Stevie May

rik2304

Here we go head on chopping block not looking through blue tinted glasses. I do not think he is good enough at this moment in time to make it down south. Many leading goal scorers have went down and failed to make the grade. Hooper, Boyd, McDonald, Miller. McCoist and the list goes on. I know the money temptation will be too much to resist. If he does go he will be back in two years.

Edited by Inchcolm

Here we go head on chopping block not looking through blue tinted glasses. I do think he is good enough at this moment in time to make it down south. Many leading goal scorers have went down and failed to make the grade. Hooper, Boyd, McDonald, Miller. McCoist and the list goes on. I know the money temptation will be too much to resist. If he does go he will be back in two years.

You missed Goodwillie. Did you mean you dont think he is good enough

Did Hooper fail? The rest of the team were honking but he was just about their stand out player.

A striker lives and dies by the number of goals he scores: 32 league appearances and 6 goals. I would call that a failure. It is easy to blame the players in the Norwich side. The problem is not them it is the vastly higher standard of defenses and world class defenders,

Here we go head on chopping block not looking through blue tinted glasses. I do not think he is good enough at this moment in time to make it down south. Many leading goal scorers have went down and failed to make the grade. Hooper, Boyd, McDonald, Miller. McCoist and the list goes on. I know the money temptation will be too much to resist. If he does go he will be back in two years.

I was just about to post something similar. Yes, he's banging them in up here, but I'd really question whether he'd be able to go up against Premier League defenders and top level international stars, and do the same thing. At this time.

I think he'll get there, and I really hope he does, but I wouldn't be confident hotshotting him straight up to that level without seeing how he does in the Championship first or somewhere of a similar level to that - that would be the logical next step up.

It would no doubt also be the most profitable step for Saints too. There will presumably be sell-on clauses added to any deal that gets done, so when he does move, if we bank £1m from a Championship club, Stevie performs for a season or two and then gets a big money move up to the top league, that would see a nice windfall coming our way (eg: Jordan Rhodes did well for Huddersfield and eventually went to Blackburn for £8m). Whereas if a Premier League team comes in to Saints directly, gets him on the cheap (by EPL standards) for £1m or so, that'll most probably be that.

• 2 weeks later...

Did Hooper fail? The rest of the team were honking but he was just about their stand out player.

As a Norwich fan I watched most of their games last year. Hooper didn't score many but was by far our best striker. The team's failure was down more to Houghton's setup than the players. What we missed was the directness that Stevie could bring. I'd be very happy if Norwich came in for him. We just signed Lafferty - I think Stevie would have been a better buy. 

Edited by DubaiSaint

As a Norwich fan I watched most of their games last year. Hooper didn't score many but was by far our best striker. The team's failure was down more to Houghton's setup than the players. What we missed was the directness that Stevie could bring. I'd be very happy if Norwich came in for him. We just signed Lafferty - I think Stevie would have been a better buy. 

Kyle Lafferty??