Saints V Motherwell, Sunday 19Th May 12.45 Ko

glenrothes saintee

I couldn't go; had a big event at work today which was really fun and took my mind of the what was happening at McD. Looked at Twitter, saw Liam had  scored. Looked and again and it was 2 I got home just before 3pm and got the result. Haven't stopped grinning since. Now hoping the first leg is at home as I need to be at work 18/19 July.  Magnificent achievement for saints!

Sadly couldn't make the game, but ridiculously proud to be a Saintee tonight. Watched the ICT game on Sky and it was really noticeable how much they seemed to have run out of steam (just as it was evident when we played them a few weeks ago). At one point in the match, with them chasing the game, they won a corner and the game was held up because none of their players would run over to take it. I think that just sums up the difference: in the end, they didn't want it as much as we did.

This team might not be as strong a footballing side as the 98/99 lot, but the work ethic and determination really says a lot for the job Steve Lomas has done (and that's coming from someone who has been a critic of his). Perhaps unfortunately, it's personified most by a player who's leaving - Liam Craig, who has popped up so many times to push us over the finishing line - first to get us into the top 6, and now again today with a screamer. He'll be sorely missed, and right now it looks like he's worth a hundred Richard Brittains.

It's also worth drawing attention to the fact that, in the end, we've finished just 7 points off a Champions League place. What an amazing achievement. Can't wait for the European games. Is someone booking Sportsters?  :wink:   :D

Fantastic display. Fantastic result.

Still emotional.

What a team effort.

I have to be honest.I didn`t think we would be in europe at the end of play today as we needed a combination of results that I didn`t think would happen.

Macca was absolutely fantastic.He has taken a lot of stick this season for not scoring goals but some fans just didn`t see what he brought to the team.

Well done Callum,hopefully you get another season.Gary Miller you played with so much compusure I think you could be worth another season.

Finally a huge thanks to Liam & Muzz.The effort you put in for a team you will not be playing for next season was unbelievable. You both ran your legs into the ground & were hardly able to walk at the end of game.

Pwowd very very pwowd.

Just home. Still a bit lost for words. I was nervous about going, my lad's 12th birthday, and he was desperate to go, but he's not good with disappointment (he has aspergers). He says that today was the best birthday present that he could ever imagine.

We were magnificent. First 15 minutes were great, then Motherwell took control a bit. We could have lost our way, but from 30 minutes onwards we were outstanding. Gary Miller - what a game he had, as did MacLean and Callum.

Fantastic stuff, thoroughly deserved. A properly memorable day.

Also, we'll done Saints for promoting the match, including Ross Cunningham for his videos and Dawn for doing the fan video. Well done to the c. 1500 people who responded. The difference between 3500 fans and 5000 was amazing. The atmosphere reminded me of the 90s.

Congratulations to all involved in a brilliant day, and sincere thanks for putting a huge grin on the face of a little boy who has had a rough few months.

Proud Saintee

====

This is what football is all about, really.

Congrats to the laddy!

Well that was simply the best day in football I have had for 25 years (I am a recent Saints convert having moved to Perthshire two years ago - was previously a Wimbledon fan and just celebrated 25th anniversary of yhe Cup win). Been to pretty much every home match this season with my two sons and sooo pleased that all the hard work the players have put in has got the right result.

Think today was probably the best performance I have seen, every player including subs were immense not an off day from anyone. Felt very emotional at the end as have grown to love this squad and will miss the likes of Liam and Murray greatly, their effort and attitude today epitomised why we have done so well this season

Party time here in Sweden. Couldn't believe how smoothly it went today, was expecting a nerve shredding 2nd half.

So proud to be a Saintee, still wearing my top. The place is absolutely buzzing and I do not believe for one second that it has anything to do with the fact Sweden just became World Champions of ice hockey.

This was Saints' doing.

An amazing afternoon!

Really thought that this had gretna from a few seasons ago all over it. Good to see Saints doing things the easy way when it came to it, mind you, there was the nervy stomach turning for the whole second half. Just a fantastic achievement for a club like Saints to get to Europe - let alone twice in two seasons!

Fantastic!

You get these scenarios which come around every so often and it often ends in disappointment e.g. Gretna, but sometimes like Airdrie 1990 everything goes our way in terms of a successful outcome. Today was he latter. Enjoy it when you can.

Let's get a big bus and hire Cliff ........ it'll keep him away from Wimbledon at least ....... and people will pay us to do that probably.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=pUkrz__ObR8