the side.

Figure Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts, Dundee United all pay more, but the rest are probably in that range (basing this on attendance).

Pounds Sterling.

At a guess, given all appearance money, bonuses etc, less than 50k a year, and quite possibly less than 40k, which is a disgrace. That's not a criticism of the club.

Have many of you haveconsidered that you probably take home more than some Saints players you scream at cos a 50 yard pass was 2 inches short? I only say that cos the Beloved does, almost every night........

Wait what? You think it's a disgrace that a relatively young professional football player only earns 40-50k a year??

Why would he be on any more??