Top 3, "i Don't Believe It" Saints Related Moments!

Dave Ferg

"I don't believe it moment"

Dave, on the pre season tour of Ireland in the Indian restaurant, you asked the owner for the Hottest meal he could supply.

Well, can still see your beetroot face with the sweat dripping off your coupon and you gasping for breath.

It's a moment etched in the memory. Pissing ma'sel just thinking about it.

Oh sorry Dave was this supposed to "stay in Ireland"?

Watching the crowd heading up the Dunkeld Road to the match from my granny's bedroom window on the Crieff Road. They took up the whole of the road so no traffic could get by. Then my dad coming back from the pub and joining the crowd. Memory still strong although it was the late 50's. (1950's I will quickly add!)

Saints 5 Aberdeen 0 then Wendy Who? Keeping the price at 5-0p for ages.

Roddy Grant. No more needs to be said.

1. Ian McPhee (early 70's) dribbling through the Celtic defence to score a fantastic goal at the Ice Rink end in the early 70's. Great passer of the ball but didn't expect that.

2. Alan Moore scoring a hatrick with the head.

3. George Tulloch off his line against old Rangers and ........ I still see that in slow motion because I was just up the terracing from where the ball left I an Redford's foot .... and we were going through to the next round winning 3-2 as the ball was in mid air. :shock:

3 goalkeeping related incidents.

Mickey Lawson taking over from Andy Geoghan against Stirling Albion at Muirton with the score 0~0. We won 3~0.

A game at Muirton against Forfar, Roy Baines carried off with a broken arm, sure it was Alan Lyons took over then got carried off with a broken collar bone, then next up was Joe Reid. We somehow managed a 1~1 draw, and I'm sure Reid scored our goal before taking over in goals.

Then at Somerset, 3~1 up and George Tulloch stretchered off with a head injury, John"the orginal cup tie" Mackay took over and managed to snatch us a 3~3 draw. He was a great right back but a shtt goalie. A certain Ally McCoist scored 2 screamers that day.

Oh the joys of the lower divisions without goalies on the bench