Stevie May

rik2304

Interview with TW in the Sun today, negotiations with Stevie going well and he is not aware of any problems, also confirms interest in Goodwillie and Liam Craig plus he wants one more in addition. He says”obviously thr more season tickets we sell we might be able to spend a little bit more”

• 3 weeks later...

Hope the Chairman has watched this!?

Get this guy's signature on a contract soon?! (Is there any word on that score?)

It may (pardon the pun) be just me but I feel they'd like to get transfer money ASAP! I know he'll move on eventually but I can't think we could afford to attract another forward to score 27 goals!

Stevie May in other words is priceless!?⚽️

Hope the Chairman has watched this!?

Get this guy's signature on a contract soon?! (Is there any word on that score?)

It may (pardon the pun) be just me but I feel they'd like to get transfer money ASAP! I know he'll move on eventually but I can't think we could afford to attract another forward to score 27 goals!

Stevie May in other words is priceless!?⚽️

if they weren't trying to keep and wanted money they should have just sold him so we'd have money to replace him. He is our player for another season so a new contract increases his transfer value. Unfortunately these things take time, even if his agent is playing fair with Saints, but I wish they'd hurry up and sign a deal.

The extra money to sign for an extra year will not be a huge amount. Many players would be happy with the security of an extra year at the same money. The player gets the security which is a blessing if there is an injury etc. For saints the extra year is a benefit during transfer negotations especially for a prolific goal scorer. DUFC have been tying up their young talent on longer contracts. Ste vies agent will be trying to negotiate an increase but he is already quite rightly on better terms than his last contract. Saints will be stubborn about any increased cost but where that cost is reasonable which I am sure it is,then Stevie Brown needs to sanction the cost and get Stevie tied down.

Some serious goals in there watching them back again!!

Thats a great compilation.  He scores lots of different types of goals which shows how dangerous he is.  Apart from the second at Hamilton, I always think that it looks like he doesn't strike the ball cleanly, even his penalties...  But he does hit it very early, seems to catch out a lot of keepers as theres a lot of them seem unprepared.

It's funny because there's a 27 year old striker who plays for Brighton, Ulloa, can't remember his first name.

He's signing for Leicester for £7 Million. A lot of money for a guy who scored only 16 goals in all competitions last year.

I would guess that the price that clubs down South seem to regard May to be worth is around 800,000-1,000,000 (just a guess) whilst he scored 28 goals in all competitions last year. Ok, the English championship is probably a better level than the Scottish premier division. But I have no doubt May would score over 15 goals if he played for a championship club. The way that English clubs perceive scottish talent is still wrong

It's funny because there's a 27 year old striker who plays for Brighton, Ulloa, can't remember his first name.

He's signing for Leicester for £7 Million. A lot of money for a guy who scored only 16 goals in all competitions last year.

I would guess that the price that clubs down South seem to regard May to be worth is around 800,000-1,000,000 (just a guess) whilst he scored 28 goals in all competitions last year. Ok, the English championship is probably a better level than the Scottish premier division. But I have no doubt May would score over 15 goals if he played for a championship club. The way that English clubs perceive scottish talent is still wrong

Part of the problem is that Scottish clubs allow them to do this.  Scottish players go down there for very small fees, have a good season and are then sold on to another English club for millions.