Europa League 2Nd Qualifying Round Draw

The Inspiration

Hey there!

I am RBK man! Looking forward to matches against you!

To tell a little about our club.
We are Scandinavia's most successful club with 22 league championships, and nine cup titles.
We've played in the Champions League 11 times, and have moved on to the quarter finals twice. We have beaten teams like Real Madrid and AC Milan.

Sorry for my bad english! :razz:

May the best team win! :-)
Edited by Troillonge

For those who might be interested, these are probably the players who will start against you guys (if we beat Crusaders, ofc...) 

(sorry my bad english... it's reaaally rusty... probably less rusty than your norwegian, tho :laugh: )

Alexander Lund Hansen - Local boy, who failed to break into the first team many years ago - Returned to Rosenborg last year, and convinced us all in the Europa League. Pretty average keeper imo. Not much he could do here, tho :laugh: : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0N_92oJJAw

Cristian Esteban Gamboa Luna - Costarican international, and one of the most popular players. Surely one of the quickest fullbacks in the world.  

Tore Reginiussen - Captain of the team. Norway international (currently Hangeland's partner at centre back)

Ken Remi Stefan Strandberg - Captain for the norwegian U21-side who reached the semi-finals in Israel earlier this month. May be sold soon, tho. Did great in Israel. 

Mikael Frank Dorsin - Our weakest link, really... slow and over the top... but experienced, and a winner. Famous for offside golazos. Scored twice against Brann bergen this year: http://www.rbk.no/news/article/19o70pnpj5r2r1phadx64gh3ut/title/knuste-brann

Mikkel "Mix" Morgenstar Pålssønn Diskerud - US international. Sent ut to the group stage last year with this goal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_0d_tR40T4 (3:30)

Mike Lindemann Jensen - Danish little rottweiler. Will do anything to get the ball - has scored our last three goals too. Debut goal away from home: 

Jonas Svensson - Local lad. Part of the "new U21-team" in Norway. Hardworking, technical gifed. 

Tobias Pilegaard Mikkelsen - Has underperformed so far in our jersey, but is still a great footballer. Played in the Euros last year for Denmark, where he impressed (Germany, Netherlands and Portugal were the opponents I think) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDrfKSDOUX4

Nicki Niels Bille Nielsen - 80% of the jerseys who get sold is printet with Nicki Bille on the back. A funny guy. https://twitter.com/NickiBille14

Alexander Toft Søderlund - Our newest signing. Norway internatinal. Supposed to replace Tarik Elyounoussi (Norway international, sold to Hoffenheim last week). 

Elyounoussi's replacement has not convinced in FK Haugesund this season, and Rosenborg-supporters are fairly sceptical, with good reason. Anyway, we got a better player in Borek Dockal (czech international), who may be on his way to FC Copenhagen. He was the topscorer in the last years Europa League QF.

Edited by Demirzani

Hey there!

I am RBK man! Looking forward to matches against you!

To tell a little about our club.
We are Scandinavia's most successful club with 22 league championships, and nine cup titles.
We've played in the Champions League 11 times, and have moved on to the quarter finals twice. We have beaten teams like Real Madrid and AC Milan.

Sorry for my bad english! :razz:

May the best team win! :-)

Thanx for the info on your team,definitely no problem with your english you would be top off the class in Dundee just joking your English is good and as you say may the best team win. Cheers pal

to our new forum members. - fact - if our manager was not suspended and sitting in the stands for more than 10 games last season we would have probably won the league. We comfortably beat Celtic in Perth while Celtic were beating teams like Barcelona. Also we never lost a game if we scored first. Impressive :)

Was abroad on business today and only just seen the draw. From a selfish perspective I live in Belfast so going to the away leg would be pretty easy !! and because it is a team Saints should be capable of beating I will be cheering for Crusaders !!

Think I may even pop along to the Crusaders vs Rosenborg leg in my brand new Saints top !

Edited by belfastsaintee

Patsy you will get long odds on the Oirish winning that tie over two legs.

I am going to put a pony on it just in case.

If the Oirish do win, then my Norway trip will be a free holiday and I'll watch the game in a pub there :laugh:

Good plan. I'm gonna do the same.

Helsinkisaintee and myself are booking flights to Trondheim tomorrow, gonna be there the night before the game, back on the Friday afternoon.

COYS!

Hi Demirzani

Looking forward to meeting you guys in Trondheim.

Does your goalie wear a toorie?

BC

For those who might be interested, these are probably the players who will start against you guys (if we beat Crusaders, ofc...) 

(sorry my bad english... it's reaaally rusty... probably less rusty than your norwegian, tho :laugh: )

Alexander Lund Hansen - Local boy, who failed to break into the first team many years ago - Returned to Rosenborg last year, and convinced us all in the Europa League. Pretty average keeper imo. Not much he could do here, tho :laugh: : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0N_92oJJAw

Cristian Esteban Gamboa Luna - Costarican international, and one of the most popular players. Surely one of the quickest fullbacks in the world.  

Tore Reginiussen - Captain of the team. Norway international (currently Hangeland's partner at centre back)

Ken Remi Stefan Strandberg - Captain for the norwegian U21-side who reached the semi-finals in Israel earlier this month. May be sold soon, tho. Did great in Israel. 

Mikael Frank Dorsin - Our weakest link, really... slow and over the top... but experienced, and a winner. Famous for offside golazos. Scored twice against Brann bergen this year: http://www.rbk.no/news/article/19o70pnpj5r2r1phadx64gh3ut/title/knuste-brann

Mikkel "Mix" Morgenstar Pålssønn Diskerud - US international. Sent ut to the group stage last year with this goal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_0d_tR40T4 (3:30)

Mike Lindemann Jensen - Danish little rottweiler. Will do anything to get the ball - has scored our last three goals too. Debut goal away from home: 

Jonas Svensson - Local lad. Part of the "new U21-team" in Norway. Hardworking, technical gifed. 

Tobias Pilegaard Mikkelsen - Has underperformed so far in our jersey, but is still a great footballer. Played in the Euros last year for Denmark, where he impressed (Germany, Netherlands and Portugal were the opponents I think) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDrfKSDOUX4

Nicki Niels Bille Nielsen - 80% of the jerseys who get sold is printet with Nicki Bille on the back. A funny guy. https://twitter.com/NickiBille14

Alexander Toft Søderlund - Our newest signing. Norway internatinal. Supposed to replace Tarik Elyounoussi (Norway international, sold to Hoffenheim last week). 

Elyounoussi's replacement has not convinced in FK Haugesund this season, and Rosenborg-supporters are fairly sceptical, with good reason. Anyway, we got a better player in Borek Dockal (czech international), who may be on his way to FC Copenhagen. He was the topscorer in the last years Europa League QF.

Some supplementary information about travelling, hotels, distances etc in Norway. Vegard and Olav Tryggvason have posted some information earlier. 

Rosenborgs hometown is Trondheim, the third biggest city in Norway (population 180 000), situated in the middle of Norway.

Nearest airport is Trondheim lufthavn Værnes (Trondheim airport Vaernes) TRD. Airport is approx 30 km from the city centre. Fun fact: The area westward of the airport is named Hell (which means luck in norwegian. Theres a sign on Hell trainstation saying "Gods expedition", meaning goods expedition).

Bus is a cheap an convenient transport between airport and city centre.

Lerkendal stadium (stadion) is in walking distance from city centre.

Hotels cost from ~ £52. (Heres a searchservice.)

Those of you planning flights to Oslo (500 km south of Trondheim) may consider train or bus from Oslo to Trondheim. Rygge Airport is 66 km southeast of Oslo. Sandefjord Torp airport is 110 km southwest of Oslo. Oslo airport Gardermoen (OSL) is 47 km north of Oslo. Information.

Train from Oslo to Trondheim departs Oslo centralstation (Oslo S) and operates OSL too. Here you may search for traintickets and prices from NSB (the norwegian railwaycompany). E.g. £21, 31 or 42 one way on "minipris" which means mini (low) price.

A long distance bus between Oslo (+OSL) and Trondheim cost from £5, but there's really few tickets at that rate. Rates are from £5 to 45(= full price). Lavprisekspressen. ("The lowpriceexpress").

Rentalcars cost from £80, but may be much cheaper, maybe free (including partly paid gas) if there are many cars delivered at OSL that rental car companies want transported back to Trondheim. (Returbil.no is a transfercar-service.)

Gas costs about £7 a gallon. Norway uses the metric system. Thats appr £1,50 a liter.

Questions? Ask here or at RBKweb.no. We are glad to help you and looking forward to hear you sing for your team in Trondheim :-)

Edited by RBK_supporter

Some supplementary information about travelling, hotels, distances etc in Norway. Vegard and Olav Tryggvason have posted some information earlier. 

Rosenborgs hometown is Trondheim, the third biggest city in Norway (population 180 000), situated in the middle of Norway.

Nearest airport is Trondheim lufthavn Værnes (Trondheim airport Vaernes) TRD. Airport is approx 30 km from the city centre. Fun fact: The area westward of the airport is named Hell (which means luck in norwegian. Theres a sign on Hell trainstation saying "Gods expedition", meaning goods expedition).

Bus is a cheap an convenient transport between airport and city centre.

Lerkendal stadium (stadion) is in walking distance from city centre.

Hotels cost from ~ £52. (Heres a searchservice.)

Those of you planning flights to Oslo (500 km south of Trondheim) may consider train or bus from Oslo to Trondheim. Rygge Airport is 66 km southeast of Oslo. Sandefjord Torp airport is 110 km southwest of Oslo. Oslo airport Gardermoen (OSL) is 47 km north of Oslo. Information.

Train from Oslo to Trondheim departs Oslo centralstation (Oslo S) and operates OSL too. Here you may search for traintickets and prices from NSB (the norwegian railwaycompany). E.g. £21, 31 or 42 one way on "minipris" which means mini (low) price.

A long distance bus between Oslo (+OSL) and Trondheim cost from £5, but there's really few tickets at that rate. Rates are from £5 to 45(= full price). Lavprisekspressen. ("The lowpriceexpress").

Rentalcars cost from £80, but may be much cheaper, maybe free (including partly paid gas) if there are many cars delivered at OSL that rental car companies want transported back to Trondheim. (Returbil.no is a transfercar-service.)

Gas costs about £7 a gallon. Norway uses the metric system. Thats appr £1,50 a liter.

Questions? Ask here or at RBKweb.no. We are glad to help you and looking forward to hear you sing for your team in Trondheim :-)

===================

Thanks for all the info, it's very helpful.

Saints fans had an amazing time with the fans of Eskişehirspor last year, both in Turkey and back in Perth.

I feel that we can look forward to good times, both in Trondheim and Perth.

Some one of you guys wondred about how many of us Rosenborg fans who going to see the match in Perth. I can tell you guys that many of us think that scotland is a perfect place to see a away match in Europe because of the cheap beer and the nice country as well. Much better than Kazakhstan who we visit last year,who we was around 10-20 fans. So i think that a lot of us going to see this match, many of us have summer vacation as well, because of that i think 50-100 of us going to scotland

i was looking at the 60 pound ryanair but its jumped to 100. now tempted to drive to manchester flights £40.

not got the balls to book until the result of the 1st leg tho. and would like to see what the club come up with.

if crusaders make it they re team just need to look at this thread for motivation

Although it can be classed as an almost certainty that Crusaders will not be our opponent, it's absolutely mental that folk are happy to gamble £200+ on flights to Norway. You will all be shiting it if it goes to extra time and penalties!

Better believe it ! But it's only money and we can still go on a jolly anyway,and watch Saints play in Ireland on the box in some mad Norwegian fjord boozer or something daft like that