New Away Strip

sjfc.spl.09-10

Can understand people's view of thinking it might be a bit far. Had to be in turkey to see it was something special between the clubs. Great idea for next season

Yer right - Turkey was a great trip - Going from Aberdeen -to Amsterdam-to Istanbul -to the "digs" -to the Organised bus into Eskisehir -walking from Bar Street into the stadium -grabbing a beer somewhere along the way -a cool refreshing EFES beer at the various watering holes-a real kebab at the stadium and returning several days later ---It was FAR.---far too good.

Brilliant work by Kev and the club for taking this idea and devolping it. From a financial point of view ( as long as the club get a decent wedge from sales) it is a master stroke. It's actually a decent strip to look at as well and I will definitely be getting one ( which I don't always do with the away strips)

For those that say " too far" please understand it is about finance which our club desperately needs due to the lack of support at McD. For those of us who went out there, this is also an official recognition of the success of the friendships forged in Eskisehir.

Nellys post summed it up perfectly. This was simply the BEST trip ever and this new away strip honours that.

:razz:

Well done Kev Heller, well done Steve Brown and all connected with a wonderful initiative.

Please anyone jump on the band wagon with ideas to make the club some money.

As long as they make large sizes, there will be at least one (maybe 2) worn with pride at the Millburn 5-a-sides in Inverness on Thurdday nights!

Well done

Interesting that people are saying too far,All it is is saying thank you for the superb way we were treated in Turkey and as said before I guess you had to be there

I wasn't in Turkey, but don't understand the suggestions it is in any way too far. It is an away strip, its not like anyone is trying to change our home kit!

Perhaps adding an eses badge onto it would be too far, not least because itd be ridiculous.

I think the current 'nod' is just the right amount.

Amazing, we have people on here constantly criticising the club for not doing anything and as soon as they do something different they still get moaned at.

People were and are still critical of the attempt to get families into the Ormond stand, complain if Saints reduce prices for a couple of games as they already have a season ticket and now they come up with something different for an AWAY shirt and get moaned at - no wonder they find it difficult to take on board fans ideas.

I'm not one for getting too heavy into the EsEs love in (although the trip to Eskisehir was absolutely incredible and I have nothing but positive things to say about the club, their fans and their beautiful city) - but more than anything I'll be buying that shirt because its really quite smart! Much better than the sky blue effort this season which I can't stand.

Fair play to the club!

Brilliant top! It's about time the club listened to what the fans want, seems like a no brainer to me. There should be a fan poll for the home top to try and get something nicer than our bog standard Joma effort, a top we actually like and contributed to would surely sell and make the club more money. Great effort on the away, I for one will be buying.

Yer right - Turkey was a great trip - Going from Aberdeen -to Amsterdam-to Istanbul -to the "digs" -to the Organised bus into Eskisehir -walking from Bar Street into the stadium -grabbing a beer somewhere along the way -a cool refreshing EFES beer at the various watering holes-a real kebab at the stadium and returning several days later ---It was FAR.---far too good.

ye forgot the carry out on the bus and dodging the trams in the city centre on our way to the stadium with the locals.like ye said it was braw.

Few things here for me:

1. Saints listened to fans

2. They responded to Social Media (well done the guy who set up the page)

3. They controlled their scoop and published it on the OS first

4. The strip looks good

5. It broadens to the appeal to include EsEs fans - more sales

6. The sponsor looks good

7. Badge is still round - good thing IMO

8. There will be no surplus stock as shirt sure to be retro/collectors ed.

9. The strips matches the McD seats!

10. Vertical stripes help hide me ponch!

(very few) Bad points

1. Badge still fuzzy-felt though :(

2. Top is not really anything bespoke

My [expert view]

1. The yellow strip is not attractive, no matter what style. In raw fashion terms, they always look p*sh on.

2. The light blue tops always look like faded home shirts (see point 1)

What else can the club do:

1. Set up a page for people to "pre-oder" - simple page, photo of the shirt, with an email box

2. Translate the page into Turkish, and accept Paypal payment

3. Reuse the emails to become the basis of a newsletter.

4. Pay WAP Jaimie to canvas all WAP members to have their email addresses released to the club to become the basis of a newsletter

ALL UP - WELL DONE ST JOHNSTONE!

Edited by MySpazz

i want one.when are they on sale?

Hey Master,

This is kinda great move and shirt looks awesome even better then our orginal home kit. EsEs fans are thinking and dicussing now for find an answer to this compliment. We have to make our away kit sky blue and white at least.

Ppl says this is not normal probably werent in Eskisehir and miss fun at bar's street. We made something unusual, nobody cared about game after that street party so that away kit makes our unforgettable moments a good memory which we can have :)

Me and 3 of my friends will buy this kit so far. Thank You Saintees

Ps: slf if u answer me with ur Scottish style probably i wont understand half of ur saying :)