Scottish Cup Final - 18Th May - 6Pm At Broadwood

nips

Have emailed Saints but not heard anything back yet.

Livi GS thread on the final - http://www.livifc.boards.net/index.cgi?board=fclivingstongs&action=display&thread=293&page=1

Sadly they have not said anything disrespectful that can be PINNED ON THE DRESSING ROOM WALL (capital letters).

To shamelessly steal from them though some pre match tuneage would be good; can somebody do the necessary?  I'm thinking we should go for an Andrew WK vibe.

Just to say good luck tomorrow night lads. They're a good side but we had them rattled for a period last time and if we can do the same tomorrow and take advantage during that spell we'll have a chance!

I'll be driving back from Glasgow Airport around that time on Saturday so if I'm in time I might swing past and catch the end of the game. And bring my boots in case you need a late winner!

Perth St Johnstone take on Livingstone in the Scottish Cup final tomorrow and it is set to be an emotional game for all involved. Early team news indicates that PSJ as missing some key players for this game which has seen them become the underdogs for tomorrows match. Reports are suggesting that Stewart Whyte and Jack Henderson are out due to injuries to their hamstring and Cricket-syndrome. PSJ manager Kevin Riddell was interviewed earlier on in the week and had this to say: “Ach well, huge loss but credit to the lads who have trained hard over the past week. Listen, we’ll give it our best shot”.

PSJ beat Livingston #2 4-3 in the semi finals and there was a wonder goal from veteran Al Christie and he is yet to sign a new contract for next season. Rumours have suggested that he is set to hang his boots up at the end of the season. This would cause manager Kevin Riddell problems for next season as Al Christie has been an ever consistent player for PSJ. Al Christie was the first ever goal scorer for PSJ and without a doubt he will always be remembered for his father figure within the team. Manager Kevin Riddell had this to say on Al Christie contract situation “Listen, I have spoken to the chairman and told him I want him on a 5 year deal, he is vital to my future plans and there is not a chance he will be retiring at the end of the season; he still has many years left to play.” Al Christie has refused to comment on his future further increasing speculation.

In other team news Greame Rodger looks set to return from injury after a long absence from the team because of an ‘I have a kid’ injury. His return provides PSJ a boost and some people have suggested that his return is like having a new player in the team. His absence from the team has lead to PSJ being unable to keep any clean sheets this season. Douglas Spew does not look likely to feature from the knee injury that he endured during that semi final win against Livingston #2. This will then leave the left back slot a difficult position to cover with his absence, increasing the managers head ache. Rumour has it Nick ‘PC’ Elder has stolen a boat to make it back in time for the game. It is thought because he has close friends within the old bill he feels he can do what he wants. PSJ released a statement stating “we fully expect him to be there to play”.

Huge pressure has also been put on Chris Pink performance in tomorrows final as he has just recently returned from an intense training programme in Ghana. Chris Pink took the decision to take leave from playing for PSJ and travel to Ghana for a six month training programme where it was suggested that he was training just for this cup final tomorrow. Some people have criticised his decision to abandon his team mates but Chris has refused to be drawn onto this topic and he said “My focus is on playing well, I do not wish to discuss all the performance enhancing drugs that I have previously taken”.

One player who is enjoying his time at PSJ is Daniel Potter who recently signed a new contract that takes him up to December 2013. He commented saying “I am just happy that I have sorted my future out and I can get my head down and do what I do best. I couldn’t commit further than December as I have other commitments but I am ready and prepared for tomorrow”. Reports have suggested that his other commitments include quidditch and playing with Bunsen burners; however Daniel has refused to comment on this. Another player to recently sign a new contract is Stewart Elvis, he seemed delighted when he was seen at the swimming disco at the Perth leisure pool on Saturday night. Another swimmer, who wished not to be named saw Stewart jumping about on inflatables and doing ‘bombs’ in the deep end whilst shouting ‘PSJ’.

Finally, captain Michael Rodger was interviewed by Sky Sports News today ahead of the final tomorrow which can be seen on Sky Sports 1 from 2pm; this includes extended interviews from Dale Walker, ‘Kirky’ and The Wee Lee. Michael who has a few coaching offers to consider at the end of the season is also out of contract at the end of the season. He is thought to be considering leaving PSJ at the end of the season to take up a new coaching role with unnamed clubs. Michael had this to say “This is the first time we have made it to the final and we are going to give it our best shot. It has been my greatest honour to captain this side this season and I really hope we can finish this season on a high”. He also refused to comment on his future however he did have this to say “My English writing skills may be debatable but my determination is not questionable, we are playing tomorrow to win. MON THE PSJ!”

Did you find the white strips Nips?

If you guys win I'm gonnae do a John Terry and put a strip on for the photo's!

Have we informed Saints? Don't imagine they'd stick it on the website but you never know....

Do you want anything on the club facebook page?

If there was space in a car id come through and take pictures for the page as well.

Elvis has suggested we all wear the same colour of shorts and socks, so if possible can you all bring a pair of white shorts and socks and a pair of blue shorts and socks and we can try and get everyone kitted out the same.  Bring spares if you have any too.

I'll look out some shorts and socks Nips in case anyone needs them.

Harry if you nutmeg the boy that halfed me the last time, then ping one in the top corner you will be my all time favourite! Probably everyones favourite actually.. Absolutely gutted I can't play.

Oh the PSJ ole ole!!

I'll look out some shorts and socks Nips in case anyone needs them.

Harry if you nutmeg the boy that halfed me the last time, then ping one in the top corner you will be my all time favourite! Probably everyones favourite actually.. Absolutely gutted I can't play.

Oh the PSJ ole ole!!

Ill steal them.

Is anybody really looking out their court suits?