January Signings

RandomGuy

Tonight's just confirmed doubts about a few players in my mind. I think in January we almost certainly need to try and find a goalkeeper and goalscorer, as Mannus isn't good enough and none of our strikers are clinical enough for our style of play. Any suggestions?

I suggest you go and sit in a dark room,the performance was fine,result disappointing,but we have a good squad and will be fine this year.Where do you think the money would come from?

I suggest you go and sit in a dark room,the performance was fine,result disappointing,but we have a good squad and will be fine this year.Where do you think the money would come from?

Beatties wages. We are a good team yes, but Mannus is a weak link. And we don't have any striker I'd fancy on a one-on-one, which is useless if you're pushing for top 6 this season

What a shambles of a thread. We were the better team tonight watching on Alba. Football is a game, sometimes you lose

agreed but tonight is not the1st time Mannus has struggled with a shot along the ground, time to give Tuffey a shot for me and a cup game at lower league opposition is a good opportunity to do so

Mannus is still okay in my books. Still, no harm in Tuffey getting a game on Saturday. Get a bit of real competition for the keeper spot.

Have some of you forgotten what a bombscare Enks was at cross balls, set pieces and his kicking and charging out of his box were suspect. Did you see him when he came on for Hearts against Celtic a while back? He was all over the shop

Mannus is also a bombscare at cross balls and his kicking is worse than Encks. At least Encks made top saves regularly and his handling was exceptional. Mannus is too bulky to be a goalie, he's about as agile as a rhino with arthritis.

Edited by Broon

I like Mannus.

Alan Main couldnt kick it right.

Enks fecked up in a lot of games for us (Semi final ) a prime example -and he fecked up when the Jambos previously played Celtic .

Seen Tuffey in u/20 games and he doesnt command his area and is also slow at getting down to shots.

The goal last night wsnt just down to Mannus -it was poor defending beforehand.

I like Mannus.

Alan Main couldnt kick it right.

Enks fecked up in a lot of games for us (Semi final ) a prime example -and he fecked up when the Jambos previously played Celtic .

Seen Tuffey in u/20 games and he doesnt command his area and is also slow at getting down to shots.

The goal last night wsnt just down to Mannus -it was poor defending beforehand.

and a big slice of luck to Hibs. The 'through' ball by Griffiths was a complete mis-kick shot and the finish wasn't connected with properly either. You could maybe excuse Mannus thinking that he was going to have to try and throw himself infront of a blasted effort, therefore, the scuffed trundler deceived him

I don't think we necessarily need anyone new. If Beattie eventually gets himself fit, and if we can keep Pawlett to the end of the season, that would do us. Both of them would vastly improve our options.

I was saying the other night that I thought Kevin Moon might be on his way out the door in January, but given David Robertson's injury last night could we see him making a return to the squad?

I don't think we necessarily need anyone new. If Beattie eventually gets himself fit, and if we can keep Pawlett to the end of the season, that would do us. Both of them would vastly improve our options.

I was saying the other night that I thought Kevin Moon might be on his way out the door in January, but given David Robertson's injury last night could we see him making a return to the squad?

Im sorry for Robbo, but I think that this will obviously force Lomas's hand in regards to both Moon and Caddis. Hopefully they can step up.