Man Of Match Awards - Rnd 40 - Ross County (H)

MoM vs County  

76 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mannus had two or three saves in a short spell in the first half that were outstanding, and others throughout the game. Nail on for MoM for me today.

Thought MacLean had a great game as well. Worked VERY hard for the cause.

I have clearly stated it before, and I will again, Scobbie is a very decent player and impressed me again today

Richie Brittain was the Saints player who had most effect on the result.

Thought Abeid and Scobbie, apartfrom a moment of madness, played well and it was Maclean's best game for a while but Mannus was outstanding especially when the central defenders appeared to have their minds elsewhere in the first half.

Edited by john1962

Millar for me, he looked our most hungry out-field player. Mannus made some world class saves, but due to his spill for first pen I went for Millar.

Tony, we were right behind the shot and it moved all over the place. If Wright had just hoofed the ball clear (as he should have done) then the 'spill' to which you refer would doubtless never have been mentioned once on the forum

I think our outfield performance was good enough though that I'd like to find someone there to vote for and when he gets a goal, MacLean's performance means so much more. Not sure he did much different from usual but making his mark on the final score gets him the nod from me I think. Certainly his performance was far better than the big battering ram playing the same role for the opposition.

Mannus made some top saves again (one from Sproule in particular) and wouldn't lay any real blame at him for their first but the spill wasn't pretty and would have liked to see him (and indeed any others) helping Frazer Wright out a bit with a call. Disappointing few weeks for Wright though.

Scobbie was so very close to getting a vote but that challenege for the second penalty was just not needed. He had done so well to stop any effective play down his side. Abeid was again full of energy and always seemed to be our man on the ball.

MacLean was superb at not giving the County defence anytime on the ball.

My vote goes to big al and his invisible shopping bags. Some cracking saves and could do very little with the penalties.

Edited by garydavidson

Millar for me, he looked our most hungry out-field player. Mannus made some world class saves, but due to his spill for first pen I went for Millar.

It was Millars dallying and taking a touch that caused the penalty imo, had he or wright hoofed it, Mannus' fumble wouldn't have been punished, and it was an awkward shot to take in the wind

Millar was brilliant up at ICT - and did OK for periods yesterday, but still offers next to nothing in an attacking sense. And at the end he twice gave the ball away in utterly ridiculous circumstances - once simply passing it under no pressure straight to the feet of a County player, and the second time intercepting a pass not meant for him and toeing it out the park. He's not our best option in that position (Cregg is for me).

I'm voting for Maclean.

Mannus again...hope he stays

McLean had a very good game as did Abeid. Tam Scobbie had nearly won me over before his blunder for the second penalty, other than that he had a solid game.

Loved watching Edward's pace leaving County defenders standing. Wonder how he would do if on from the start.

Mannus again...hope he stays

McLean had a very good game as did Abeid. Tam Scobbie had nearly won me over before his blunder for the second penalty, other than that he had a solid game.

Loved watching Edward's pace leaving County defenders standing. Wonder how he would do if on from the start.

Cheers, you've pretty much summed up what I was going to say! 

Would love to see Edwards get a game from the start instead of 15-20 mins at the end. I'd be tempted to bring Craig, Edwards and Cregg in for Millar, Vine and Tade on Saturday. I know it's radical thinking playing wide midfielders instead of strikers in the wide midfield positions, but it might just catch on......I think Cregg provides more cover for the defence than Millar, which allows Muzz to push on more and have a greater influence on the game.

Tony, we were right behind the shot and it moved all over the place. If Wright had just hoofed the ball clear (as he should have done) then the 'spill' to which you refer would doubtless never have been mentioned once on the forum

Add to that the fact that I voted for the player that gave away said penalty, is there a "change my vote as I voted after a knee jerk reaction button" ??? No! Well there should be!  :roll: