Richard Brittain

john1962

I don't know the full truth of the RB saga. Like everyone else I have suspions re motives. Like everyone else I'm not prepared to believe that Saints would not have dealt with the issue sensitively had it been put to them clearly, privately and in a reasonable fashion. Like most of us i condemn the ludicrous villification of him and his family by those with rather too few brain cells and frankly it embarrases me as a Saints fan. However, he's now a County player (again), Saints made a bit of dosh out of it and have taken the opportunity to skelp his team early doors. Perhaps it's time now for Saints fans to grant Richard Britain the same status as James Grady and get on with life. As for the County manager and chairman they are destroying what was and should be a decent provincial side. the results of their efforts was evidenced last Saturday in the poorest display I have ever seen from an established top flight team - they were shocking. The Dingwall fans will find them out soon enough! For us to go on and on about it is diminishing us - leave them to it and let's get on with cheering Saints to another fabulous season.

I,m all for freedom of speech but we have gone from a reasonable thread slagging off somebody who we thought had turned us down for more money to people now speculating on a situation where nobody on here knows what the truth is. As has been said before it is going to end up as us as the bad guys if this keeps going.

All the games I've seen him i haven't actually seen him perform that well anyway! There is a reason why hes been playing in the first division etc most of his career from what I've seen. Taking a decent corner, free kick and pen doesn't make up for one thing. 

Hes not that good.

In terms of the reason why he didn't join in the end, im past actually caring. 

At what point in time did his Mrs. suffer these effects.

When he signed in January there did not appear to be any of his Mrs. symptoms preventing him from signing for us then.

While I'm not disputing that she may have had/ is having difficulties, I do question the real reason..

My take on this is, that she/he has used this to suit the situation .

She has had post natal depression since the birth of their child in September but like a lot of people who suffer depression she probably found it hard to get help, and eventually went to to doctor in January after he had signed his pre-contract. I have lost a family member to PND, it is a horrible thing for a person to go through and I completely understand why she needs her family near her. I'm 100% positive that if this was not played out through the media, this thread would not have been this long and everyone at Saints would have understood his decision to stay up North.

She has had post natal depression since the birth of their child in September but like a lot of people who suffer depression she probably found it hard to get help, and eventually went to to doctor in January after he had signed his pre-contract. I have lost a family member to PND, it is a horrible thing for a person to go through and I completely understand why she needs her family near her. I'm 100% positive that if this was not played out through the media, this thread would not have been this long and everyone at Saints would have understood his decision to stay up North.

I hope that any of the dafties that were giving her abuse actually read this post.

It,s not big and its not clever to abuse players wives or families or even invade their private space.

Word of warning, the cops are looking at twitter and these pages and will take further any abuse which crosses the line. They are right. Too many people think its ok to personally abuse people. Saints have come out of this episode terribly.

Surely the guys on here who have been vile should make a contribution to post natal depression charity.

Obviously no one should be abusing his wife

With hindsight, if the whole thing was handled properly Saints fans would have wished him all the best and everyone would have moved on, which is what we should all be doing now!

Won,t happen. Perth people like to carry petty vendettas and jealousies.

ie If you,re not with us then you must be against us.

Word of warning, the cops are looking at twitter and these pages and will take further any abuse which crosses the line. They are right. Too many people think its ok to personally abuse people. Saints have come out of this episode terribly.

Surely the guys on here who have been vile should make a contribution to post natal depression charity.

Flying+Pig.jpg