Stevie May

rik2304

I suspect there is also an element of pressure.  Remember it wasn't many weeks ago he was all over the media being touted for a big money move South, and a future goal scorer for Scotland.  There must be an element of self inflicted expectation, and going a few games without scoring could easily knock his own confidence.  This could mean the difference between passing and going for a wild shot at goal.

I suspect there is also an element of pressure.  Remember it wasn't many weeks ago he was all over the media being touted for a big money move South, and a future goal scorer for Scotland.  There must be an element of self inflicted expectation, and going a few games without scoring could easily knock his own confidence.  This could mean the difference between passing and going for a wild shot at goal.

Maybe Roddy should have a wee word.

Bit of vindication for Stevie's shoot on sight policy?

As exciting as it is when May gets the ball and you can feel the anticipation of him 'having a go'.....tonight's goal for me doesn't entirely vindicate his recent approach of rarely passing and just trying speculative efforts all the time.

Thing is, maybe, say, 1 in 10 (being generous) go in (and tonight's by all accounts was down to dodgy keeping).....that ratio could perhaps be increased (to 2 or 3 in 10) if he made the correct decision whether to shoot or pass to a team-mate in a better position more often.

Of course, that is a thing we can never know as you can't rewind time and see what would have played out if an alternative choice was made

Edited by Edstar101

As exciting as it is when May gets the ball and you can feel the anticipation of him 'having a go'.....tonight's goal for me doesn't entirely vindicate his recent approach of rarely passing and just trying speculative efforts all the time.

Thing is, maybe, say, 1 in 10 (being generous) go in (and tonight's by all accounts was down to dodgy keeping).....that ratio could perhaps be increased (to 2 or 3 in 10) if he made the correct decision whether to shoot or pass to a team-mate in a better position more often.

Of course, that is a thing we can never know as you can't rewind time and see what would have played out if an alternative choice was made

MacLean got his first against Well from a spill after a speculative shot as well.

He was more effective when he went out there though! Was a bit crowded in the middle with country packing the defence!

Agreed.He did more in the last 10 mins than in the whole game & should have had a pen.He was hirpling for 10 mins after that tackle.

If  current form continues, could we see his hypothetical value falling more towards the bids that were actually made? I can't see any bids coming in of the value some were talking about around christmas as it is right now

Even if he gets back his scoring form I would doubt we would get in excess of £500k.

• 2 weeks later...

My Saintee-Vision 2000 tells me that SPFL defenders are singling Stevie out and he is being kicked about mercilessly just now and is getting little protection from a succession of poor refs.

Or he is starting to go down easily and too frequently now.

Thoughts?

Edited by rik2304

My Saintee-Vision 2000 tells me that SPFL defenders are singling Stevie out and he is being kicked about mercilessly just now and is getting little protection from a succession of poor refs.

Or he is starting to go down easily and too frequently now.

Thoughts?

Could not agree more Rik2304!!!!! When SM broke into the 1st team, he was an unknown quantity! Now that the defences up & down the country are picking him out for a bot of rough treatment. The referees you mention dont help the situation and they need to be looking at the way opposition defenders are singling SM out for the rough treatment he has been receiving of late