Mk V Afc

SingaporeSaint

I have close connections to Wimbledon. My wife used to work in Nelson's under the stand at the old ground. I have pictures of her holding the FA Cup with Vinnie Jones. AFC fans at one time said they would refuse to play MK but it is inevitable after the replay last night. Faither in law still does the greyhounds at Wimbledon as well.

I think our own Wapper MY SPAZZ works the turnstyle for AFC at Surbiton. Hope these franchise cheats from MK get what they deserve.....tanked !

My wife used to work in Nelson's under the stand at the old ground.

Nice!

As a few of you know, i do the turnstiles at AFC - volunteer, and have done so for about 6 years. I used to go to Plough lane when chelsea were away from home, or i was not in Scotland.

AFC Wimbledon are a class club. MK are a sad reminder of what money does in football. I won't go to the match.

AFC has a history going back 120 years. I doubt MK will reach that milestone - ever.

There is no place in football for franchising.

Always find it strange that there isn t the same dislike of Livingston and Airdrie in Scotland as there is for MK Dons as both these clubs did exactly the same thing.

Not that anyone shows any like for Livingston or Airdrie either I suppose.

i will always remember them they stole meadowbank and clydebank.however our record against those teams was pish so maybe i should be grateful.

My brother in law took me to see Wimbledon versus Scunthorpe in 1978 when I was 8, second game I ever went to (Alan Cork has curly hair and a tache!), supported them ever since. My late father who did not even like football took me to games and had some of my happiest memories of time spent with him at Plough Lane, followed them all the way through the leagues, was at Wembley for the Cup Final and my friend got me seats for the Directors box for my 18th birthday after which I met most of the players, Beasant, Fash, Dennis Wise etc. Also went to school with Bobby Gould's son. Was totally devastated when the owners moved the club to Milton Keynes and have followed AFC ever since even though I now live in Perthshire and have adopted the Saints as my Scottish team and go to pretty much every home game with my two sons who have got the bug. My oldest bought me an AFC Wimbledon Keep the Faith T shirt last Xmas.

What happened should never have been allowed, is still the only organisation I have made a financial investment in (when I really could not afford it and have never received a penny back). I have very mixed feelings about the game with MK, can completely understand fans wishing to boycott as could be perceived as legitimising the fake Dons, on the other hand really would love to get one over on them and team could do with the support as having seen the York game the other day will start as massive underdogs.

Great to see the link with the past currently in place with Ardley as manager and Sullivan in goal. The memories of the various bloody noses given to big teams during the 80's and 90's still make me smile to this day, I was at Plough Lane for one of Ferguson's first games in charge of Man Utd when a certain Vinny Jones scored the winner on his home debut.

Urge all Saints fans to get behind the real Dons for this game. Just imagine if the club was moved to Edinburgh or Glasgow with no consideration of the impact on the local community.

I think AFC fans should just move on. They've got their club and its doing pretty well considering where they have come from. I'm guessing that the supporters of MK Dons will, by and large, be new supporters and there won't be that many who moved with the club when it abandoned Wimbledon. And I'm sure that they will have absolutely nothing against AFC and it's fans. Support your team. What happened in the past let stay in the past (that said MK Dons should just drop the Dons as that would irk if I supported AFC Wimbledon)

MKD have dropped their entitlement to the history of Wimbledon from the point they moved as a franchise, ridiculous they tried to keep it anyway :roll:

What is done is done but out of respect I think that MK should drop the "dons" tag. AFC have done extremely well to get as far as they have in 10 years.

I think most neutral and honest football fans will want AFC to win this one.

To get an AFC fans view have a read of this.

http://widerinterest...-milton-keynes/

That is one view - the lass, Alice, who wrote it is a young "purist" fan, part of a 'in crowd' at AFC. There are a few of them on twitter...

there is a more progressive view which goes roughly along the lines of "We go there are AFC, and accomplished something new by reaching the 3rd round for the first time in the history of the club - and emulate what the club has done for the past 9 years with 7 promotions by being groundbreaking. MK are a shill for club, copy and thief.