Stevie May

rik2304

Finished 1-1. May was poor tonight in all honesty. Won the free kick which Scotland ultimately scored from, but otherwise he just wasn't at the races at all. Having said that, he was isolated at times, particularly in the first half, and did have wee flashes of what he's been doing consistently for Saints. Georgia look a quality side.

Finished 1-1. May was poor tonight in all honesty. Won the free kick which Scotland ultimately scored from, but otherwise he just wasn't at the races at all. Having said that, he was isolated at times, particularly in the first half, and did have wee flashes of what he's been doing consistently for Saints. Georgia look a quality side.

I think what you witnessed was the difference in managerial ability between Wright and Stark.

Tommy Wright <-----------------------------------------> Billy Stark

Wright has managed to come up with a formation and style of play that suits almost every player in our team rather than try to fit players into a formation. I don't think i've ever seen a Saints manager do that in my 20 odd years of watching the club.

For me, that ability was what made Sir Alex so special.  He moulded players and instilled belief and confidence in them and I think Tommy has done that in Perth

Sir Alex knew how to set up teams to really maximise the ability of the guys playing and in many cases have them playing consistantly above their realistic potential.

Guys like O'Shea, Brown and Park Ji Sung were decent but I doubt they'd have got the same game time at Chelsea. I see similarities in how Wright has got guys like Scobbie and Millar playing. Wee Nige's form being another example.

Edited by ryangordon86

I think what you witnessed was the difference in managerial ability between Wright and Stark.

Tommy Wright <-----------------------------------------> Billy Stark

Wright has managed to come up with a formation and style of play that suits almost every player in our team rather than try to fit players into a formation. I don't think i've ever seen a Saints manager do that in my 20 odd years of watching the club.

For me, that ability was what made Sir Alex so special. He moulded players and instilled belief and confidence in them and I think Tommy has done that in Perth

Sir Alex knew how to set up teams to really maximise the ability of the guys playing and in many cases have them playing consistantly above their realistic potential.

Guys like O'Shea, Brown and Park Ji Sung were decent but I doubt they'd have got the same game time at Chelsea. I see similarities in how Wright has got guys like Scobbie and Millar playing. Wee Nige's form being another example.

Pretty much all of this. I hope TW stays at Saints for 89 years, or however long Sir Alex was at Man Utd.

I hope I manage to catch a game with this magic that TW seemingly has you all wrapped in. I seem to keep going to matches that are shockingly bad.

At times this season it has seemed to be a case of one extreme or the other, so I kinda get what you are saying. If you have only been to certain games (and not watched highlights of the games you weren't at) then you may well wonder.

However, in several games, we have played better, more exciting football than I have witnessed for some time at McD, backed up by a very solid defence and, most of all, goalie

It does seem I have picked the wrong games minus Rosenborg.

Minsk, Hearts first league game, St Mirren away, Hamilton.

Don't think any of those games were particuarly "bad"!  Minsk was massively disappointing obviously but if we'd taken one of the many chances in the first half it would have been another memorable night.

We absolutely bossed Hearts in the first league game and were never in any danger.  It was right in the midst of the European run, we played as well as we probably needed to.  It was similar at Tynecastle.  Aberdeen would probably take a similar result and performance against the same side.

St.Mirren away was a horror show defensively but our attacking play was excellent, causing them real problems.  We could easily have won 4-3 in the end.

Hamilton away, 3-0, very comfortable, never in danger I felt. 

You are a hard man to please!!