Tickets For Celtic Game?

Mr Dennis Wise

Looking at the game on Tuesday and making a number of assumptions perhaps the price was correct.

£26 for an adult ticket, to an SPL match, cannot be considered "correct" no matter how eruditely you try and rationalise it.

If they had kept the prices the same as a normally league game would another 630ish home fans have come along? not free fans but paying supporters.

Who knows. I would strongly suggest that you wouldn't be far off, providing the prices were acceptable, and if the Club decided to get their act together, and let people know how to purchase tickets for the game, days/weeks ago. Not 27 hours before the kick-off time. Lazy, unprofessional, pathetic.

They already have the ticket prices etc up for the Hearts AWAY game in March.

Well, I would congratulate them, but I shouldn't have to. It's just doing their job. We need to see this sort of response for every applicable fixture. (Home/Away).

I've become considerably more irritated by the Club's, often pitiful, attempts at PR. It's basic stuff, for, supposedly, intuitive board members to try and organise. We've seen improvements with the Facebook/Twitter, which is wonderful, but so much more can/should be done.

Who knows. I would strongly suggest that you wouldn't be far off, providing the prices were acceptable, and if the Club decided to get their act together, and let people know how to purchase tickets for the game, days/weeks ago. Not 27 hours before the kick-off time. Lazy, unprofessional, pathetic.

I would doubt it, it looks as if MORE Saints fans paid to get into the league game against Celtic than did for a lower priced game against Aberdeen 20 days before.

I do understand fans frustrations with the prices. If the clubs were rolling in cash they could do something about it but I bet every SPL team bar Celtic run at a loss this season, if you cut the prices by 25% as some want most teams to do then you would have to cut the wage bill or costs by the same amount. Fair enough if every team does that but if we do it alone we will get relegated and have a lower standard of player.

I would doubt it, it looks as if MORE Saints fans paid to get into the league game against Celtic than did for a lower priced game against Aberdeen 20 days before.

Bit of context is required for this. 1. Aberdeen game was televised Live. 2. Horrific Weather. 3. Celtic naturally attract some neutrals/non regular fans.

I do understand fans frustrations with the prices. If the clubs were rolling in cash they could do something about it but I bet every SPL team bar Celtic run at a loss this season, if you cut the prices by 25% as some want most teams to do then you would have to cut the wage bill or costs by the same amount. Fair enough if every team does that but if we do it alone we will get relegated and have a lower standard of player.

You are absolutely correct in all of this. And I agree with every word of it, EXCEPT, in this case, it isn't an issue about cutting the prices by 25%, but one of INCREASING the prices by 23%. I more than appreciate the financial concerns about cutting ticket prices, and, if it was to be done, it would have to be a uniformed effort by the SPL. But I find raising the ticket prices, which everyone thinks are already high, astonishingly short-sighted.

I have a season ticket, so it doesn't affect me. However, when the Board are, rightly, concerned about home gate figures, the last thing you do, is alienate fans further, by pricing people out, and not encouraging them with effective PR.

Bit of context is required for this. 1. Aberdeen game was televised Live. 2. Horrific Weather. 3. Celtic naturally attract some neutrals/non regular fans.

You are absolutely correct in all of this. And I agree with every word of it, EXCEPT, in this case, it isn't an issue about cutting the prices by 25%, but one of INCREASING the prices by 23%. I more than appreciate the financial concerns about cutting ticket prices, and, if it was to be done, it would have to be a uniformed effort by the SPL. But I find raising the ticket prices, which everyone thinks are already high, astonishingly short-sighted.

I'm not saying that it is right, but I think most clubs charge more for OF games. Certainly the Edinburgh ones do.

I have a season ticket, so it doesn't affect me. However, when the Board are, rightly, concerned about home gate figures, the last thing you do, is alienate fans further, by pricing people out, and not encouraging them with effective PR.

or a 100% rise for a family ticket

I remember when they were building McDiarmid Park.....people were criticising SJFC for building a stadium for only 10,000. In response Geoff Brown said that even if the stadium was a 20,000 capacity & was full every week, the income generated would still not be enough to run the club. My point is, as much as it pains me to say it, I think everyone is flogging a dead horse thinking of ways to increase the gate! I think the club has to think of more innovative ways to generate the cash. I replied previously that a friend who can't make all the games was charged £26.00 on Tuesday, he didn't complain, however I thought it was a bad move by the club charging home fans extra for an old firm game. Personally I feel it was a shortsighted move which at most would gather a few measly quid, but the long term effect would be to chase would be supporters away. I ain't no economist, but it sounds like the law o diminishing returns to me. I know this is another topic all together, but the car park charge went up part way through the season with no prior warning, nearly a 50 per cent increase! When I asked was told it was Steve Brown's idea! I mean nearly doubling the price...come on!