Youth Development

jamie

Thanks for clarifying. Would be good news if I can indeed rid myself of the notion we are welcoming back something of a judas.

Given Roddy and the Broons seem so chuffed about it, I guess they will know far better than me!

Hardly a judas - he was made redundant by Saints when we were relegated last (as far as I remember anyway). He maybe picked up a few players, but I doubt it was anyone that we wanted to keep anyway.

I thought he left, stating he was going back to teaching only to sign for hibs a short time later. Am I thinking of someone else

I'm sure the club cut the youth programme following relegation, and that was why he left? Not quite sure right enough, might be wrong.

4G doesn't exist I'm afraid. We are still on 3G. The surface at McDiarmid is one of the first 3G in the UK still in use. It does need replaced and should have been after maximum ten years use (it is now over fourteen years old)

Spartak Moscow quote there surface as being 4g as does Edinburgh University's new pitch at Peffermill. Stirling Uni has also put ina new pitch which is shown as 4g.

As you say the pitch was originally l;aid in 1998 after Callums transfer to Blackburn.

This can IMHO be described as great news for all local aspiring youth players, (Not TC,s ill health) It has been common knowledge for years that TC is of the opinion that local boys are not capable of achieving anything west coast boys can, and being an "Honourable Man" he will be the first to admit as much. I'm afraid that the results speak for themselves, and Alastair Stevensons results cannot be denied. Ex youth players, but more importantly, present youth players should be over the moon with these changes. Good luck Mr Stevenson, you are going to need it, you are going to have to use your new broom to change the old school attitudes which are currently poisoning the Saints Youth , and have cost the club dearly over recent years by turning away potential lifetime supporters.

I played at broadwood a few Saturdays ago in a charity game - it's 4G! Great surface, far better than 3G

That is just a brand new surface they have laid. Strange thing with Broadwood is that it is now owned and run by a youth team Cumbernauld Colts, they were given the money to put in the surface from the Scottish Government cash back from criminals and some other grants. Now lease it to Clyde for league matches.

Spartak Moscow quote there surface as being 4g as does Edinburgh University's new pitch at Peffermill. Stirling Uni has also put ina new pitch which is shown as 4g.

As you say the pitch was originally l;aid in 1998 after Callums transfer to Blackburn.

They only say 4G because they want to try to convince folk that their pitch is the best. Trust me, 4G does not exist...

4G doesn't exist..... I work for a manufacturer of synthetic turf.

1G is green outdoor carpet like the original astroturf. 2G is short pile (under 25mm) filled with sand. 3G is up to 65mm pile height filled with a mixture of sand, ground up rubber granules or equivalent.

There is no surface around which has overtaken the 3G technology and there won't be for quite some time.

4G doesn't exist..... I work for a manufacturer of synthetic turf.

1G is green outdoor carpet like the original astroturf. 2G is short pile (under 25mm) filled with sand. 3G is up to 65mm pile height filled with a mixture of sand, ground up rubber granules or equivalent.

There is no surface around which has overtaken the 3G technology and there won't be for quite some time.

Don't our old sponsors Bonar supply the fibres for 4G turf? Coolgrass?

The high school pitch leaves loads of rubber granules on my trainers (especially when wet ), the missus is always complaining when i bring them right through the house . 3g it is then pablo .

their a pain in the ass! the pitch at dalgety bay is just wee rubber bits they forgot to lay the astroturf 1st