Boo Boys At Last Night's Game!

Jimmy Wallace

Far too much booing at the game last night from some so-called Saints fans, and not just at half time whistle.  It was pretty constant in the second half at every misplaced pass, certain substitutions etc.  I have no problem with throwing hands up in the air, and bawling "for ****'s sake Maclean" but booing your own team?  Never understood it and never will.

No doubt someone will get upset in this thread and feel they have a right to express their opinion in this way, but I ****ing hate booing, unless directed at the referee or opposition! :evil:

It was disappointing to hear so much booing. In the first half we were poor but second half we tried a lot harder and it must be frustrating for the players putting in a shift to hear so much negativity from their own fans. Respect to those fans who stayed and clapped the entire team off the pitch at the end, the lads deserved that recognition.

I've come to the conclusion that they don't support the team, and no amount of complaining will put them off their attitude.  The only solution I have found is to respond to their negative bile by shouting the exact opposite in a constructive way immediately afterwards.  Seems to shut them up.

I saw on ESPN last night a shot of Lomas reacting angrily towards the dugout/stand - I wondered if it was a sharp word between him and TW or if he was genuinely angered by the bile from the guy that site behind the dugout, who hurls abuse every time Lomas turns towards the stand.  I really hope it wasn't the latter.  

The other solution is to find out where these idiots work, and stand outside their office hurling abuse at them all day long.

Footballers expect a certain amount of abuse, even/especially from their own fans, but to me booing is below the belt and cowardly.  It's the crowd equivalent of gobbing on an opponent.  If I had seen Steven Maclean in the street last night I would have said, "Christ that was some sitter you missed tonight Stevie" and he'd have said "yep, sorry about that chief, dunno what I was thinking", but if I had gone up to him and went "boooooooooooooooooooo", it doesn't leave him anywhere to go, other than to tell me to **** off.  That's the point though, you wouldn't boo these guys in the street.  People who boo are just cowards.  Wee snivelly cretins who think "hehe, I'll just get ma wee moan aff ma chest, "booooooooooooooooooooooo", that'll get that Craig telt, but he'll no ken it wis me, hehe"  Knobshiners.

I've come to the conclusion that they don't support the team, and no amount of complaining will put them off their attitude. The only solution I have found is to respond to their negative bile by shouting the exact opposite in a constructive way immediately afterwards. Seems to shut them up.

I saw on ESPN last night a shot of Lomas reacting angrily towards the dugout/stand - I wondered if it was a sharp word between him and TW or if he was genuinely angered by the bile from the guy that site behind the dugout, who hurls abuse every time Lomas turns towards the stand. I really hope it wasn't the latter.

The other solution is to find out where these idiots work, and stand outside their office hurling abuse at them all day long.

I was sitting behind the dugout and Lomas was angry in general at the missed chances, he quite rightly ignores the abuse that comes from that moron. When we got the goal he turned in celebration to the fans who show their appreciation rather than their ignorance. I've not always been his biggest fan but the abuse he gets is absolutely ridiculous.

about 2 minutes intae the game i booed.what else could i do? it was a fuqing disgrace that it only took that amount of time for the stewards and police to force the fans in a corner of the east stand to sit.in they went like a tidal wave ,utterly disgusting behaviour .nae wonder ye cannae get crowds anymore .cretins.BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I've come to the conclusion that they don't support the team, and no amount of complaining will put them off their attitude.  The only solution I have found is to respond to their negative bile by shouting the exact opposite in a constructive way immediately afterwards.  Seems to shut them up.

I saw on ESPN last night a shot of Lomas reacting angrily towards the dugout/stand - I wondered if it was a sharp word between him and TW or if he was genuinely angered by the bile from the guy that site behind the dugout, who hurls abuse every time Lomas turns towards the stand.   

name and shame i have never heard anyone abusing the lomas dude fae behind the dugoot.,but if ye point them oot i will try some of yer solutions.

can ye tell me what they look like or can ye show me at the next home game ?

about 2 minutes intae the game i booed.what else could i do? it was a fuqing disgrace that it only took that amount of time for the stewards and police to force the fans in a corner of the east stand to sit.in they went like a tidal wave ,utterly disgusting behaviour .nae wonder ye cannae get crowds anymore .cretins.BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Right, so the stewards and police enforcing Scottish Law upsets you so much that it's then appropriate to boo, which the players are going to hear and take as being directed at them? Pish. The issues with the stewards etc have been discussed at great length elsewhere on this forum so feel free to go and continue that conversation if you're that annoyed, but don't use it as an excuse to behave in a demoralising, negative manner when you are at the game as a SUPPORTER, the clue is in the name!

Not sure where you are getting this SLF but as far as I have been told, the guys in the easr stand were not harrassed at all during the game ( This has come from a few of them  who I have spoken too on facebook)

Edited by The ghost of Jim Morton

name and shame i have never heard anyone abusing the lomas dude fae behind the dugoot.,but if ye point them oot i will try some of yer solutions.

can ye tell me what they look like or can ye show me at the next home game ?

---

He sits slightly to the right of the dugout, in the back row of the front section (back to the barrier)  I often go and sit over there when I'm with the boy, because he likes sitting near the half way line, but I lost it with this cretin last time.  He's probably in his 60s, and while football isn't sunday school, the continuous foul language and abuse he spurts is disgusting.  He hates MacLean - so he's been pretty easy to identify recently  :roll:

---

He sits slightly to the right of the dugout, in the back row of the front section (back to the barrier)  I often go and sit over there when I'm with the boy, because he likes sitting near the half way line, but I lost it with this cretin last time.  He's probably in his 60s, and while football isn't sunday school, the continuous foul language and abuse he spurts is disgusting.  He hates MacLean - so he's been pretty easy to identify recently  :roll:

he must be tae the right of big peter then.theres a few auld stonkers there.never heard the dude but will look out tae give him some solid advice in future.

he must be tae the right of big peter then.theres a few auld stonkers there.never heard the dude but will look out tae give him some solid advice in future.

by the way am the dude that shouts foul mouthed abuse at opposition players,management ,refs,linesmen anything except saints really .am the offside hater.

by the way am the dude that shouts foul mouthed abuse at opposition players,management ,refs,linesmen anything except saints really .am the offside hater.

aye, I kent that slf. I gave the guy some sound advice the last time myself, and got a face full of cheek. He did shut up though, so I guess he understood the sentiment.

Best way to identify him - if a player comes over to get instruction from Lomas at any stage, he'll offer a set of his own instructions that involve telling the player he's shite and that lomas needs to take him off and make a ludicrous tactical change like playing Ando up front or some crap.

Edited by montrosesaintee

aye, I kent that slf. I gave the guy some sound advice the last time myself, and got a face full of cheek. He did shut up though, so I guess he understood the sentiment.

Best way to identify him - if a player comes over to get instruction from Lomas at any stage, he'll offer a set of his own instructions that involve telling the player he's shite and that lomas needs to take him off and make a ludicrous tactical change like playing Ando up front or some crap.

Maybe he should look in the mirror and he will notice that he isn't the manager Lomas is and if he makes decisions like playing Ando up front he is never gonna be a manager for any team not even in the highland league