New Away Strip

sjfc.spl.09-10

Black and red.. On official site, a bit far if you ask me!

Smart strip though

Possibly a bit far, but at the end of the day the fans asked and the club delivered. Good work Saints.

And a nice wee change from the usual away kits we've had in recent years.

I'll be getting one

What an excellent idea! Our away shirts range from yellow, to white to sky-blue to tartan to maroon for the 125 year season and even that purple and green/grey one, so why not try something different for a season? It's a great tribute to the Es-Es fans and a lovely reminder of a wonderful European trip. I doubt that away shirts usually sell very much so this has the potential to be a good money maker for the club. I cannot see why it is not a good thing that St.Johnstone fans went to the other side of Europe and had such a great time and formed friendships with the Es-Es fans that they want to recognise this bond? With headlines usually dedicated to Rangers fans smashing up Manchester, Dynamo Moscow and Dundee United fans brawling or Spurs fans being attacked abroad, I for one am glad that our club is doing something that shows how great football can be at bringing people together to have a fantastic time.

The doom and gloom merchants on here might not like it but I will be buying one, something I very rarely do for an away shirt so I am sure the sales figures will mean this shirt will be a success.

Edited by sjfcsteve

Well done Kev Heller, this is a great tribute to our Friends in Turkey and a smart strip to boot. I can see why some may see this as being strange but those of us that were lucky enough to have been in Turkey last year and are still in contact with some of the friendly people we met can fully understand this great gesture.

Great gesture and it will be the first away shirt in about 15 years that I will buy.

I think you probably had to be in Turkey to fully appreciate this. I've been to over 25 Scotland away games, plus Vaasa and Monaco, but they were all blown away by Eskisehir. Everyone we met in the city, not just the football supporters, was so friendly and welcoming. The sheer positivity of their support was infectious as well. I'd love to see Saints fans, and Perth as a whole, being as positive and passionate about THEIR team as the people of Eskisehir, but sadly I can't ever see that happening. We, as a nation, seem to love moaning and putting everything down too much!

Edited by Nelly78

There are a few fans at every club who would rather football was associated with hooliganism, sectarian chanting, hatred and abuse, because its football and its about blokes being hard. Start to make a genuine gesture like this and the alarm bells start ringing.

Well done Saints, and well done to the non Neanderthal fans.

Well done Kev Heller, this is a great tribute to our Friends in Turkey and a smart strip to boot. I can see why some may see this as being strange but those of us that were lucky enough to have been in Turkey last year and are still in contact with some of the friendly people we met can fully understand this great gesture.

braw. nice one kev.i hope we can play like ES ES.

Had to be in turkey to see it was something special between the clubs.

I was only at the home leg and I got enough of an impression from it.

Concerning having their badge on it - I doubt that would be allowed unless we saught UEFA/FIFA approval. Sure they could print the name somewhere though.