Europa League 2Nd Qualifying Round Draw

The Inspiration

Anyone know what is the best way to get from Oslo Rygge to Oslo Torp?

That's a tricky one to be honest. Most public transport in these areas are going to and from Oslo. So you'll have to travel via Oslo. Using train it takes 55 minutes from Rygge to Oslo Central Station. And then about 2 hours from Oslo to Torp. So at least 3 hours. And probably 3 and a half hour considering waiting time in Oslo. Buses might be faster. And if so, I would look into Rygge Express and Torp Express.

If you have the chance I would recommend replacing either Rygge or Torp with Gardermoen. Being the main hub for Oslo it got much better transport services.

That's a tricky one to be honest. Most public transport in these areas are going to and from Oslo. So you'll have to travel via Oslo. Using train it takes 55 minutes from Rygge to Oslo Central Station. And then about 2 hours from Oslo to Torp. So at least 3 hours. And probably 3 and a half hour considering waiting time in Oslo. Buses might be faster. And if so, I would look into Rygge Express and Torp Express.

If you have the chance I would recommend replacing either Rygge or Torp with Gardermoen. Being the main hub for Oslo it got much better transport services.

Thanks.

If we were to hire a car, to get between Rygge and Torp, would that make things easier?

Thanks.

If we were to hire a car, to get between Rygge and Torp, would that make things easier?

Yes. At least time wise.

Route

Take north on E6. On the northern exit of Moss you'll see signs to E18 Horten as well as a ferry sign. 

Ferry leaves every 15 minutes and costs 107 NOK for car and driver. And an additional 37 NOK for every passenger.

Once you leave the ferry follow signs to E18.

Go south once you reach E18 and you'll see sign to Torp after about 25 km.

Local trains passes the airport once a hour. In addition three long distance trains stops at the airport each day.

There's two different airport buses.

The Airport Express Coach goes every 15 minutes. And use 54 minutes from the airport to the City square.

Værnes Express doesn't seem to have a specific schedule. But use 35 minutes from the airport to the City square.

--------------------------------------

Thanks Kjello,i'm in P Hotel just opposite central train station,so i'm hoping to travel by train,as i'll walk from central

--------------------------------------

Thanks Kjello,i'm in P Hotel just opposite central train station,so i'm hoping to travel by train,as i'll walk from central

Both airport buses will take you closer to your hotel. Both has a stop at the Best Western Chesterfield Hotel just 150 meters from P Hotel.

Just so you know. :-)

For those wondering what the P stands for.

The P's

Both airport buses will take you closer to your hotel. Both has a stop at the Best Western Chesterfield Hotel just 150 meters from P Hotel.

Just so you know. :-)

For those wondering what the P stands for.

The P's

-------------------------------------

Ok something to think about.Noticed it's in the lively area,hope to enjoy some hospitalty from the locals! :wink:

@dave mc:

Forget everything I've said. Didn't know there was another hotel named P Hotel in Trondheim now. If you're staying at P Hotels Brattøra as I think you are, then your'e better off stepping off at the central station. The Airport Express Coach marked "Flybussen" stops at the central station as well. But the other one, Værnes Express, don't. So if your timing is right and you arrive just before a train leaves the airport. Then you'll be better of taking the train as Flybussen takes about 15 minutes longer.

I'm flying out on the Wednesday from Edinburgh to Torp on the 6.50pm flight, returning on the Friday evening flight. I'll be taking my car from Bridge of Earn - happy to take 3/4 people and split petrol/parking costs if anyone else is heading from Perth area around that time!

pm'd you

Glenrothes saintee. We are travelling from Aberdeen with SAS (Think there earliest flight is six am) To Bergen. From Bergen we are going Norwegian airlines but SAS (wideroe) also fly. There seemed to be plenty of flight times to choose. Might be worth trying to get late flight on Wednesday night. Hope this helps

@dave mc:

Forget everything I've said. Didn't know there was another hotel named P Hotel in Trondheim now. If you're staying at P Hotels Brattøra as I think you are, then your'e better off stepping off at the central station. The Airport Express Coach marked "Flybussen" stops at the central station as well. But the other one, Værnes Express, don't. So if your timing is right and you arrive just before a train leaves the airport. Then you'll be better of taking the train as Flybussen takes about 15 minutes longer.

Had to double check if I booked P-hotel trondhiem and thankfully I did.

Those travelling via Aberdeen, who did you book through? I'm hoping I can get finished early on the morning of the game, if I can,I will try to book flights if I can get times to suit. Not bothered about what way I can return. If the price is too crazy then it will be watching online for me.

SAS

Glenrothes saintee. We are travelling from Aberdeen with SAS (Think there earliest flight is six am) To Bergen. From Bergen we are going Norwegian airlines but SAS (wideroe) also fly. There seemed to be plenty of flight times to choose. Might be worth trying to get late flight on Wednesday night. Hope this helps

I'm working Wednesday night and can't get the shift off, so was hoping if I can get away a few hours early on Thursday morning I would book via Aberdeen. Flights now coming in at £500 rtn., so it looks like I will be watch the game on TV or online :(

Fingers crossed I win the lottery this week.