Saints V The Fakes

glenrothes saintee

Six points from our next two matches are vital. Two worst teams in the league and we are showing some promise.

Six points could be the turning point of our season and I believe could be a historical moment for our club. We would be in a great position to push on and finish second, crowds would pick up and the saints will be marching onwards and upwards.

We have put ourselves in a great position and its time to capitalize. We are out the the cup, injuries are starting to clear again, momentum and dare I say excitement about what this season might hold are starting to simmer.

Batter St.Mirren, take a big crowd to Dundee and batter them, the season really starts to get serious.

Lomas will have some tough calls for this one. the starting 11 on tue all played well. Tade and Nigel made a great impact and are surely knocking on the door for a start, will Muzz or Mackay be in contention too. does Callum come back in at lb?

If Muzz is fit, he has to come in I feel, which is tough on Doughty (unless he takes Liam's starting place!!)

Callum is a tougher shout as Scobbie is well deserving of a starting place. The good thing is that Scobbie will pretty much know he will be the starting left back next season when Callum goes and will therefore likely be more accepting of his current position where he plays, plays well, yet still finds he drops to the bench for the next game. The good thing for me is that both can do a job, no concerns over either whichever one plays.

Mackay is ever tougher. If he is fit, we obviously want him playing, and the move I would prefer to see is Ando moving into the middle with Wright. After Tuesday though, that would be really harsh on Cracks.

As Wendy says, managers always say it is a good problem to have

To be fair Ando made some good tackles on Tuesday night, but he is no full back. He can't pass and he can't run. Of course I don't think he's a footballer at all, but if he must play he's better at centre half. I'd drop him, preferably from a great height!!

Pretty sure the great passing 3rd goal at Easter Road included a lovely pass from an advanced Ando into the feet of MacLean.

The only thing I agree with you about is that Ando is better at Centre Half than full back. A few seasons ago, when Ando got a start it always seemed to be at right back and I always felt sorry for him because even back then I thought he was one of our better central defenders....he can now however perform at full back perfectly well.

Your way off the mark assessment of him doesn't bother me :wink:

Edited by Edstar101

Although McCracken had a decent game on Tuesday, Ando is a better option in central defence.

If Dave is fit I would have MacKay Anderson Wright Davidson as the back four

Maybe a bit harsh on Tam Scobbie but he really struggled against Gary Teale in the cup game . Think Callum would handle Teale better

Hopefully Murray is back so would start with

Abeid Davidson Cregg Craig

Vine McLean

Although McCracken had a decent game on Tuesday, Ando is a better option in central defence.

If Dave is fit I would have MacKay Anderson Wright Davidson as the back four

Maybe a bit harsh on Tam Scobbie but he really struggled against Gary Teale in the cup game . Think Callum would handle Teale better

Hopefully Murray is back so would start with

Abeid Davidson Cregg Craig

Vine McLean

Agree with all this. Tade and Nigel need to make that impact when coming on more than just once to start thinking about displacing Vine & MacLean in my books