Stevie May

rik2304

Players under 24 and a club offers the player a contract he cannot walk away and sign for another club without a fee being paid ro compensate for youth debelopment.

Formula based on age time at club number of league appearances etc,.

==========Cheers MS .NO WAY THEY WILL NOT OFFER HIM A CONTRACT THEN.I hope.

For anyone doubting Stevie May ask yourself this.

If Saints were top of the first division and Stevie May scored 21 goals would you be thinking you should offer him deal for a chance in the SPL?

Only six players have managed 21 goals in the first since 1994(courtesy of @stjohnstone1884).

Edited by Broon

Saints need to take a risk here, give him a two-three year contract, he wouldnt command that big a wage you would think, we should have done this with Davidson because potentially we would have made money out of it 

Something positive ought to be done. I get all the arguments about him not being good enough or young players not having made it before or whatever, but unless he gets the opportunity we'll only find out if he goes elsewhere.

To me that would be stupid. Would I swap him for McLean for example? Right now, absolutely I would.

OK the penalty was poorly taken and lucky to go in. The other two goals were sublime, much the same but with two different feet to finish them. Should have had a fourthe with his header off the post. Get him back and in the starting 16 FFS.

Staring 16?Would that not be cheating, as last time i looked you were only allwed a starting 11

OK the penalty was poorly taken and lucky to go in. The other two goals were sublime, much the same but with two different feet to finish them. Should have had a fourthe with his header off the post. Get him back and in the starting 16 FFS.

What was wrong with the penalty ???? You need to go to specsavers.Brilliant finishing in any division.

In the PA today saying he'll decide on his future at the end of the season, but has enjoyed his football the last 2 years as he knows he's playing football on a Saturday. Probably just letting the board and management know that he will listen to offers of a new deal but wont settle for just going back to sit on the bench every weekend.

In the PA today saying he'll decide on his future at the end of the season, but has enjoyed his football the last 2 years as he knows he's playing football on a Saturday. Probably just letting the board and management know that he will listen to offers of a new deal but wont settle for just going back to sit on the bench every weekend.

He'll not get that with us in the SPl then, will he? :sad::laugh: