Richard Brittain

john1962

It struck me as being quite an unfortunate situation which couldn't really be avoided. Brittain made a u-turn, and seemed to have a perfectly understandable reason for doing so, yet the reason itself was a very difficult and personal one which he didn't really want to make public.

Of course, without knowing this, Saints supporters were perfectly entitled to react the way they did. It was an understandable reaction. As far as we were concerned, Brittain had simply decided against joining us and stubbornly refused to give us a reason for doing so.

Richie Brittain had to make a choice. He could just continue to accept the criticism from Saints supporters and still refuse to comment about the reasons for his decision, or he could make a statement in order to tell the truth whilst publicly stating that he could understand why Saints supporters, without being told the truth, had been reacting in that manner on social media.

In the end, he did the wrong thing and chose neither of these options. He came out with a candid statement, explaining why he chose to stay at Ross County, and followed this by lambasting the Saints supporters who had been critical. I'm sure that he and his wife had been going through a tough time but, on the other hand, he shouldn't have slated Saints fans who had mostly (in my opinion) been acting quite justiably previously.

Edited by The Real Saints

His form dropped massively after his u-turn. He looked a different player this season and went from being their top player to almost unnoticeable. Truth is he couldn't lace Chris Millar's boots now.

Was he not played at RB for quite a lot of the season though - hardly helpful.  It's like playing Michael O'Halloran as a lone striker and then criticising him for being crap at finishing.

I get the impression he isn't the brightest spanner in the box, and was led by the baws by the coniving bitter and twisted arrogant git of a manager who couldn't give a sh.. about pre-contracts or anything else other than himself.

RB didn't do himself any favours with stupid comments whilst under the influence of Adams, but I believe his family problems were real enough, so don't have any good or bad feelings towards the guy after all this time.

And Saints got a minibus out of it!