Takeaway Of Choice In Perth

Southpaw

I used to order once a week from the highland tandoori,when i moved house i started ordering from the Bali palace,which was superb,one day i got a knock at the door from the owner of Highland tandoori asking why i stopped ordering from them,i just said that money was too tight lately and couldnt afford it,did he no offer me currys on credit,surely i canna be the only bugger in Perth wi a curry hoose tab ! :laugh:

Some Edinburgh mob are supposedly planning to turn St Paul's Church into an Indian restaurant and throwing sums about like a million squid to get it into a fit state. They must be mad. I can think of at least six other places who will be in direct competition within quick walking distance. They'll have to be extremely good to recoup their investment.

Some Edinburgh mob are supposedly planning to turn St Paul's Church into an Indian restaurant and throwing sums about like a million squid to get it into a fit state. They must be mad. I can think of at least six other places who will be in direct competition within quick walking distance. They'll have to be extremely good to recoup their investment.

In my experience, Indian food in Edinburgh is of a higher quality than that found in Perth....and maybe the 'edinburgh mob' will bring that quality with them. The problem is though that Indian food in Edinburgh is about twice the price as it is in Perth. If they try and charge Edinburgh prices, regardless of the quality, then they will likely struggle, unless they feel there is a niche where people will pay more for a high quality sit-down meal

Edited by Edstar101

Is Aladdins, Nawab, Manzil & Dalyanos not all owned by the same folk?

Had food from them all over the last couple of months apart from Dalyanos and cant fault any of them - good meals/buffet sitting in and massive helpings from the carry out!

Indian food in Scotland is generaly shite. In fact nearly all the food is Bangladedshi. Most people wouldnt know a good Indian if it slapped them in the puss.

so says captain cross bones the worlds authority on rubies in Perth.even though he doesnae live here and is most likely posting from some dodgy greek taverna.