Saints V Hibs Wed 28/11/12 K-O 7.45Pm

The ghost of Jim Morton

Watching on BBC Alba and was a definite pen, Wotherspoon lashed out and caught Dave's trailing leg. Poor pen, too close to the keeper and an easy height to save. Mannus probably should have done better with the goal, got a hand but was slow going down as was close to him

I never, ever thought (a) I would disagree with a Jamie Beatson post and (B) defend that odious wee turd Griffiths - but we were the architects of our own downfall tonight, as follows:

1. Wright gets booked for dissent. He knows he's on a suspension for his next yellow, so to get a card for dissent is stupid (to be fair, he played very well otherwise).

2.(Obviously) Nigel should never be allowed to take the penalty (it could also be argued that there was no need for him to be on the park in the first place, as we were all over them at the time of the substitution).

3. Mannus (not for the first time it must be said), looks slow to react to a scuffed shot, and it sneaks in. I'd like to see Tuffey get a chance at Cowdenbeath on Saturday.

4. The game re-starts after the Robertson horror injury, and odious wee turd kicks the ball back towards Mannus - but it (clearly by accident) hits our defender. Odius wee turd does not aggressively chase down the ball as Jamie says, but actually hangs back for a second, until he realises that our defence has cocked up the clearance - only then (as he is fully entitled to do under the laws of the game) does he go and make the challenge. Even though the ensuing danger is cleared, Mackay reacts aggressively to odius wee turd when there is no need to do so and gives the referee little choice but to show the red card. I do agree that odius wee turd's actions were probably a wee bit unsportsmanlike, but his instincts as a striker took over and he committed no offence - so the referee (another arse) had.no powers to do anything.

5. Meanwhile, Lomas is sent to the stand yet again - and we now hear he was shown a red card after the match as well! With that sort of example being set by the manager, it is no wonder the players are undisciplined.

Good points - Muzz superb, Miller very good, really great fight throughout the team. Yes of course we should have won, of course Hibs mugged us, but that happens in football (I remember us beating them 1-0 at Easter Road in a midweek game about 25 years ago and it was daylight robbery)

What is UNACCEPTABLE is us bringing defeat upon ourselves, due to a combination of poor managerial decisions and poor discipline by some individual players.

I never, ever thought (a) I would disagree with a Jamie Beatson post and (B)/> defend that odious wee turd Griffiths - but we were the architects of our own downfall tonight, as follows:

1. Wright gets booked for dissent. He knows he's on a suspension for his next yellow, so to get a card for dissent is stupid (to be fair, he played very well otherwise).

2.(Obviously) Nigel should never be allowed to take the penalty (it could also be argued that there was no need for him to be on the park in the first place, as we were all over them at the time of the substitution).

3. Mannus (not for the first time it must be said), looks slow to react to a scuffed shot, and it sneaks in. I'd like to see Tuffey get a chance at Cowdenbeath on Saturday.

4. The game re-starts after the Robertson horror injury, and odious wee turd kicks the ball back towards Mannus - but it (clearly by accident) hits our defender. Odius wee turd does not aggressively chase down the ball as Jamie says, but actually hangs back for a second, until he realises that our defence has cocked up the clearance - only then (as he is fully entitled to do under the laws of the game) does he go and make the challenge. Even though the ensuing danger is cleared, Mackay reacts aggressively to odius wee turd when there is no need to do so and gives the referee little choice but to show the red card. I do agree that odius wee turd's actions were probably a wee bit unsportsmanlike, but his instincts as a striker took over and he committed no offence - so the referee (another arse) had.no powers to do anything.

5. Meanwhile, Lomas is sent to the stand yet again - and we now hear he was shown a red card after the match as well! With that sort of example being set by the manager, it is no wonder the players are undisciplined.

Good points - Muzz superb, Miller very good, really great fight throughout the team. Yes of course we should have won, of course Hibs mugged us, but that happens in football (I remember us beating them 1-0 at Easter Road in a midweek game about 25 years ago and it was daylight robbery)

What is UNACCEPTABLE is us bringing defeat upon ourselves, due to a combination of poor managerial decisions and poor discipline by some individual players.

I am still too disappointed / raging / disgusted to write such a measured post.

Well done

Edited by Edstar101

Still raging thompson was a joke tade beats their defence on 18 yard line gets brought down and their player only gets a yellow ????????

That's a good point....Tade was clean through and no other Hibs defender was getting to him. should have been red.

Then Maybury doesn't get booked for a pull back on the edge of the box. I thought the directives were that that was a booking every time?

Still raging thompson was a joke tade beats their defence on 18 yard line gets brought down and their player only gets a yellow ????????

Even worse was the one in the 2nd half when the same happened, a foul was given but their defender was not even spoken to. Completely inconsistent, but exactly what we have come to expect from Craig Thompson.

Why would anyone want to change things when we are well on top? Did he want Hibs to get back into the game? If we were losing or playing badly then change it I agree but someone at the game said to me, he never seems to correctly change it when we are struggling.

I am also glad you think his behaviour on the sidelines is acceptable.

We were on top but we were not scoring. Vine gave the ball away 3 times in a row just before he was subbed. He put on a wide attacking player in Hasselbank.

I bet you were one of those that moaned about Stark standing with his arms folded. Christ our manager kicked a bottle and sent a cushion up in the air. Massive crime obviously in your eyes. He has passion he cares about his players and about the team as a whole good on him!!!

Good performance but punished for not taking our chances,, looked a bad one for Davie Robertson,hope its not as bad as it seemed. Leigh Griffiths is an exciting football talent and I would hope he would look back on his actions after Robbos injury and be embarressed but frankly I doubt it, just seen goal again on TV and Mannus doesn't look to clever with goal. Didn't play well last Saturday and won and played far better tonight and got beat.

I never, ever thought (a) I would disagree with a Jamie Beatson post and ( B) defend that odious wee turd Griffiths - but we were the architects of our own downfall tonight, as follows:.

Are you being serious??

The clown hammers the ball up field and then follows in on the player who has it chasing him down after playing the ball 50 yards up the park. In your eyes that is okay?

And if it accidently hit the defender it makes it even more absurd taht he chased it down.

I think you will find that a player in the Champions league has just been suspended for 1 game for scoring form a restart after an injury. You play the ball back and you reset yourself you dont rush at the opposition.

That's a good point....Tade was clean through and no other Hibs defender was getting to him. should have been red.

Then Maybury doesn't get booked for a pull back on the edge of the box. I thought the directives were that that was a booking every time?

I think Tade was going away from goal. Yellow for me

We were on top but we were not scoring. Vine gave the ball away 3 times in a row just before he was subbed. He put on a wide attacking player in Hasselbank.

I bet you were one of those that moaned about Stark standing with his arms folded. Christ our manager kicked a bottle and sent a cushion up in the air. Massive crime obviously in your eyes. He has passion he cares about his players and about the team as a whole good on him!!!

Have you seen our disciplinary record? How many have we had sent off this year? He sets a poor example and the Chairman needs to have a word. Tell him to sit in the stand if he doesnt know how to behave. While he is throwing a tantrum what isn't he doing? I will answer that for you he isnt concentrating on the game. He is too consumed in his own rage to be detached to do anything about what is happening on the pitch therefore he is a waste. The penalty situation was a disgrace for a professional football club. Teams at a much lower level understand who takes penalties before the game starts.

I certainly did not criticise Stark for that. I criticised him for a lot of other things though

On another day we would've won comfortably. But I've been saying that all ****ing season. I remember saying at the start of the season that we wouldn't miss Sandaza as we replaced them with Vine, Tade, Hasselbaink, Beattie and MacLean. What I didn't realise is none of them are actually strikers. Tade and MacLean do a lot of running but I'd happily put money on them missing 90% of chances they get. Hasselbaink's beyond useless the majority of the time, Vine's got the brains but the bodies obviously been savaged by injuries. And Beattie's harder to spot than the invisible ****ing man mad.gif

Questions continue in my head over MacLean. He's missed some ridiculous sitters lately and tonight, 4 yards out with the goal gaping, he passed it to the keeper huh.gif I know he's smart on the ball and works hard but he's shit. Tade should be up top, he's less shit and doesn't deserve to be dropped or subbed off to accommodate MacLean. If we had a decent striker we'd be top.

I'd like to apologise for anyone in my vicinity after the penalty. A 5 minute tirade starting at Liam Craig for not taking the penalty ended with my pointing at MacLean and Hasselbaink, calling them useless c***s and telling them they've cost us about 3 games between them. Hasselbaink looked right at me and slunk off while MacLean disappeared from the game after. I'd like to apologise to them for it but I'm not going too tonight, they have cost us games and they need to improve.

I am totally with you on the missing sandaza bit. Maclean had disappeared from the game well before that.

Saying that, the only hibs players i would bring in would be McGivern? CH from man city? If Griffiths the prickiths leaves he will be the only player capable of keeping them in the top six, and maybe williams their monster keeper.

I have been a fan of mannus for a few years, even before he signed for saints. when he signed I was tres excited. unfortunately, he has turned out to be not very good. I would rather haves encks back, and he was good but dodgy. Mannus? likes to throw shapes at the ball, and hopes stylish dives will keep it out. Doesnt work like that alan. you have to get your body, arm, leg, nearest defender in the way. Stop being such a shite bag and man up.

most detrimental tonight? LOMAS for playing Vine in right mid. All fair and well, Vine is a decent player, but the wide open spaces in front of miller as Vine drifted in side, or over to the left side screamed out for, dare i say it, a lee croft type.

I dont want to look back, but people have regularly commented that LomASS best quality has been his eye for a player? has he improved on sandaza and croft? there in lies the difference....

we battered them from back to (almost) front for 75 minutes. There was no conjoinity from midfield to attack, so the forwards were wandering around, driffting off side, or coming too deep. a decent manager would have seen this and swapped robbo for vine much sooner (heresay moment) leaving robbo injury free.

too pissed of to go on

it is fairly obvious that god hates saints

i dont think we have won any meaningful game... the odd first div, the (very) odd lower league cup, but frank's sake, we seem to be destined to be the nearly men.

oh well

ooft where to start?

after their keeper having a go at Maclean you just knew he was going to save the pen. it wasnt a bad pen but a good height for the keeper. as for the taker, surely that has to be decided in training.

i dont mean to state the obvious but Griffiths is a complete wee fud! what he did at the drop ball was ridiculous then he squares up to Dave, i suppose the law is red if you lift your hands but he was just getting him out his face.

as for Robbo-i need to see it again but im sure the hibs boy went over the ball , even then with all the saints players an ref seeing to robbo - griffiths was up greetin tae the ref.

folk moaning at the subs ? well vine wasnt in the game and id been shouting for nigel to replace him, sounds like tade was injured and robbo definately was so you cant blame lomas for that

Had Hasslebaink scored the pen we would all be on here delighted. We played well. We should have known when we signed the likes of Hasslebaink and Tade we'd have frustrating nights. If they could finish they'd be playing at a higher level.

Yes, of course, if he had scored we would have been delighted. But, the point is the total disbelief in the stand when everybody realised he was taking it and the murmurs of 'no way is he scoring' etc that could be heard all around.

I'm still totally spewing this morning

I was confident the wee guy would score and watched (unlike the 2 ladies in front of me-which is probably the first tiime in ages ive had 2 burds look at me) -he hit it well and the keeper guessed correctly- Liam was quickest to the rebound and the keeper made another guid save - Cuptie and Liam have both made their fair share of spot kick misses in the past.

Penalties are a 50/50 chance irrespective of who takes them.

Maybe Mainstand (who watches Saints train regularly) can tell us IF Saints practice penalties and who is are the "Regulars"

LOMAS says he didnt want NH to take the kick -So why wasnt that message relayed to NH -Communication breakdown perhaps !!

I thought we played reasonably well ( for a change) but we faded (probably tiredness -and again Mainstand can maybe tell us IF the training sessions are sapping the stamina out of the players or are they generall lazy).

The sending off was odd (for me anyway) as it appeared Griffiths was sticking his head in Daves face-so if anything Both should have gone.

The keeper didn't guess properly. If you watch Nigel in replays, he totally telegraphed where he was putting it, therefore it would have needed to be stuck right in the corner to give the keeper no chance. It was also at a poor height, making the save easier.

The follow up save was excellent, Liam struck it well

Edited by Edstar101