Away Prices For Kids

Strawman

Was just looking at the prices for St Mirren on saturday as think I'll head down.

Am I the only one though that is getting fed up seeing our kids getting charged way in excess of what the away fans get charged at McDiarmid.

An U12 in the Home end at St Mirren is either £5 or £2 depending what stand they go in. An U12 in the away end though is £10.

Inverness this season charged £12 for an under 12.

So an adult taking two kids to Paisley ( like I'll be doing sat ) will pay £42 to get in.

It was £46 to get into Inverness.

A St Mirren/Inverness fan bringing his kids to Perth though can get in for £15.

Saints have to be applauded for their prices and I just wish we could get some bigger crowds that they deserve.

Is there anything St Johnstone could do though to shame these other clubs into a bit more parity. Paying 3 times as much to see the same game at a different ground just doesnt seem right.

I realise its not Saints fault or problem over what other clubs charge, I presume they wouldnt be allowed to only offer the deal they do to other clubs who recipricate ??

£10 for my 5 year old to get in to Dens and the guy wouldn't let me "lift him over"

I saw the guy pull you up so went to the other turnstile and just shuvved the wee lad through in front of me. Got away with it. :wink:

It's a strange situatuion, at what point do you feel it's right to pay for kids to get in. Should they ever be free?

I reckon under 5 should be free across the board. 5-12 no more than a fiver. 12-18 a tenner. 18+ full price.

Back to the original post, The SPL should be looking at pricing across the board

I saw the guy pull you up so went to the other turnstile and just shuvved the wee lad through in front of me. Got away with it. :wink:

It's a strange situatuion, at what point do you feel it's right to pay for kids to get in. Should they ever be free?

I reckon under 5 should be free across the board. 5-12 no more than a fiver. 12-18 a tenner. 18+ full price £15.

Back to the original post, The SPL should be looking at pricing across the board

100% agree

I just feel its unfair St Mirren are offering £2 kids tickets but not to St Johnstone kids whereas when they come to Perth their fans can take advantage of the free kids tickets the same as us. Our under 12 s are £10 on sat.

Saints come out of this looking rally good, just a pity nobody in the media picks up on it showing what a great deal we offer.

I just feel its unfair St Mirren are offering £2 kids tickets but not to St Johnstone kids whereas when they come to Perth their fans can take advantage of the free kids tickets the same as us. Our under 12 s are £10 on sat.

Saints come out of this looking rally good, just a pity nobody in the media picks up on it showing what a great deal we offer.

Staff at St J should be writing to St Mirren pointing this out

I don't understand how they're allowed different deals in the home end to the away end. It's meant to be the same prices for comparable seats.

I always thought that to be the case as well Jamie but it appears thats what they ve been doing all season.I wonder if they get round it by just not offering an u12 option, Under 18 s are the same price for home and away fans its just that they then offer their own under 12 s a further discount. If asked though they do charge the same price for U18 s so on the face of it everyones happy.Notice they also have an unemployed rate which isnt available to away fans either.I think its the fact that St Johnstone give there fans such a good deal in return that really annoys me. What I really should do is just not go.

Aberdeen are charging £17 on Dec 22 for a 14yr old which is disgraceful. Sunderland are charging £1 for U16's for their match against Spurs on the same day.

My son had encouraged about 8 of his mates to go but they are put off by the price. Unless we get a sensible pricing structure in the SPL the crowds will never improve.

Aberdeen are charging £17 on Dec 22 for a 14yr old which is disgraceful. Sunderland are charging £1 for U16's for their match against Spurs on the same day.

My son had encouraged about 8 of his mates to go but they are put off by the price. Unless we get a sensible pricing structure in the SPL the crowds will never improve.

Aberdeen usually do a cut price if you buy a ticket from the ticket office but only for Under 12s. Still £12 and you get to stand in a long queue. Aberdeen and Inverness have been the worst culprits in the past few years. No doubt Richard Gordon will be on the radio having a go at our tiny support again.

As we're in the same stand, i see no reason why our kids can't go in the home end then walk along to our section of the stand, keep your colours hidden until in, if challenged by steward act dumb and ask to get in Saints section

I did this at Ibrox when we beat them 2-0 in the cup. we had sold out so I bought the section right next to us. (still remembering a saints fan reckognising me, thinking I was a ***) but I said to steward, sorry, got wrong section, can I move, at 1st he said no, so we started singing saints songs so he pulled us up and found 2 seats that wernt claimed :)